Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
You're contradicting yourself man. You say you like the Camaro exterior better, but then rate it lower...?
Yes, sort of. But the cool factor kicked in for me. Notice the high rating I gave that aspect. The other thing I did not mention is you see so many more Mustangs. The Camaro is more unique. However I still am not sure it is better looking than the Mustang.

One of the things the Mustang does is connect me with cars I cut my teeth on. The Camaro not so much. I do not see much 1969 Camaro there. But I like new stuff so that is not a problem for me. As to the interiors both were going retro and neither pulled it off for me.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
Caminsky

Drives: 2001 Z28 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I would have NEVER guessed this:

My numbers would look like this:

* Mustang exterior appearance: 6.00
* Camaro exterior appearance: 8.75

Add the Challenger into the mix...

* Mustang exterior appearance: 6.00
* Camaro exterior appearance: 8.75
* Challenger exterior appearance: 8.70

I personally think the Mustang is hideous and would buy a Challenger long before even considering the Stang...
In my personal tastes I think the Challenger is just a little better looking than the Camaro (though I flip flop a lot on this), but I feel like the Camaro is a better value. I think the new Mustang looks nice, but just isn't nearly as striking. Still a very nice car though IMO.

OP, why did you ditch the 335?
Caminsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Your observations just seem like it is composed/based on reading articles and comments about each car and you never really even felt/drove these cars. Performance factor is really where most people look for + and - when deciding between cars of this type and you mention nothing about it. Seems like you should be shopping for a Lexus or Mercedez if the ergonomics are your main concerns.
Good point. It is all about the driving.

I did drive the Camaro 2SS 6M. But I have not yet driven the Brembo Mustang. Here the Chevy dealer was much more attentive to my visit and a non car guy salesman was happy to help me and get me a drive even though I said I was not buying today. The sales guy did not know much about the car. I always know more than any salesman I have met anyway.

So I do not ask them any questions except price. So a non car guy is fine for me. I feel sorry for them. This guy told me they were losing their demos and would have to now buy their own cars. :(

At the Ford dealer I spent about 30 minutes poking around a Brembo Mustang GT in the show room and no one even asked me if I needed help. I was tempted to start using the horn. But instead I left. Advantage Chevrolet.

Once I drive the Mustang I will post. I want to be fair to both. I have owned both in the past and I think it is so much fun to decide between 2 such great cars. In the past neither car was so great but still fun anyway.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #18
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
All are individual opinions, but his descriptions and ratings don't match up. You really have to drive and use the ammenities of each car to get true opinion and rating. I've stopped and looked at the mustang myself, they both have their goods and bads.
Yes all opinions. And sometimes things do not always add up. Like when magazines declare a winner based on some arbitrary number. They are missing the point for those that are truly car obsessed. The people on forums like this are almost all passionate about cars, not just the numbers. We are all wasting so much money on cars that don't make sense. If we listen to just the numbers we all should buy Corollas.

All cars have good and bad points. But to me it is fun to talk about them. And I already am picking up some useful information to help me make my own decision.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Raqball has a point. While I don't think the Mustang is hideous, I would take a Challenger over it every day of the week.
To me the Challenger is the best looking "Pony" car. But it is also a Belgian Draft Horse. If only it weighed 500 pounds less.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #20
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caminsky View Post
In my personal tastes I think the Challenger is just a little better looking than the Camaro (though I flip flop a lot on this), but I feel like the Camaro is a better value. I think the new Mustang looks nice, but just isn't nearly as striking. Still a very nice car though IMO.

OP, why did you ditch the 335?
My lease was up. I could have bought my car for a very reasonable price.

I can't figure out myself why I am not getting another 335. It runs mid 12s with a mild tune and gets over 30 mpg. It handles like a dream on rails and has a ton of cool accessories that you cannot get on a Chevy or a Ford. It also had the best stereo of any car I have ever owned. And a great many people who see you driving any BMW think you are rich (if you like that sort of thing). And for those in the market more girls of all ages looked me over more than in any other car I have ever owned.

But I never had that much fun driving it. It was almost like it was too perfect if that is possible. I drove a 2SS today and if that was available three years ago no way would I have chosen the 335i.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #21
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
For what its worth the sunroof cars lose almost 2 inches of headroom versus regular roof cars. Def sit in a reg roof.
Yes I agree. But I really like the roof. And with the seat lowered there is plenty of headroom for me. That is not be the case for everyone.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Thanks for the post, I always enjoy reading these types of comparisons.
Interesting that you have a G8. The third car on my list is a G8 GXP 6M with the roof. Very hard to find within 1,000 miles of my house. I like 4 doors and wish you could buy a 4 door Camaro.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-13-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
Fraxum

One other thing. What do you think of the HUD? I did not like ugly square box I see reflected in the windshield. Is only the MPH there?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #24
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
To comment on the 300, I used to own one and would say the 300 had better visibility, but this is also my first coupe. My 1SS has no sunroof, I decided it wasn't worth it, and I would also rather have the extra roof height. Even with no sunroof, the 300 had a lot more clearance from the top of my head to the roof.
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #25
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
I guess I'm the only one here that would take the Mustang over the Challenger...I really don't like the look of the Challenger at all (and I can't think of a single Chrysler car I do like the look of...). I'd even go foreign and take a 370z before a Challenger.

It seems like the Camaro crowd all likes the Challenger and hates the Mustang, and I can't figure out why. I love the Mustang, and I'd probably have one if I didn't have a Camaro.
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #26
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
i drove a friend 05 V6 mustang.the only reason i would consider a newer sang is because well..its conservitive i guess.i liked how the mustang was just easy and calm on the inside unlike how the camaro is just badass...all around .But on a day to day basis idk if i could do a mustang do to its boring apperence on the outside.and the front seat felt weird as SHIT being able to see so much driver side window and front windshield.i felt exposed and naked.
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #27
Miami_Vice454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS IOM
i hate the challenger, its way too big. i would take a mustang over a challenger too. and i think this guy is confused with what he wants because to me he is more interested in ergonomics and features than in performance, etc. he should stick with the Beamer if that is the cause because no american car is even close to the quality of a beamer. but i would never have anything else than a chevy for some reason?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #28
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
It seems like the Camaro crowd all likes the Challenger and hates the Mustang, and I can't figure out why. I love the Mustang, and I'd probably have one if I didn't have a Camaro.
The Mustang is a little too small for me (don't like rubbing shoulders with the passenger).
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote