Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #29
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Just installed mine, wasn't to hard. Seems as though it has improved the throttle response nicely. I have a full level 2 BMR suspension kit so the power is really planted at full throttle. Some tire spin with all nannies off. Can really tell driving around town that the throttle is right there for the taking! I also have the Black-iceolater and a ported throttle body, and Trifecta tune. Along with the #2 BMR kit, I have BMR toe rods and trailing arms in the rear. I can't wait to put this through some cones. 1 question. Do the #s I see as I give it throttle correspond to the % of throttle?
Old 09-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #30
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Just installed mine.

Thumbs up from me. Much better throttle response.

No more delay when you want to step on it.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Just installed mine, wasn't to hard. Seems as though it has improved the throttle response nicely. I have a full level 2 BMR suspension kit so the power is really planted at full throttle. Some tire spin with all nannies off. Can really tell driving around town that the throttle is right there for the taking! I also have the Black-iceolater and a ported throttle body, and Trifecta tune. Along with the #2 BMR kit, I have BMR toe rods and trailing arms in the rear. I can't wait to put this through some cones. 1 question. Do the #s I see as I give it throttle correspond to the % of throttle?
this was posted in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
It's not the Voltage. A (Acceleration percentage) showing you exactly how much you've accelerated.

A20 means you've only pushed the gas pedal 20% or the Throttle body is 20% open...
Old 09-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #32
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Just got mine- may not get a chance to install for some time.

But just wondering, I thought folks believed this would plug into the OBDII port, but it appears to just plug in at the back of the gas pedal- correct?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #33
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Just got mine- may not get a chance to install for some time.

But just wondering, I thought folks believed this would plug into the OBDII port, but it appears to just plug in at the back of the gas pedal- correct?

Thanks!
Yes at the back of the gas pedal - You are correct
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
Old 09-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #34
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
How did I miss this mythical product?!

Finally an actual mod with raving reviews!

Now on how to get one
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #35
Ventmaster

OK! Wifey went for groceries by herself! Found some time...

While this is not nearly the PIA changing the clutch master cylinder was, it was not a piece of pie (got a headache, but could have done myself a favor and lost the "monovision contacts"-some of you will get that).

First off, when the instructs say "push up the securing grey pin", they mean take it off! It looks like a light grey crown on top of the harness. You can see where the release button is for the bottom half by looking at the male plug on your throttle controller. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to release it and pull apart as instructed. Sorry no pics... my time was limited.

When I set up the controller my Low Voltage went to 0.4 not '0' like I expected. Then when I set the High voltage it went all the way up to 2.1, until I pressed the 'B' button again to set it, and it jumped to 100. Exactly what the instructions said, but just not quite what I was expecting, LOL!

I turned off the ignition, but the controller still displayed "SPO". So I figured I'd ramp it up (go BIG or go home). Went to SP9 and pulled the key, but it continued to glow "SP9". So I started the engine and let it idle.

The display didn't go off til I exited the vehicle and closed the door. I'll see how she drives in the morning.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #36
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
So the 1 throttle controller on the website works for both v6 and SS? I have a 2010 V6
Works great, you will not be disappointed.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #37
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
as far as the wiring, I kinda did a little of both.

First after fighting the gas peddle for an hour, and yes the little white/gray piece has to come completey off, I get the cables pluged in.

Then were do you put the little box. I first tried under the dash (that rattled), I then ran the cable under the trim peice of the console and hid the box between the carpet and trans tunnel, that worked.

Now were to mount the Remote, I saw someone else mount the remote on the Left hand side of the steering Wheel, that look good for now.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #38
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
I installed mine today and here is where I put the box and the controller.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #39
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
How did I miss this mythical product?!

Finally an actual mod with raving reviews!

Now on how to get one
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372526

pm horizon
Old 09-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

thanks for the pics guys!
Old 09-27-2014, 03:32 AM   #41
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
should do another group buy for this
Old 09-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #42
Ventmaster

Hard rain last night = wet roads to work. Not an ideal day to try this out.

I was concerned the controller never did turn off after car was shut down, door shut, time given for everything to go out- but controller continued to glow. Really don't want a flat battery after work.

Anyone else seeing this?

Closed Thread