Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #253
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...the deal is...build it, and they will come...but it's up to them. There is more than enough materials at hand, in house or by addition of OEM contract, to bring it to market.........so we shall bide our time and wait....until that time when the edict comes down from on high...
And then where would we go from there? 7th Gen rumors...

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #254
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...the deal is...build it, and they will come...but it's up to them. There is more than enough materials at hand, in house or by addition of OEM contract, to bring it to market.........so we shall bide our time and wait....until that time when the edict comes down from on high...
There's no motivating factor to build a proper Z/28 anymore. There is no Trans Am racing to put the car in, the Ford BOSS 302 has run it's course and the Camaro is (for now) making plenty of money. Until there is something to push GM to make the Z/28, it won't be made.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #255
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
No push? Ummm how about sales?
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #256
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
There's no motivating factor to build a proper Z/28 anymore. There is no Trans Am racing to put the car in, the Ford BOSS 302 has run it's course and the Camaro is (for now) making plenty of money. Until there is something to push GM to make the Z/28, it won't be made.
I agree with you sort off.

Yes GM should have built it sooner to compete with the BOSS....BUT when the BOSS came out in 2012 it really had no competition either so that argument is invalid IMO.

The push I see is that they will need something to draw people into the Camaro with the 15 Mustang on the horizon. The new mustang is going to be a big deal, ditching retro, IRS its gonna be big. Also that means dealers will be heavily discounting the 14 models they have on lot increasing sales while people are also rushing to be the first with a 15.

GM will need something exciting to draw people back to Camaro, which is the case I see for a Z/28. Only problem I see witha Z/28 is in my opinion it will be way to close to the ZL1 in terms of performance and less price
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #257
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
OSC, at least two points mitigate "something more"...

1) The BOSS may be "dead", post-'13, but I doubt its engine is. The next-Gen Stang is due April 17/14, as a MY '15...which leaves MY '14. I don't believe FoMoCo went to the bother of building a very stout n/a 5.0 just for the MY '12-'13 BOSS. There'll be a current-gen Grand Finale...or is that a GRANDE?...that will house that gem of an engine/drivetrain...

2) Gen-6 Camaro will arrive in the second half of '15 as a MY '16 offering...which leaves TWO FULL MODEL YEARS of Gen-5s to peddle. What better way to get folks into Chevy showrooms to look at Camaros than by offering the RETURN OF THE HUGGER? Done right, with the ZL1 having saturated its market somewhat by this summer/fall, the ZEE can generate sufficient excitement (and number$) to march the Gen-5 through to its summer-'15 conclusion...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #258
Mikes SS

I agree totally, they won't rest on their laurels because they gen5 Camaro has already made its money back..as I have said many times, they still need to seek Camaros for 2 more years before the gen6 comes out and people will be holding onto their wallets prior to the release just to see if it is worth buying now or upgrading later. Putting a Z/28 in the lineup with specific exterior upgrades/enhances and even though i still don't agree with the LS7 in my Z/28, if thats what they choose it will sell cars. Period.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #259
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I agree with you sort off.

Yes GM should have built it sooner to compete with the BOSS....BUT when the BOSS came out in 2012 it really had no competition either so that argument is invalid IMO.

The push I see is that they will need something to draw people into the Camaro with the 15 Mustang on the horizon. The new mustang is going to be a big deal, ditching retro, IRS its gonna be big. Also that means dealers will be heavily discounting the 14 models they have on lot increasing sales while people are also rushing to be the first with a 15.

GM will need something exciting to draw people back to Camaro, which is the case I see for a Z/28. Only problem I see witha Z/28 is in my opinion it will be way to close to the ZL1 in terms of performance and less price
It seems to me that Ford is a lot more willing to do things with the Mustang that GM will do with the Camaro. The LS7 won't see the inside of a Camaro as a factory engine. When the Camaro died in 2002, they didn't drop in the LS6 for a send off. The Camaro is making money right now and it probably will even when the new Mustang is revealed. If GM wanted to build an LS7 Z/28, it would exist by now.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #260
Mikes SS

Debbie Downer!!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #261
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Debbie Downer!!
I'm not being a Debbie Downer. I've been waiting for the Z/28 since I saw the Camaro concept.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #262
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer. I've been waiting for the Z/28 since I saw the Camaro concept.
I've been waiting since the day the concept was unveiled, it's been a very long wait!!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #263
Mikes SS

Yep, agreed! I started saving my pennies after I watched the reveal online...went home showed my wife after work and said "babe, if they make that car, I'm buying one...showed up at the dealer October 13th, 2008 specified my color and options and put down my deposit and have "settled" driving my 2SS until the Z/28 rears its beautiful hips to the world!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #264
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
It seems to me that Ford is a lot more willing to do things with the Mustang that GM will do with the Camaro. The LS7 won't see the inside of a Camaro as a factory engine. When the Camaro died in 2002, they didn't drop in the LS6 for a send off. The Camaro is making money right now and it probably will even when the new Mustang is revealed. If GM wanted to build an LS7 Z/28, it would exist by now.
First comparing GM the way it was run 10 years ago to now it doesn't even look like the same company. They were canceling the Camaro and looking to save money not boost sales. Now, it is almost guaranteed to get the LS7, the only reason it isn't in a camaro now is because they are limited to the number of engines they can build and for some reason they chose the ZO6 to have it. Now the LS7 ZO6 is gone and has no home...which is why GM waited for the Camaro to get one. They had this planned since they started with the ZL1 which was about the same time they released the LS7 concept car.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #265
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I know people who have seen it and they tell me it's coming. Living here in Detroit all my life has some advantages.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #266
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I know people who have seen it and they tell me it's coming. Living here in Detroit all my life has some advantages.
have a insider who says its there waiting to be revealed

:flag1:
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote