Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #43
duraclean
Ford

Drives: inf Orange Gray Stripe 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightchevelle69 View Post
i know, but when someone asks how much hp it has, it sounds better to say 426 instead of 400! and i love to go through the gears!
so you do have the A6?
duraclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #44
duraclean
Ford

Drives: inf Orange Gray Stripe 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 RS View Post
Sports cars should always be manual. Manual is a lot more fun. My wife and I can both drive manual and mosts of all it was $1,700.00 cheaper.
actually 1800
duraclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #45
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
auto.
it's a v6
and i knew if i had gotten stick
the whole control thingy would of gone to my head and probably been in a comma by now cus i would of crashed or worse.

and im not really good at manual either and i didn't want to screw up the trans.

it'll be manual when i put a bigger engine in it
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #46
Vicny

Drives: 1SS Rally Yellow
For me, I hate when the autos shift at times...I want the control. I did not try a Camaro with auto, so I can't say that this is really an issue or not...but I've had enough experience with V6 autos that I didn't even consider it. I just wanted the V8 and miss the manual control...so that's what I went with.

That being said, if you are doing a lot of stop and go, the manual shifting gets old fast...so do what is best for your situation. Don't worry about the extra hp loss with the auto....both engines have plenty of get up and go and you won't be disappointed.
Vicny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #47
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzion View Post
I bought mine in auto
But now as I look back on it.. It seems i've lost alot of speed.. etc etc etc.. but I want to race but afraid i'll get owned by someone in manual.

Your reason?
I orginally owned a 1969 Camaro I purchased in 1979 when I joined the Marines and was stationed in J'ville NC. I built the motor myself, a 350 4blt main, 041 heads, 68cc combustion chambers, ported and polished, balanced, steel crank, 10.5:1 compression ratio. M22 Rock Crusher 4 spd. 3:42 gears, posi rear. IMHO the camaro is just like the vette, it is a MUSCLE CAR> made to be driven hard and fast. It looks good, goes fast, turns heads, and mostly, it was mine.

Why a manual, it just goes with the image of a sports car. Don't get me wrong, autos are great too, especially if that is what you want. When the vast majority of people hear "Sports Car, they think of power, handling, and stick shift. It just goes with the territory.

Just my view for what it is worth!! :flag2: :5thgenvert:
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #48
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
I like to shift and it gives me a good reason to not answer the phone.
Exactly. Personally, to me driving is not a chore and I love every minute of it so not having to answer the phone is a good break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Long story. Lets put it this was. My wife can not drive a stick... So I bought the LS3.
As sad as this is, same here! I tried to teach my wife in my Formula and she just cried.

For me choosing the manual is easy. Until GM has a dual clutch auto then I wont even bother looking at them.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #49
Camaro gal
is happy to be home :)

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
ha originally wanted an auto, then i changed my mind last minute and went with the manual. Even though i had some crying breakdowns the first week or two...ok the first month, I LOVE driving it now Plus i like being able to say i can drive a manual especially when guys look at my car lmao!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #50
MercsOwnz

Drives: Soon to have 2LT/RS
I have a question about the automatic. I am getting the car in a few months (2LT/RS) and I have never driven a manuel before, so I was wondering if it costs extra to get it in automatic?

On an unrelated note, can anybody tell me what kind of rims the RS package comes with? I can't exactly tell from the Chevy site and they look black on there... I'm sure they are just aluminum though. Thanks for the help!
MercsOwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #51
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post
I have a question about the automatic. I am getting the car in a few months (2LT/RS) and I have never driven a manuel before, so I was wondering if it costs extra to get it in automatic?
Yes it does cost more, an additional $1,185 to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post
On an unrelated note, can anybody tell me what kind of rims the RS package comes with? I can't exactly tell from the Chevy site and they look black on there... I'm sure they are just aluminum though. Thanks for the help!
When you ad the RS package you get "midnight silver" rims which are kind of a grey metallic and nothing like the website shows.

daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #52
MercsOwnz

Drives: Soon to have 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
Yes it does cost more, an additional $1,185 to be exact.

When you ad the RS package you get "midnight silver" rims which are kind of a grey metallic and nothing like the website shows.
Thanks for the help.
MercsOwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #53
d4rk1nz

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT/RS
I wish I knew how to drive manual.... Can't teach myself as I don't have a car that is stick!!! Noone will teach me, maybe it's because I'm Asian. HAHAHA... Someone teach me ^_^
d4rk1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:06 AM   #54
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Tell that to Ferrari (no manual option at all in the upcoming 458)
Lamborghini also is all auto. Weird.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #55
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I am getting a manual because
1) I think it will be easier to sell (at least the SS) because it is a performance/muscle car and people usually want a stick when it comes to these kind of cars
2) I think it will be more fun to drive (except for in california traffic haha)
3) Autos costs more, so I would rather spend that money on some mods

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net

Last edited by TaylorRyanSS; 02-06-2010 at 04:30 AM.
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #56
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
More consistant at the track or not, I feel a sports cars should be stick. Just my own opinion. I like the fun factor of a stick. My last vette was a auto for my wifes sake and I hated it. Though, I will say it ran real good at the strip.

Last edited by newagemuscle; 02-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote