Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Dealers having problems with ordering system today????

So these guys at the dealership are talking about problems with the ordering system......anyone else heard about any issues with submitting orders today? I told them they should call the damn hotline and get it figured out or have GM take the order over the phone to get it in the system. Man I hate living in a small town :(

They told me this after talking to the owner who is on vacation. They said the owner was back in on Monday and it wouldn't matter when my order got put in since they won't get submitted for production until later in the year anyway Is it true that it doesn't matter how soon you "pre-order" it, since the true order submissions don't happen until later?
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
So these guys at the dealership are talking about problems with the ordering system......anyone else heard about any issues with submitting orders today? I told them they should call the damn hotline and get it figured out or have GM take the order over the phone to get it in the system. Man I hate living in a small town :(

They told me this after talking to the owner who is on vacation. They said the owner was back in on Monday and it wouldn't matter when my order got put in since they won't get submitted for production until later in the year anyway Is it true that it doesn't matter how soon you "pre-order" it, since the true order submissions don't happen until later?
I think it won't matter if your order goes in next week as long as your the first on their list if your fourth to go in and they are only getting 3 it could make a huge difference.
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
They don't officially go into order until probably 1-2 weeks before production. The ordering that is going on right now is being accepted by GM to show whose ordering and what options they are ordering to prepare. The only thing I would be worried about is my place in line at the dealership you could be 1st or last by time your guy returns...but then again, your position in line may not matter at all if certain cars are built before others.
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
JMAN311

I'm the first and only one so far. They didn't know about any of the ordering/pricing until I went in on Monday and told them. Guess I won't worry about it then. As long as they get their stuff together before the end of the year I should be fine. Thanks for the confirmation
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
SimC33

No problem...if your the one that went in there and told THEM that you could order a camaro...id make it VERY clear that I should be first to order...And as for getting it in to GM in time, your safe.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
477 dealers had issues. They can order tomorrow 4/15 - the issue has been resolved.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
477 dealers had issues. They can order tomorrow 4/15 - the issue has been resolved.
Well there ya go, problem solved!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
JMAN311

Scotty to the rescue!!! Thanks....I was getting worried that the owner promised his buddies a car, didn't realize he could order them yet, so was just feeding me a line so they could get my spot, lol

They said once they get it ordered they will work up a purchase agreement so I hope that will be enough to cover me from them trying to sell it out from under me when the car arrives.