Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #43
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I spent hours going over the options and specs page. I wrote every option down that I wanted and called my local dealership up and went in to place my order. It helps knowing the owner and one of the better salesman they have to help with this. Four months later Oct 09 my car arrived on a rainy morning. I had a message come through the night before saying the car was leaving Dearborn Michigan that night and should arrive at dealer the next morning. My wife works in this county where dealer is so I had her drive by on the way to work. She called and said there is a black 2SS with silver stripes but she wasn't sure if it was mine. Me, "I say check the vin", I knew it by heart. Sure enough it was mine. The owner had two offers to buy the car before I could get there and pick it up. Going on four years later I still love getting behind the wheel of this car, so much fun to drive. This is my fourth Camaro I've owned and probably my favorite so far.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #44
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Both cars have there advantages, I have owned both, actually many corvettes. Here is my short story, had a 07' TT corvette widebody coupe, wife wanted a Camaro, bought her a 10' when they first came out, beautiful white with orange stripes. My job took a turn so we sold both cars in late 2010. Fast forward to the announcement of the ZL1, I ran to my favorite Chevy shop, they had allocation of 5, I put down $$, ordered a cyber grey. 1 month later I had a change of heart, went in & bought a 2012 Grand sport vette, awesome car. Now about a week ago my sales guy calls & says they got in this beautiful CRM 2012 ZL1 with only 2,300 miles, he knew my wife had been waiting to get another Camaro! I go up there & end up trading the vette on a NEW 2013 Black ZL1. As I said, both cars are fantastic but I gotta say this ZL1 would have beat up on the grand Sport. Anyway, glad to be back. Ken.
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Once I decided on the Camaro, I took my time and researched it. I even went to GM's website and built one with everything I wanted. Then I searched and found the exact one about 400 miles from where I lived. It was worth the trip...

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #46
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I spent a year looking at cars before I decided on what I wanted. However, I knew that buying used was going to limit me a bit. However, when it came to this Camaro, the only thing it is missing is the color. I really wanted an IOM with the matching interior, but I wanted the gfx package and the 21" rims. However, all the ones I found were missing other options. When I found this one, it had everything else except the color, so I went with it.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
2010summit

Drives: 2010 RS/SS 2
I've owned 3 corvettes 4 th 5 th and 6 th gen. I love everything about them except the way I have to gt into them. I have a bad hip that needs to be replaced so getting into the c6 became painful. When the 2010 ss came out I was a little skeptical of them, but my wife loved them. When I could not take the pain anymore I found a 2010 2ss/rs a traded my baby in. At first in was not in love with it cause the vette was so much quicker and tighter after owning it for a few years I love the car. I will own another vette after I get my hip replaced but I will keep the camaro I love that car.
2010summit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #48
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
I have always wanted a V8 camaro - I bought a V8 camaro. No settling necessary
quoted for the mf truth

I've been a chevy / camaro fan since before I was old enough to drive. When I graduated high school, my dad gave me an '83 z28, and the love was set. For car guys, there are 3 that will always stand out, Your first car, your favorite car, and your dream car. A camaro fits all three categories for me.

First was an 83 that was anything but stock
Favorite would have to be my current 2013 ss
Dream would either be my current car, or the new z/28. I like the body of the '10-'13, but new Z/28 is just practically, and i mean almost exactly, the way I was wanting to build my car.
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #49
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
I got what I wanted for the pricing area I had.

My first pick was a Lexus IS-F, but the up front cost for a new one was a bit much for me currently (was 24 at the Camaro's purchase).

My hope is in a few years to pick up a new Lexus, at which point I'll let the camaro go. Then I'll have the car I wanted. Then I can start saving for a GT-R, which is my dream car.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #50
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010summit View Post
I've owned 3 corvettes 4 th 5 th and 6 th gen. I love everything about them except the way I have to gt into them. I have a bad hip that needs to be replaced so getting into the c6 became painful. When the 2010 ss came out I was a little skeptical of them, but my wife loved them. When I could not take the pain anymore I found a 2010 2ss/rs a traded my baby in. At first in was not in love with it cause the vette was so much quicker and tighter after owning it for a few years I love the car. I will own another vette after I get my hip replaced but I will keep the camaro I love that car.
Hello 2010summit,

Terribly sorry to learn of the pain you endure with your hip. I do wish a speedy repair and recovery for you. Not to worry, we will be here when your 100% ready to enjoy the Corvette again in full comfort! Until then, we are confident you will love the Camaro, it definitely has its own unique feel.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #51
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Yeah, I got exactly what I wanted. Then I came to the forum and found lots of new stuff I want!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #52
themonarch

Drives: 13' 2ls IOM black stripe
i always wanted a camaro sounds corny but transformers won my heart test drove it loved it was my dream car and my graduation iom 2ls with black stripes

i am just fortunate to have my camaro took my parents out to dinner and everything it is a dream come true i had to work for it i couldn't just go buy one i didn't want a v8 "**** you don't want a v8 no because i live in city hardly get on highway and cops live all around me in residence so i don't need a v8 to go 40-60 mph
themonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #53
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I got what I wanted and am very happy with it
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #54
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by camone View Post
I recently had a "heated conversation" with a "semi friend" about my buying my car last year. He couldn't understand why I bought a Camaro if I could've had a Corvette. I was fortunate to be in the position to buy pretty much any car GM,Ford or Dodge made. I had the cash,it was just a matter of choice. I DX cars for several dealers and had driven just about everything out there. Sure....I would be happy with a ZL1,ZR1,or something along those lines,but being 61 with some medical issues,I don't think I have the stamina or reflexes to really enjoy something like that,and if I had one of those cars I'm pretty sure I'd try[who wouldn't?]. That conversation got me wondering....who got their car because it was really what you wanted,and who settled for something else???
Let him go
The semi friend there is , or tell him that , ,,,,it's my money , and I spend the way I want , now , go and do the same !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #55
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Considering I am a car enthusiast and like all types of cars, I will probably never ever be satisfied and will always crave more. That being said, I definitely did get what I wanted in a Camaro. It is one hell of a car that I hope to hang onto for years and years to come!
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #56
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
yes....Chevy promised and delivered...3 days in and I'm extremely impressed. My other car is a BMW 328 Coupe, as I get one as part of my retirement package from corporate BMW for 24 years. The BMW does one thing, the camaro another. They peacefully coexist in my house.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote