Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #99
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
Ok!
Dude - Numbers game refers to cubic inches not HP. The LS engine is impressive regardless of 500 or 1200hp.

1000hp seems like a lot but any real LS engine builder knows with forced induction it is "dare I say" easy - or mostly easy

http://www.gmsvideos.com/video/6197

this link speaks for itself
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #100
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
...We have also built 427s with power adders which have put out 1200hp to the rear wheels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
...But, since you are into numbers, here are a few to ponder. At the annual Supercar Reunion Labor Day, there were a half dozen or so Nickey built 2010 Camaros at the track, including 427NA, turbo, supercharged, turbocharged, Procharger and stock with a mild tune. And not only did they race, they were driven to and from the track, some driven the 200 mile trip from Chicago to Collinsville.

At the recent MCACN show, there were 8-10 Nickey equipped 2010 Camaros there, from 6 cylinder to twin turbo, Procherger, 427NA, the Pedders track car, etc. Most driven from the shop to the show.
I have a couple of questions for either one or both of you guys since it seems to be the achilles heel of the 2010 Camaro. With the number of Camaros you have already put together, I bet you ran into these "limitations". These questions deal specifically with whichever was the highest HP car(s) you have put together. If you do not wish to publicize the info, I understand. Please just PM me.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

1) What automatic transmission are you running in these ? (e.g. a modified version of the 6L80E or the 4L80E) Are they all the same or have you tried different ones. If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did?

2) What rearend/differential/axles/driveshaft are you using? Once again, If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did?

3) What tires are you running? e.g. street tread, drag radial or slicks ?

4) Have you broken any driveline parts that have been upgraded ?

Basically, I am trying to find the best solution to a drivetrain that can handle power like the 1,200+ hp Camaros you guys have built.

Thanks Again.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #101
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I have a couple of questions for either one or both of you guys since it seems to be the achilles heel of the 2010 Camaro. With the number of Camaros you have already put together, I bet you ran into these "limitations". These questions deal specifically with whichever was the highest HP car(s) you have put together. If you do not wish to publicize the info, I understand. Please just PM me.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

1) What automatic transmission are you running in these ? (e.g. a modified version of the 6L80E or the 4L80E) Are they all the same or have you tried different ones. If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did?

2) What rearend/differential/axles/driveshaft are you using? Once again, If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did?

3) What tires are you running? e.g. street tread, drag radial or slicks ?

4) Have you broken any driveline parts that have been upgraded ?

Basically, I am trying to find the best solution to a drivetrain that can handle power like the 1,200+ hp Camaros you guys have built.

Thanks Again.
How much strip use will your car see?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #102
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
How much strip use will your car see?

Quite a bit. The trick is it will also be run in events like the Silver State Classic Challenge/Maxton Mile. I do have items like a Ford 9" IRS on the table, but it is a very pricey alternative. I thought about straight axle, but the appeal of the IRS for dual purpose is strong. I am really trying to make a versatile drag/open road/street car.

Granted, it's a different platform, but there are Vipers and Corvette's with IRS's that are running 8's in the 1/4.

I know you do a ton with your suspension, any interest or contacts for the rest of the drivetrain? Thanks !
Old 12-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #103
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:

1) What automatic transmission are you running in these ? (e.g. a modified version of the 6L80E or the 4L80E) Are they all the same or have you tried different ones. If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did? .
I have an automatic and have had no problem with 650 to the rear but agreeably it flairs once in a while with repeated beatings and trans temp increases. TCI can make your trans bullet proof. Most bash me when I say that because everyone says they are just a big old commercial company and have lost the real customers point of view – I do not agree – they rock and will take care of you – call direct. Rossler can also make a bullet proof transmission

Quote:

2) What rear-end/differential/axles/driveshaft are you using? Once again, if you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did? .
I have not broken mine yet so I do not know the limit. We have shipped several 1100 eng hp motor to Australia for the super car shoot outs and drift competitions and everyone seems OK with the diffs. As for the drift shafts – we offer upgrades to the customers that bring their cars in but have never really entertained selling that technology – I guess I should offer half shaft upgrades.

Quote:

3) What tires are you running? e.g. street tread, drag radial or slicks?
I have tried them al but the jury is our on duration of parts – I would say based on the Ausy abuse the diffs will be ok for a while – if you really want a daily / drive it like it is stolen rear end / We are shortly offering a 9” upgrade that still has the IRS and a solid live Axle up grade by March
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #104
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I have an automatic and have had no problem with 650 to the rear but agreeably it flairs once in a while with repeated beatings and trans temp increases. TCI can make your trans bullet proof. Most bash me when I say that because everyone says they are just a big old commercial company and have lost the real customers point of view – I do not agree – they rock and will take care of you – call direct. Rossler can also make a bullet proof transmission

I have not broken mine yet so I do not know the limit. We have shipped several 1100 eng hp motor to Australia for the super car shoot outs and drift competitions and everyone seems OK with the diffs. As for the drift shafts – we offer upgrades to the customers that bring their cars in but have never really entertained selling that technology – I guess I should offer half shaft upgrades.

I have tried them al but the jury is our on duration of parts – I would say based on the Ausy abuse the diffs will be ok for a while – if you really want a daily / drive it like it is stolen rear end / We are shortly offering a 9” upgrade that still has the IRS and a solid live Axle up grade by March

Thank You for the in-depth answers. I will PM you with some details Don't want to keep hi-jacking this thread.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #105
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thank You for the in-depth answers. I will PM you with some details Don't want to keep hi-jacking this thread.
Already replied to that as well - Good Night
Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #106
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Nickey FLP-TT build.

http://flp-motorsports.com/flpgaller...80x960.jpg.php
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #107
JusticePete

Quote:
Stefano, Looks good. Any chance you have a Photoshop of your hood and the new Heritage Grille you could post?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #108
NicKey

Photoshop? I can bearly use a computer! We can have them painted and installed in no time.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #109
JusticePete

Quote:
Photoshop? I can bearly use a computer! We can have them painted and installed in no time.
We'll skip the photoshop and just do it.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #110
JusticePete

Nickey Hood and Heritage Grille

The hood arrived in very good condition well crated, complete with hardware. The under hood ducting and finish are excellent. It took longer to get out of the crate than it did to bolt and adjust on the car. Being a suspension guy, fitting a hood was a new experience and much easier than I thought it would be. Two people holding the hood helps too.

It will go to paint on Friday along with the GM Heritage Grille. We are altering the under hood duct a bit to have it dump fresh air to the ProCharger. It wouldn't be my hood is we didn't tweak it just a bit.

Thank you for the EXCELLANT service. We'll post more pictures as we complete the work.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #111
NicKey

Come see Justice Pete's Pedders Nickeyized Camaro at the Race and performane expo in St Charles, Il March 6-7th,
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #112
NicKey

The FLP TT Stage III 427 Prototype gets some wheels and tires. While Nickey FLP TT #10001 gets ready for Camaro5fest!
Attached Images