Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Silver Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Silver Blk Stripes
Anyone have this problem with their factory radio

My radio display seems to have blotches in it behind the outer layer of the display. They are not scratches on the outer surface that some have talked about putting the clear film over. It looks clear in some areas and milky in others. I have seen displays fade like this but only after many years.
Silver Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Non problems like that hear. Maybe a defect. Ask your dealer about it. Maybe het cha new radio.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
NikeMike2SS/RS

Drives: VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bumble Bee View Post
My radio display seems to have blotches in it behind the outer layer of the display. They are not scratches on the outer surface that some have talked about putting the clear film over. It looks clear in some areas and milky in others. I have seen displays fade like this but only after many years.
I saw the thread while searching for the same issue, did you get your's relsoved.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Wasn't there some issue with condensation from the AC collecting under the radio display? It seems like I remember reading someting about that. Try searching using the advance search looking for key words just in the title (starting in the audio section of the forum of course).

Here are 2 threads I found:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...display+cloudy

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...display+cloudy