Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #43
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
is there another company that is more reliable to get the colored halos fog lights etc ?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147129
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #44
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by benradmo View Post
I took the initiative by calling the official number. They don't deserve the effort of me going out of my way to pming some guy that works there.
I will call the official number again to ask about what I will have to do to return their crappy product and get my money back.
I am posting my bad experience on this forum because this is a community and we are supposed to watch out for each other so that this will not happen to someone else.

Don't blame anyone but yourself if you don't go and PM one of the AAC guys on here.

No one wants to hear your sob story.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #45
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Well, I'm looking to buy some halos, so where should i go since aac was one the the only places i knew of?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #46
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroXI View Post
Well, I'm looking to buy some halos, so where should i go since aac was one the the only places i knew of?
Well you could go with the thread posted above, but that'll run you about $500
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #47
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
I don't know, I think I have to agree with the OP. He shouldn't have to PM anyone to get his stuff fixed or returned. The keyword is "shouldn't". If calling them doesn't work, and you do want your refund then sometimes you have to take extra steps to get your cash back.
But you guys shouldn't be defending AAC, they are the ones 100% in the wrong.
From everying I've read on this site alone about AAC, my opinion is they suck as a company. Poor quality products and poor customer service. Those two things I've heard way more than any good experiences.
So he's not bashing them, he's just stating his issues with them and his experience talking directly with them, and the frustration of having to pm some random employee on a car forum to get service. That sucks.
What about those who don't visit this site? Are they just screwed?

expect nothing, but take everything
Old 08-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #48
AntzV

Drives: blacked out 2010 Camaro
Yea calling the company should be the only step you have to take in order to get things done right in the first place, no one should have to call and then send a email (what great customer service they have huh?) But they are always so busy cause of all the recalls and the poor quality products they ship out, if they would worry about quality before quantity they would never have all these complaints, so im with the OP on this one and id be willing to sign a formal complaint
Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #49
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
I agree completely with the op, it's been documented that I don't have many good things to say about aac. I'm on my third set of side markers, and my second set of plasmas drl, I had to pay shipping on ever product, very unprofessional, especially if it's a known issue. Get a full refund and go with showstoppers.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #50
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
really

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
And as part of the community we have made suggestions to you to get your issue resolved. If you don't want to listen to it, then don't bother attacking this company and soiling its name. We told you how the right people to contact are. Man up and contact them.
I have no gripes ,but he did call...simple as that..

btw......who the hell are you????????????????????????

Did somebody pass away and leave you in charge?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #51
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

Don't blame anyone but yourself if you don't go and PM one of the AAC guys on here.

No one wants to hear your sob story.
again, thats what this is for.....

and hes stating his experience.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #52
cactuseater

Drives: .
Oh man, I thought they had this problem fixed already.....
Old 08-20-2011, 02:50 AM   #53
AKA
Go SteeleRS/SS

Drives: '11 SS/RS LS3
The reason I joined this site is exactly this discussion. I have only owned my car for a little while now and I want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff from a reputable company. My first mods where going to be the AAC halos and fogs but I quickly changed my mind. While you guys are defending a company that didn't give you anything you slam them with the I had a problem but!!!! In the next sentence. A good or even decent company wouldn't have all these problems whether they fix them or not. Thanks for the info and keep up with the good discussions. Now where do I get something to replace my ugly yellow fog light bulbs? Ideas
Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #54
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by benradmo View Post
They also sell their crappy products with no installation guides. I had a big issue with that. I am actually going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They can't just keep doing this stuff with no repercussions. PM me if you want to sign a formal complaint. or email me at benradmo@gmail.com.
I had the same issue with halos for avalanche.... bad instructions damaged my light.... called for tech support no help.

I did get a full refund though....

but had to pay for new headlight assembly.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
Old 08-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #55
DJBullitz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I have all AAC lighting around my car and inside and have not had any issues at all. They have step by step instruction guides on their site and on youtube.
They have a video for every product, include a number and email address where you can contact them if your having an issue installing.

Your right you should of been able to get it resolved on the phone. But if a PM would help and get the issued resolved, your really just going to stomp your feet, not send a PM just because it will take a few more minutes of your time?

Hope you dont have any warranty issues on your car. Otherwise you may be stomping your feet alot. It can take phone calls, emails, driving to the dealership to get some warranty work done.

They are not out to screw you and are great people. A lot of people in my camaro club also have aac lights and I'm not aware of any of them having issues either. AAC even sponsers many of our club events. I like their products and will continue to buy them.

Sorry you are having issues.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I had some of the same issues. I bought the led light bar that goes in the front mail slot. I had issues installing it and called them for help. The lady that answered the phone told me she would email me a link that directed me to camaro5 about installation. I was like wtf? Well I got it installed on my own. After installing, the first 5 LEDs stopped working. So I called them back and said they take it back under warranty. They all also said I have to pay for shipping back to them. So I asked for a refund and they said I couldn't get one. So here I am stuck with a $60 light bar that don't work for crap...heck someone even made a thread where they found the same light bars on eBay for half the price. I even posted pics on both to show they were the same product. Well the thread was deleted. My question is who at AAC is blowing at camaro5 to get by with crappy service and products they are allowed to sell here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.

Closed Thread