Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I am a complete impulse buyer... I usually never keep a car more than 3 years or so..

I'm not brand loyal... but it will either be a GM, Ford or Chrylser (jeep)...

Do i love my new Camaro... You bet I do!!! But at the end of the day... yeah, it is just a car...
I am the same way. I get new vehicles every 2.5 years or so. I find what suits me best at the time and grab it. I absolutely love the 5th gen, and if I didn't have to buy my new property for my next house, i would have an order number in hand.

Will I keep my car longer than 3 years? Id like to think so as it will be a summer toy only.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
Tal

Drives: Old
Some people just like to get new and different things, and buying a new car the same as their old car just doesn't have the same appeal even if they only had it a few months. With any sporty car there will always be a few that will wish they'd gotten something a bit more practical. Beyond that the human mind can be a funny thing. If you've been in a nasty accident that car can become linked with that event at a subconscious level, which can end up with something else seeming more appealing and of course there's always "The grass is always greener on the other side", people like whatever is new and shiny that they don't have. On the other side there are people that get tied up into brand loyalty and will buy some of the most ridiculous things and even convince themselves it was a good idea just because of some badging. (example: Mustang II)
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am lucky enough to own a first gen and a fifth gen. I have spent the last three years making my 68 into what it is today. The car is a real head turner, not because of any mods but just because it is a 68 RS/SS big block car. My 2010 is also a head turner, just because of what it is also. At this point in time I am lucky enough to own these cars as hobby cars and not my daily drivers. My ex wife owns a Roush stage three Mustang which also is a real head turner. For me I am loyal to the AMERICAN Muscle cars as a whole. If I had unlimted funds I would need a warehouse to keep all the cars I would own in. The one thing that I love the most about this hobby is all of the people I have met over the years who all share the same passion.I dont know if it all about brand loyalty as much as loyalty to the muscle cars as a whole.
Slim2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #18
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I LOVE mine! It'll be mine as long as God lets me stay on this earth!

Right now it's sipping from the trickle charger waiting for spring.

patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
well i say the more they wreck the fewer left the sooner they become rare
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
i never keep a car longer than a year mabey year and a half but i plan to keep this one and once its paid off buy another truck,
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Are you kidding? Just a car?!!!!

I have NEVER been so moved by an automoble before. I absolutely LOVE this car. I am emotional about eveything in this car and then some.

I dont drink the cool aide but I cant get enough of this machine. And yes I miss her bad (until the spring).:(:(
I feel the same way...but it's not realistic to think that everyone will share the same passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
well i say the more they wreck the fewer left the sooner they become rare
yeah, and the more our insurance rates will go up. It's gonna be a loooooooong time before these cars are considered rare.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #22
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I love mine and I am hoping I will keep it longer than I've ever kept a car. I love it cause its my first new car built for me. As well because I have a 7 year 100k mile warranty I think its less likely to piss me off to the point of selling it due to repairs needed.

That said I've never had a car longer than 2 or 3 years, I have a short attention span. And the last time I really "loved" a car was my 87 GN that was stolen, so I still keep my distance. It can be gone poof like that.

If I wrecked it today, or even in the next couple years I'd probably get a new one. But I can't say 100% I would.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Think about it. GM made this one to appeal to the enthusiast and the practical with two different models. GM really broadened it's customer base with the 2010 from excellent marketing. Some of those people who were drawn to it are just finding out the car is not for them. Can't fault them for that at all.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
This kinda reminds me of the last 15yrs when Harleys were crazy high and hard to get. Every yuppie and well-to-do follower had to have one. That drove the prices very high and it was hard to find a dealership that would sell you one at sticker. Sound familiar?

Here we are 15 years later and the fad has passed. Those dealerships are starting to deal on new bikes and the used bikes are getting easy to come by. Now the people that really like the brand and always wanted one can afford them. I would think this will happen with the Camaro brand too.

This will make it easier for real Chevy fans to own them later. Much like the mid 70's and early 80's were with the muscle cars.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
If I had thought it was "only a car" I wouldn't have purchased it. Have driven and still driving my 93 Z for 16 years, plan on keeping the 5th Gen just as long if not longer. I guess for the folks who think of it as just a car, buy something else. I usually keep one for a while when I buy it, especially a Chevy.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
I think everyone is going to have their own opinion about the car. Some people view the Camaro as more than a car, others just another cool vehicle. The point is, that is not what this forum is about. The forum is here for people of any interest to come chat and gather information. Whether someone decides to switch vehicles after a crash or just in general is up to them and in no regards related to any topic on this forum. We definitely do not want people coming on and trolling about other brands just to get attention, but I believe those situations get dealt with swiftly. Just my 2 cents.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #27
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Practicality trumps leisure. especially in these economic times.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
It's just a car
The Camaro is just a car? Do many of you feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
i never keep a car longer than a year mabey year and a half but i plan to keep this one and once its paid off buy another truck,
This is my plan too tho my current Exploder may not go the distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword5 View Post
If I had thought it was "only a car" I wouldn't have purchased it. Have driven and still driving my 93 Z for 16 years, plan on keeping the 5th Gen just as long if not longer. I guess for the folks who think of it as just a car, buy something else. I usually keep one for a while when I buy it, especially a Chevy.
Agreed!!! x eleventy billion

For some it just a car for others... a way of life! Enjoying every second!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #28
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
I am 26, this is my first Camaro. Hoping to keep it as long as I can, not because I think it is worth something, but because I love it that much. Hoping my soon to be son can take it to his high school prom or something... (momma is due in April) Hell who knows he may not even like it, but I thought it would be truely something special if he does.
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote