Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #15
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
No worries man I think there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Typically the fog light housing holds on your bezels. There will be a way to get you in the right direction. Work on getting those photos and we will go from there.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
When I had my Jeep Liberty I bought a set of those Bling Lights advertised as a direct fit.. Well they were not a direct fit. In fact they were not even close. I had to modify the mount on my jeep to accept them. Even then they sat inside the housing about 1/2' too deep. I don't trust that company any more...
Hope you find a solution.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #17
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
okay I don't know why it keeps turning the picture sideways but this is from the inside.
Attached Images

Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
Adam63impala

I would love to get a different brand of fog light but now I have no idea what will fit since he hacked it all up . And to answer one persons post, I really just wanted the harness the bling lights came with and they also came with blue halos , of course they looked horrible , could barely see the halo at night and it wasn't a complete circle .. and they most definitely are made in Hong kong. I never used the actual fog light bulb , they were dim and I'd rather have the orange oracle halos showing ..
Old 08-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #19
Adam63impala

So I unhooked the actual fog light bc the harness has 3 buttons . One is power and the top button I hooked up to my headlight halos and the bottom button I hooked up to the fog halos. So I am not worried at all about the light output of the fog light bulb bc I won't ever have them on . Therefor it doesn't matter the brand just as long as they fit and the glass doesn't keep cracking .
Old 08-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #20
BlackSmoke

I'm looking at your pictures here.. Man what a mess. I don't have the answer just yet but I am thinking hard on what options you have. That facia is just literally hollowed out. I would be livid at thie shop that made short work of your bumper. I am going to look around some and see what you need to do to get back in shape with this.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
Old 08-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #21
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
No LED don't put out that much heat, more then likely its a bad manufacturing.

Here is what it looks like with a fog light in there.
Yeah now it's coming back to me on how that thing suppose to look from the back. I am at a loss so far as to how he can even get a set a fogs back on there and they be secure.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #22
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
If you can find someone to plastic weld the cups/back of fog hole onto your bumper i will cut the backs off one of my old bumpers and send to you to use for repair (i dont plan to ever add fogs to my car and i have a couple extra damaged fascias...
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #23
Adam63impala

That would be awesome man ! Is that usually an expensive job ? I'll have to call around to a few shops Monday on my day off .
Old 08-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #24
Adam63impala

How'd you get some damaged fascias?
Old 08-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #25
13blackLS

Just let me know if you find someone and it wont cost an arm or a leg, you may be able to just epoxy it on yourself lol

My original v6 bumper got scratched so i replaced with an ss bumper, couple weeks later i hit a deer and ended up buying a new bumper and i bought some junkyard ones to mess around with too lol

Just pm your info, ill be able to cut them tomorrow or monday and ill ship them out usps
Old 08-30-2015, 12:19 AM   #26
Adam63impala

Hmmm I wonder how much I could get a black junkyard bumper for ..
Old 08-30-2015, 12:22 AM   #27
13blackLS

Ive paid as little as 75 (pretty messed up) and as much as 100 (broken but repaired)

Only bad thing is you will most likely need the prepped and painted, ive never found one in good condition paint wise lol
Old 08-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #28
BlackSmoke

Yeah that's exactly what I came on here to say just now. Either use a creative method to create the cup shape back so the fogs have something to mount to or buy a new/used facia. Have you tried craigslist in your area?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92236548-GM1...543469&vxp=mtr

Look on eBay as well. That link I posted was just a quick search I did. If that one fits on your ride it's definatley not a bad price but it is primered.

I doubt you will get any where with the shop that cut up your facia like that but I would sure contact them if you indeed didn't authorize that step for the install. I just don't know what people you are paying are thinking when they do this kind of thing. It's like they just want to get it done, get paid and pull the next car in without considering quality and long term problems you will have for years to come owning that car from their actions.

Also hop over to member classified and create a thread looking for that piece like this member is offering to do to help. Once you get your front end back in order I will be more than happy to send you link to the LED fog lights I installed purchased from a sponsor right here on Camaro5. They been running strong now for 2 years and I use them a lot while driving my Camaro. I like the look of DRL even during the day time.

Last edited by BlackSmoke; 08-30-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Tags
fog lights, halo lights