Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Drives: 2013 1LE
"Service Tire Monitor System"

...I've read other complaints. I got this DIC alert on the way home this afternoon. 11K mi... box stock. NO window tint.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Same thing happen to my wife 13 she has about the same mileage turned out to be a bad tire sensor
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Curious as to whether the pressure readouts on the dic were accurate when the tire monitor system alert came on.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
...I've read other complaints. I got this DIC alert on the way home this afternoon. 11K mi... box stock. NO window tint.
Sorry to read about the concerns with your DIC alert. I can understand how concerning this matter would be. Have you considered an official GM diagnosis? If so, I'd be happy to play a role in that process! Feel free to send me a private message.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #5
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Thank you, sir. Just heading home on a smooth, curvy mountain backroad, no sweat. Immediately checked pressures; 35 F 35, -- R --. I thumped the rear tires when I got home. Pretty certain they were both 35 too. I'm pretty "anal" about that...
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Every make and every model of every country has always had lots of TPMS problems. Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Chevys, Fords, Chryslers, Mercedes, BMWs, VWs, they all come into my shop and they all have an equal amount of tire pressure monitor system problems.

Kind of a pointless system, I check my tire pressure once a week anyway.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
Y2J
Return of the #3

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99 2SS/RS
I get that alert every drive. Dealer replaced sensors, relearned computer to tires and still receive the alert. Most likely my Foose wheels I believe causing it.
Current Performance Mods: APEX Catch Can, APEX Cool Air Intake Scoop with Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit, ARH 2" Long Tube Headers Long System, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, CAI Cool Air Intake, SLP Loud Mouth Axel-back Exhaust, VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Cosmetic Mods: ACS Z28 Inspired Rear Spoiler Satin Black, Anzo Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels, Casper Electronics Sequential Turn Signal Kit, Factory Reproduction Style 41 ZL1 Gloss Black Rims, JDP Red Front Tow Hook, Sparks Restorations Black on Black SS Trunk Emblem, ZL1 Addons Front Rock Guards
Y2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

...I've been lucky with my Chevrolets. I buy 'em new, keep 'em fairly stock and repeat the process every three to four years. I just had to think really hard to recall the last time I had to take one back to the dealer. I believe it was '01 for a five minute 4X4 switch change on a '00 Z71... I'll take it!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Thank you, sir. Just heading home on a smooth, curvy mountain backroad, no sweat. Immediately checked pressures; 35 F 35, -- R --. I thumped the rear tires when I got home. Pretty certain they were both 35 too. I'm pretty "anal" about that...
No problem,

Definitely keep us updated and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
Mine come on every once in a while. Sometimes one wheel will be offline, sometimes two, etc. The message usually goes off though and all four will read correctly. Kind of sucks for a new car to have these issues.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #11
BluSniper

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT
I had the same alert come on during a drive form VA to PA about a month ago. It began with only 1 being out then 2, then 4 then back to only two. After driving for about 45 minutes they all magically fixed themselves. It hasn't come back on for me since then. My father and I joked that it was because it was a full moon and Friday the 13th.
BluSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

I had a case of champagne and a 20X30 AC filter in the trunk when this happened. I'm really wondering about the 20X30 filter. No problems since...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
been a problem with the batteries in the sensors with these, if there is a lot of moisture in the air your using to air up tires over time can cause issues, if you run tires slightly low the light may come on and go off once the tire heats up raising the pressure. a whole lot of different things possible have someone take a look, I personally don't know how people can drive a car not knowing for sure whats going on with it.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote