Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
AutobotSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
watch out for lazy dealers that install the ground effects kit wrong.

We had our 2010 Camaro 2ss for only one day and got it up to 120 on the local highway. when i got home the ground effects kit piece had come apart on the front and air got between the body and the actual front piece of the GE kit. that caused the piece to get pushed down onto the pavement and burn a hole right through it. the dealer only had put it on with some 3M tape not with rivets as your are suppose to. they are ordering me a new front piece free of charge and putting it on correctly. WATCH OUT.
AutobotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Hum didn't they issue a TSB on the fasteners? Or was that for the spoiler?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
AutobotSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
they half assed the install and only used a strip of 3M tape to hold it to the front of the bumper. Don McCue Chevy in St Charles IL is a bunch of dumbasses.
AutobotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
There are lots of dealers doing this. Look for the rivets attached at the most forward area of the spoiler. Tape does not hold up well at the down force generated at high speeds.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
There are lots of dealers doing this. Look for the rivets attached at the most forward area of the spoiler. Tape does not hold up well at the down force generated at high speeds.
Yeah, seriously. I can't believe they didn't get the memo. All new kits force a rivet install now I think.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Yeah, seriously. I can't believe they didn't get the memo. All new kits force a rivet install now I think.
There are still some dinkle dorks who don't read instructions very well.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Did your dealer mention anything about having to cut through the double-thick chrome on your exhaust to make the exaust pipes fit behind the rear diffuser section? He said it was a bitch to cut through and said it might be easier to just leave it the way it was. Even though the kit comes with tips to place over the cut chrome, he said it wasn't worth the effort because it still looks awkward. Wonder what the issue is.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Hylton

I've noticed most guys don't have the end pieces installed (lazy installers) but my guy did it to the letter!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
DkknightX
Account Suspended

I can still have it done that way if I request it. Do you think it looks better that way or to have them cut the chrome?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Getting mine today

I am goign to be picking mine up from the dealer today. The GFX cured over night and they called me today to ask about cutting the muffler. I said yeah cut it, i am getting new exshuast anyway so makes no nevermind to me, i did not want the muff sticking out of the back through a square hole if that is what happens. I will be checking the rivets, i think there are supposed to be 16 rivets on the v8 and 17 on the v6 (that was posted here somewhere after the recall) and bet your ass i will be counting. Also informed the dealer to keep all parts that come off because i want to keep them....good luck on your repair.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
What the hell ever happened to do it right and follow the instructions? Demand perfection...it's your $$$.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
What the hell ever happened to do it right and follow the instructions? Demand perfection...it's your $$$.
Some people i guess were never hooked on Phonix's...lol
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I can still have it done that way if I request it. Do you think it looks better that way or to have them cut the chrome?
To be honest, very few will notice the difference if you put the covers on but I think you have to cut or remove the original tips for it to fit I just wanted it to be exactly as GM intended.