Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
doors unlock themselves

Ok so I'm not sure what's going on here but it does it randomly...I'm driving along and I need to quickly slow down so I give it some brake...car starts bunching up and click click, door unlocks the locks again on it's own...well every time it's done it, it was under heavy braking...well it just happened again and it was from a slow roll(10mph) when I was stopping to put the car in reverse to back into a spot...has anyone heard this issue before? Has anyone seen a fix? Please help me
Old 04-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
aquaholic

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
This is a warning: you need to become a better owner. If you don't improve your car will unlock the doors and not relock them, this is the "owner audition" phase where your car will be allowing others in to interview them to become its new owner. If no people of close proximity are found quickly your care will start posting to local "personal" sites looking for a long term loving relationship. If you feel at all confused by this I suggest you seek relationship counseling immediately before it's too late. Mention you heard something about "twin turbos" to save yourself hundreds of hours in counseling fees to get to the root of the issue.
aquaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
The only time mine unlocks (2LS) is when i put the trans in park.

Still under the miles for warranty?
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 AM   #4
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Nice aquaholic...but if it wasn't for all the mods I already do I would believe it lol but as often as I fit her with new things she has no reason to dislike...kinda how wives love diamonds mine loves new mods lol...but no honestly I don't know why at random times it will just unlock then automatically lock again...as if she's trying to play a cruel joke on me and make me shit my pants
Old 04-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
bitinas

Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Well...it's a transformer after all, what do you expect? don't be surprised if it unlocks and opens the door next time
Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #6
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

I shit my pants when I'm in motion and the car starts doing shit I know it shouldn't be doing...you know like unlocking itself lol
Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
I shit my pants when I'm in motion and the car starts doing shit I know it shouldn't be doing...you know like unlocking itself lol

Maybe the car is haunted and a ghost likes to unlock your doors? ...lol
If it were me, I'd be checking the lock switches. It sounds like one of them is shorting out when you hit a bump. Either that, or your key fob is malfunctioning and unlocking your doors. Try leaving the key fob at home and see if it still happens.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
Ok so I'm not sure what's going on here but it does it randomly...I'm driving along and I need to quickly slow down so I give it some brake...car starts bunching up and click click, door unlocks the locks again on it's own...well every time it's done it, it was under heavy braking...well it just happened again and it was from a slow roll(10mph) when I was stopping to put the car in reverse to back into a spot...has anyone heard this issue before? Has anyone seen a fix? Please help me
Never heard of it, but if I were you, I'd use a different flip key just to rule that out. Have you changed your radio bezel in the past? If its not the FOB, then my best guess is that there's a loose or exposed connector that is possibly grounding out and triggering the actuator to unlock while braking.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #9
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
what it actually is is the wire that goes from your doors or console depending on the year and it is going off when you get enough break power probably from abs or perhaps acceleration or both. Look at the wiring loom and see if there were any splices or anything. I can't really think about anything else that would effect it.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #10
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
my bet is it's form a mod that you spliced some wires to get something to work and it's an adverse effect from that. Possibly the same wire that tells when it is in park is someone how connected to the braking wire?

See if you can find a schematic of the wiring and see if any of your mods are tied into the wire related to that wire that tells when it is in park or not.

Otherwise you have something wired that is causing feedback in the wiring.

Any stereo or light kit mods?

Of course this is just a baseless assumption but anything that requires feedback through circuits and wiring can cause either feedback or somehow there is a bare wire now grounding when you brake the car.

now finding where it is will be tricky, have you tried braking while in neutral and the parking brake on to see if it is a hard press of the brake itself causing the issue. Did you install anything that is connected near the brake pedal possibly?

Just some thoughts, good luck on resolution.
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Maybe the car is haunted and a ghost likes to unlock your doors? ...lol
If it were me, I'd be checking the lock switches. It sounds like one of them is shorting out when you hit a bump. Either that, or your key fob is malfunctioning and unlocking your doors. Try leaving the key fob at home and see if it still happens.
You're probably right about switches, or the sensor that unlocks when you put the car into park (assuming its a auto)

but the keyfobs don't do anything when the car is running, at least mine don't.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
My guess is that there is a wire rubbing against metal and is now making contact when large changes in velocity causes it to move. I would check anywhere you have done anything in the doors/console area. If you don't find the problem soon you may end up with a smoldering wreck at some point.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
14camaro2ss

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS/SS crystal red
i have a chevy express work van and it would do the same when i turned right while driving... it ended up being a wire that was rubbed trough on the door harness.
14camaro2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #14
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
Did you have the window open in the rain and the inside of the switch got wet?
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote