Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #43
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-nash View Post
Cool then I can try my phone in your car during the weekend cruise!

BTW is yours the AT&T version too?
Ya the at7t skyrocket. (4G version)

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 AM   #44
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
The SD card works fine on the phone and is detected in the Camaro if I use a card reader so I don't think that is an issue.

Also having similar hardware doesn't matter. The software (usb drivers, etc) would be completely different between the S1 and S2. I am hoping an update will fix the issue.
Actually the software is no different neither is the usb drivers, I know because I thought about upgrading to that phone and when compared with the sprint employee it's no difference only thing is the new one got rid of the keyboard for one and is thinner and the camera is better but after that everything is pretty much the same as far as software and drives go. Oh yeah it comes with more gb then mine as well but only differences. It's the same phone.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #45
d-nash

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Black/IOM interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Actually the software is no different neither is the usb drivers, I know because I thought about upgrading to that phone and when compared with the sprint employee it's no difference only thing is the new one got rid of the keyboard for one and is thinner and the camera is better but after that everything is pretty much the same as far as software and drives go. Oh yeah it comes with more gb then mine as well but only differences. It's the same phone.
You don't see the difference doesn't mean they are using the same software. Both the phones use different processors and mostly different parts internally. They are using software built from different kernels. Hell even the different version of the S2 are built from different kernels, so you might find bugs on one carrier's phone that are not present on the other.

2012 Camaro 2LT/RS | Black With IO Stripes | IO Interior | Sun Roof | 30% window tint | Tinted tail lights and sidemarkers | Black bowties | "Orangish" footwell lighting | MRT 2.0 Exhaust | CAI intake w/ ADM scoop | Kappa Inifinty Five Amp | Kicker CVR 10" Sub
d-nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #46
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
You don't see the difference doesn't mean they are using the same software. Both the phones use different processors and mostly different parts internally. They are using software built from different kernels. Hell even the different version of the S2 are built from different kernels, so you might find bugs on one carrier's phone that are not present on the other.
Well I don't know about ATT which I just now saw thats what you have but for Sprint its not a different software and I've been over this enough know that for sure. Processor has nothing to do with software has thats a hardware component. And hooking up to the car is a software problem not hardware. I've seen droid not work and then get an upgraded software and then work.

But anyways I have no clue why your having trouble and everyone else isn't just sounds like you got a bad phone or bug stopping it from working. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #47
d-nash

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Black/IOM interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Well I don't know about ATT which I just now saw thats what you have but for Sprint its not a different software and I've been over this enough know that for sure. Processor has nothing to do with software has thats a hardware component. And hooking up to the car is a software problem not hardware. I've seen droid not work and then get an upgraded software and then work.

But anyways I have no clue why your having trouble and everyone else isn't just sounds like you got a bad phone or bug stopping it from working. Good luck.
I have the Sprint phone, everyone else has the AT&T version and it works fine for them.

Trust me the processor (and other hardware) that the phone is running on matters a lot. The kernels and drivers are all optimized differently for different processors and other modules. There might be bug fixes in the kernel/andorid software trees for one of the models that don't make it to the other models.

I didn't say it was a hardware problem. All I said was since we have different models (hence different hardware) we are running different versions of the software and that's why my phone does not work while it does for others. Now if someone can confirm that their Sprint S2 works in any chevy (I tried it on a Traverse over the Thanksgiving weekend and it didn't work on that either) then it could be a hardware issue with my phone.

2012 Camaro 2LT/RS | Black With IO Stripes | IO Interior | Sun Roof | 30% window tint | Tinted tail lights and sidemarkers | Black bowties | "Orangish" footwell lighting | MRT 2.0 Exhaust | CAI intake w/ ADM scoop | Kappa Inifinty Five Amp | Kicker CVR 10" Sub
d-nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #48
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
I have the Sprint phone, everyone else has the AT&T version and it works fine for them.

Trust me the processor (and other hardware) that the phone is running on matters a lot. The kernels and drivers are all optimized differently for different processors and other modules. There might be bug fixes in the kernel/andorid software trees for one of the models that don't make it to the other models.

I didn't say it was a hardware problem. All I said was since we have different models (hence different hardware) we are running different versions of the software and that's why my phone does not work while it does for others. Now if someone can confirm that their Sprint S2 works in any chevy (I tried it on a Traverse over the Thanksgiving weekend and it didn't work on that either) then it could be a hardware issue with my phone.
oh ok got cha. Just to let you know once they released the S2 they sent out an update to all android users to update the software to what your phone is using. So we are using the same software but like I said good luck with getting that worked out.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #49
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Hey guys, I just bought a 2011 1lt RS and it didn't come with the USB connection. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (AT&T) and was wondering if it would be a waste of money to add the USB module? Say if I want to stream Pandora over USB will I be able to do this with the Skyrocket? Or can you only read the phone as a USB drive? I do have a iPod 160, but I've been just using Pandora lately. I know the sound quality always seems to suffer when using the AUX jack so I was hoping to get better sound quality over USB. Do you guys notice a good boost in sound quality with USB over using the AUX jack? Is Bluetooth worse sound than the AUX?
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #50
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
Is Bluetooth worse sound than the AUX?
IMHO yes. Give it a try and listen for yourself.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
IMHO yes. Give it a try and listen for yourself.

-Funk
I'll take your word for it plus I thought this phone wasn't compatible anyway. On the flip side, is there a noticeable improvement with using USB over AUX? Or would that depend more or less on the source (cell phone vs a music specific device like an Ipod/Zune)
Old 04-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #52
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
I'll take your word for it plus I thought this phone wasn't compatible anyway. On the flip side, is there a noticeable improvement with using USB over AUX? Or would that depend more or less on the source (cell phone vs a music specific device like an Ipod/Zune)
The S2 absolutely works with streaming BT.

The USB is slightly better than the AUX. The benefit to using USB is you can still control the music on the USB with the steering wheel controls which you can't do with the AUX. With the S2 the phone is not responsible for playing the music. When you hook it up via the USB/Charging port the radio in the car does the playing. The only thing the phone is doing is acting like a storage device that the radio pull music from. Using the AUX your phone is responsible for actually playing the music.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #53
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
The S2 absolutely works with streaming BT.

The USB is slightly better than the AUX. The benefit to using USB is you can still control the music on the USB with the steering wheel controls which you can't do with the AUX. With the S2 the phone is not responsible for playing the music. When you hook it up via the USB/Charging port the radio in the car does the playing. The only thing the phone is doing is acting like a storage device that the radio pull music from. Using the AUX your phone is responsible for actually playing the music.

-Funk
Oh in that case I would be better off just using my iPod 160 classic. So streaming Pandora over USB is definitely out? Actually, I tried syncing my phone via bluetooth and I couldn't get it to work (I tried following the directions in the cars owners manual). But if the audio quality suffers then I really don't care about it anyway. I thought that it might be a lossless digital wireless connection. Maybe bluetooth isn't the way to go and maybe something more on the lines of wi-fi would be better for wireless high quality music streaming?