Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
Youngster

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 1SS
Exhaust options for a leased '15

I recently leased a 2015 camaro SS and although the exhaust is ok, I am really trying to make it better. The car already has wider wheels and is blacked out to the max. It has red interior lighting and I feel that a louder exhaust would complete the feel that I am trying to go for. The only problem is that the car is leased, and I can't permanantly modify the car with non-GM parts. If I do decide to go with something manufactured by GM I can have the dealership order and install it, but I am not sure of what other exhausts that GM may make for the car besides the dual mode exhaust. Another option is to get a cat back exhaust system but do any of you guys know one that won't void my warranty? I could also buy another oem exhaust to bolt onto it and then add straight pipes which would be loud enough, but I would like to know if it would cause anything that would alert the dealership that I had modified the car. I'm still pretty young and so far these are the only options that I have come up with. If you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to explain them to me. Thanks guys
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
I'm not sure about leasing, but I'm pretty sure you will void warranties and will have to pay to return everything back to the way you got it....
Read your lease agreement very carefully.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
iCamaro81

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible L99
Here's what I would do...Keep an eye on the forums and buy a stock SS exhaust (since you just leased it you should have plenty of time to track one down). I have seen them as low as a 100 bucks. Buy electric cut outs and have them installed with the wireless kit. When it comes time to turn it in, just put the stock system you bought back in and sell off the kit. Just my thoughts as I have just installed these on my car and they sound great.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
fastjohnny

He already has the original exhaust, so just get a cat back exhaust and put the original back on when you turn it in, and sell the aftermarket exhaust. As long as you get it back to original the stealership won't care, but if you turn it in with after market exhaust there going to charge you to put it back to stock.
fastjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #5

Drives: Camaro
How about the GM exhaust that doesn't void any warranties.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386485

At the end just throw the factory mufflers back on with some clamps and call it a day.
402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
Synner

Drives: cars
There is no such thing as a catback that voids your warranty. Buy whichever one you want that connects to the factory cats and then find a place to store the original exhaust until its time to turn in the car.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #7

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
There is no such thing as a catback that voids your warranty. Buy whichever one you want that connects to the factory cats and then find a place to store the original exhaust until its time to turn in the car.
Yes there is.
402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #8
Synner

Drives: cars
Lol, k.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #9
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
or buy the car after the lease. just get what ever cat back you like then retune car back to stock if you dont buy it. cat back will not void warranty. You could just get GM Performance mufflers and have the dealer install it then your fine.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:40 AM   #10
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
You could also do a muffler delete. It costs about $100 and sounds good. Save the mufflers for trade in time, then have them welded back in.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #11
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
I would not modify anything leased period! Find an older model you can afford that way it is yours when you finish paying for it.
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
I've leased and modified a nunber of cars. Just put it back to stock before your end of lease. To be honest, even if you left if modified, they wouldn't even know.
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'd recommend against modifying any leased vehicle. You won't get a better deal buying after the lease, so it doesn't make sense to lease with intent to buy. If you have an itch to modify a car, buy it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #14
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Lol, k.
Yeah, just leave it at that. Putting on a cat back doesn't void your warranty through GM. /GM Service Advisor.

Now, with it being a leased vehicle I'm not sure how that will work.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, l99, stock, straightpipe