Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Day of the HOG MDA Event - **Pic Heavy**

Every year my company participates in fundraising for the MDA. We hold a car/bike gathering at our corporate HQ, then caravan to a local Harley-Davidson dealer that hosts a big event called, "Day of the HOG", in support of the MDA.

Our photographer caught some great shots. The young man in the convertible is Derek. He was the person that inspired us to start this annual employer event. He's really into the 5th-gen Camaro, and is just an all-around great kid who is a car enthusiast. He has MS, and unfortunately it's getting worse each year. He is doing graphic design, and I plan to have him do a car show spec sign for me.

These types of events are easy to put together, and a lot of fun if you have fellow employees that are into cars or bikes. It's very rewarding, and I encourage people to look into this with their employer. Good stuff.

So, here are some pics from the event. We had three 5th-gens there: my boss's 2013 ZL-1, a loaner from a participating dealer for Derek and his Dad, and my own car. I'm wearing the (Rally?) yellow Harley shirt, and enjoyed the day with my lovely lady. Enjoy.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Pitboss

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS
Good deal!!! I always try to support the MDA as it is something 'close to home' for me... Family member was recently diagnosed with MD (FSHMD)...
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
MikeC5
Nomad

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Great pics, your TF3 is AWSOME!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitboss View Post
Good deal!!! I always try to support the MDA as it is something 'close to home' for me... Family member was recently diagnosed with MD (FSHMD)...
Agreed. My friend's wife was recently diagnosed with MS. It's much more common than people think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC5 View Post
Great pics, your TF3 is AWSOME!!!!
Thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Great pics and glad to see that there are still good people out there doing events for such a honorable cause!