Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Jak....just curious, but have you taken any vids of the car since the SC was installed? ....or any that wouldn't be taken down from here due to "street" activities? lol
Lol. Yeah I have but I'm not sure if I dare post them lol. Let me get my car squared away and I'll post some vids that will pass muster.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Lol That's not the info I got from Jessie back in Dec. since he's no longer with IPF, we'll prolly never know. You're probably correct on this.
I was getting weird information till I started talking to Arno directly, he has been very helpful. I asked him if he disabled the rear o2 sensors and here was his response:

Quote:
Of course I did !

Because normally you get a error code from the rear lambda sensor heater is getting too hot with the power of the supercharger !
I've been driving almost a month with my drivers side rear o2 sensor hooked to nothing, no problems. Only problem I have right now is the stalling from coasting to a stop, but that is an tune issue that we almost have fixed 100% (only 90% fixed now, still will stall in extreme conditions).
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I was getting weird information till I started talking to Arno directly, he has been very helpful. I asked him if he disabled the rear o2 sensors and here was his response:

I've been driving almost a month with my drivers side rear o2 sensor hooked to nothing, no problems. Only problem I have right now is the stalling from coasting to a stop, but that is an tune issue that we almost have fixed 100% (only 90% fixed now, still will stall in extreme conditions).
Cool thanks for sharing that info. All of my stalling issues went away when I removed the Black Ice. Sold it to a CTS guy on the Cadillac forums. Haven't heard from him since so I guess no news is good news.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Welcome back bud.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Welcome back bud.
Thank you. It's good to be back.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Cool thanks for sharing that info. All of my stalling issues went away when I removed the Black Ice. Sold it to a CTS guy on the Cadillac forums. Haven't heard from him since so I guess no news is good news.
Left off the Black Ice, but ported IM is back on.

Was gonna go cooler on new plugs, but when I pulled'em decided cooler might not be a good idea. Never seen plugs with rust colored deposits- anyone ? S just threw in another set of stock ones (car is running fine, if it ain't broke don't fix it!)

To be clear, all 6 plugs looked like the one on the left, the other is a newer set I had with about 2K NA miles on them.

I'm going to see how many people think the red thing under the hood is the supercharger when they ask to see it!

Guess we'll see- thanks for your input SIXJAK.
Attached Images

Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I can't remember ever seeing plugs like that before, either.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Left off the Black Ice, but ported IM is back on.

Was gonna go cooler on new plugs, but when I pulled'em decided cooler might not be a good idea. Never seen plugs with rust colored deposits- anyone ? S just threw in another set of stock ones (car is running fine, if it ain't broke don't fix it!)

To be clear, all 6 plugs looked like the one on the left, the other is a newer set I had with about 2K NA miles on them.

I'm going to see how many people think the red thing under the hood is the supercharger when they ask to see it!

Guess we'll see- thanks for your input SIXJAK.
Okay, ypu have a problem. I have never seen a plug like that in my life. Do you have a meth kit? If so quit adding so much water...seriously, take those plugs to a performance shop and ask them what they think is going on. That can not be good.

Sent from my note 10.1
Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
MagnumForceGB

My stock plugs looked like that, I switched to Denso. I'll post a picture tonight.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #24
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Are they the same heat rating?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #25
Ventmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Okay, ypu have a problem. I have never seen a plug like that in my life. Do you have a meth kit? If so quit adding so much water...seriously, take those plugs to a performance shop and ask them what they think is going on. That can not be good.

Sent from my note 10.1
And yet the car has been running fine...
I'm about to restart with the new set (stock plugs- AC Delco 0.035 gap) and see if anything changes.

No meth kit, no coolant loss, no oil use. I'm hoping maybe the initial tune was way off the map, colored the plugs, and now it's in operating range.

Well I can hope, can't I?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #26
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
Judging from this chart, they look worn to me.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

You can send some pics to customer service at sparkplugs.com too.
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #27
Ventmaster

Car started right and ran clean. No CEL's (before or after). I dunno, just hope it's some fluke.

You say yours looked similar Magnum? Any chance you plan to pull a Denso and see how it's looking?

If nothing blows up, I'll prolly drive a while and then yank a couple and see if they differ.

Only other thing I can think of is I've been adding a quart of Torco per tank full for octane insurance.

Here's the full line up:

I hit #2 and #6 with some spray TB cleaner but saw it was not gonna help.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #28
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Car started right and ran clean. No CEL's (before or after). I dunno, just hope it's some fluke.

You say yours looked similar Magnum? Any chance you plan to pull a Denso and see how it's looking?

If nothing blows up, I'll prolly drive a while and then yank a couple and see if they differ.

Only other thing I can think of is I've been adding a quart of Torco per tank full for octane insurance.

Here's the full line up:

I hit #2 and #6 with some spray TB cleaner but saw it was not gonna help.
Yeah, mine looked about the same as yours. My Denso's have only been on for a few hundred miles so far, will check them next week when I change my oil. The Autolites I had looked better than the stock ones though, might be because of the heat range.