Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #435
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 131 SS View Post
I have court on Thursday so unless it gets canceled I doubt I will even get on the road until after 4.

Are you SF as well?

Mike
That will most likely not work since it will take a while to do the electrical for markers.

Don't want to be rushed on your car. Give me a call this eve.

SF - Nope I am a medical guy but work in the same branch with a few senior SFS in the AFMC Inspector Generals Office.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #436
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Yes, I've got it all in the box. I'll trade you for a tupperware container.
Sounds good. How about Friday Eve at KMart. Looks liek J and maybe D will be up.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #437
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Sounds good. How about Friday Eve at KMart. Looks liek J and maybe D will be up.
I can't do Friday as I've got other plans.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #438
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
I can't do Friday as I've got other plans.
NP, another day then. How about when your mirrors come in and I can come over to help.

I have a short trip from 7-11 June but will then be around I thik until like august.

Let me know if your mirrors come in before then and I will come down. I may be calling tomorrow eve. My LEDs are due to be delivered tomorrow. Maybe today. But just want to confirm the access and how they come out. Pulled into the fender or through teh fender from teh outside.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #439
flarida

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Left at the shop
- 2 blue folding chairs
The chairs are mine. I can pick them up next time if you don't mind holding on to them
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #440
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Let me know if your mirrors come in before then and I will come down. I may be calling tomorrow eve. My LEDs are due to be delivered tomorrow. Maybe today. But just want to confirm the access and how they come out. Pulled into the fender or through teh fender from teh outside.
I find it odd that AAC doesn't put installation instructions in with all their products. Check out post 626 in this thread for their instructions.

For both the front and rear markers, I removed the inner fender fasteners from the bottom up to the height of the markers. Then I used a screwdriver to press on the clip that holds the markers in. The last pic in the AAC post 626 shows a close up of the clip. My rear marker wiring harnesses had very little slack to work with.

I'm sure you can install these pretty easy.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #441
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
Quote:
Left at the shop
- 2 blue folding chairs
- 3 qts transmission fluid
- set of screwdriver bits
- too much food
and don't forget about the green cell phone and magazine...it was fun driving from Columbus to Jamestown twice on Sunday

and thanks for hanging out until we came back to get it. Oh and thank Ron again for letting us use his shop. Linda and I had fun seeing everyone and getting cooled off while we picked up the food.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #442
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
The tranny fluid is SilverIceMans. It may belong to the shop now for the next time...
That was left for the host. A couple of more quarts and you can void your warranty too!
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #443
tailspin

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 1LT
Thanks to all of the awesome cars at Mod Day 2, I will be getting my mods alot sooner than I had planned. Mr. Tailspin stayed up last night thinking of all the things we can do to my car. I will be ordering my springs and sway bar next week, and within the next few months I will be getting headers, new exhaust, and CAI ( just to name a few). I'm sending my headrest to be embroidered next week. Instead of painting my engine cover and fuse box, I'm getting them wrapped.
He now sees that I'm not the only one "crazy" about my car. Thanks to hrpiii, my list is now computerized with links. It just keeps getting longer and longer.
tailspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #444
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
We have successfully corrupted another Camaro owner. Welcome to the dark side.

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

OldSchoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #445
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
Thanks to all of the awesome cars at Mod Day 2, I will be getting my mods alot sooner than I had planned. Mr. Tailspin stayed up last night thinking of all the things we can do to my car. I will be ordering my springs and sway bar next week, and within the next few months I will be getting headers, new exhaust, and CAI ( just to name a few). I'm sending my headrest to be embroidered next week. Instead of painting my engine cover and fuse box, I'm getting them wrapped.
He now sees that I'm not the only one "crazy" about my car. Thanks to hrpiii, my list is now computerized with links. It just keeps getting longer and longer.
Cool... careful with the full CAI, headers and exhaust treatment on the V6. It will likely require a tune as the car will be getting WAY more airflow and will run poorly if you dont. I also think they (HP tuner software writers) are having a hard time writing a tune for a V6 due to the VVT. Just a heads up. Plus you may not be happy with the sound of the V6 after you do all that. You'd be safe with the CAI and the exhaust but once you remove the manifolds and do headers its really gonna get loud.

As for the springs and sway. GO FOR IT!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #446
tailspin

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 1LT
Thanks!! I will tell Mr. Tailspin. To be honest, I don't even know what headers are . But, I will definitely pass that info on. I'm just glad that he came to the dark side as oldschool said..
tailspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #447
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
Thanks!! I will tell Mr. Tailspin. To be honest, I don't even know what headers are . But, I will definitely pass that info on. I'm just glad that he came to the dark side as oldschool said..
Headers replace your exhaust manifolds. They are just much more free flowing. Thats how power is made, air (in and air out, as much as you can get, as fast as you can get it and as cool as it can be) + fuel (the right amount based on the air coming in, air/fuel ratio). This is where the tune comes in, getting the computer to put the right amount of fuel to it. Making sure it doesnt get too lean or too rich.

I have headers, Darth_Emma has headers and Drew has headers. I don't think there were any others this past weekend that had them but we all have V8s. Tony's IBM and LadyInBlue's Merlin both have exhaust on a V6 and they sounded very good. Merlin also had a CAI. I am betting you wont see much gains in HP/TQ with either... maybe a few. It is really the tune that helps make everything work. Hopefully they can figure it out soon!

Oh... you'd probably be safe with shortie headers if its "must have" without a tune... I was never really sure the point of shorties though... And to be totally honest, i have no idea whats out there mod wise for a V6 beyond CAI and exhaust.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #448
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Tailspin:
Glad our gathering helped with your mod quest. I suggest you do the drop springs and sway bars first. For me, those made a huge difference in how much fun I have driving my car. Springs and sways are a no-brainer in my book.

What jrhaus said about headers and exhaust is sage wisdom.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote