Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #15
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Contrary to what others have said, Zaino is the easiest product to use IMO. I've been detailing cars for over 10 years, using Meguires, Mothers, and any number of waxes/polishes, and nothing is easier to use, nor has longer durability, thank Zaino. And it does not matter what color the car is - Zaino works the same on each and every one.

Reading your post, it appears you either;

1. Used too much in the application
2. Did not allow enough time for drying

You can easily rectify this situation. Shoot me a PM, and we'll work it out.

Ed

+10000. I use Zaino on my Black SS with no problems. My first guess was that you put it on WAY too heavy. I can do my entire Camaro with 1/3 of one of those ZFX mixing bottles. If you used more than that, then you used too much. If you used about that much, then it wasn't cured.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Brand New Car and a wax I have never used before????? I think I will stick to Mequires!!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Brand New Car and a wax I have never used before????? I think I will stick to Mequires!!
SIM + Zaino = a shine that Mequires can't touch! 3 coats of Z2 and multiple Z6/Z8 treatments... trust me, toss the mequires!

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
+10000. I use Zaino on my Black SS with no problems. My first guess was that you put it on WAY too heavy. I can do my entire Camaro with 1/3 of one of those ZFX mixing bottles. If you used more than that, then you used too much. If you used about that much, then it wasn't cured.

too much was always my problem. Now I have it under control. I can do my car with 3 coats of Z2 with about 2/3 of a bottle. By the time you get to coat 3, you are using basically no product. It becomes very easy.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #19
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
SIM + Zaino = a shine that Mequires can't touch! 3 coats of Z2 and multiple Z6/Z8 treatments... trust me, toss the mequires!

How many times did you have to wax that thing z4 z5 z6 z7 .......To get it to shine? Just kidding Mine shines too but I keep hearing people haveing troulbe useing this Zaino.I guess I will have to see it to belive it.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

This is how I shine on a cloudy day 1 coat of Mequires....
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #21
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Ah, but the question is...how often do you need to re-apply Mequires to keep the shine there?

I used to use Mequires on my cars and trucks. Looked awesome for a couple of weeks and then started to lose it's shine and water beading ability. I have yet to see that happening with my Zaino after 2 1/2 months.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #22
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Meguire's, as well as Mothers, are both good products.

That being said, IMO, Zaino offers the best durability. Zaino is a little more "involved", ie; it takes a little "practice" to get used to how to use it, but once you've got the process down, its a very easy product to use.

But, use what you prefer. If you're happy with whatever polish it is you've chosen, theres no problem with that.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Ah, but the question is...how often do you need to re-apply Mequires to keep the shine there?

I used to use Mequires on my cars and trucks. Looked awesome for a couple of weeks and then started to lose it's shine and water beading ability. I have yet to see that happening with my Zaino after 2 1/2 months.
Ok I like it.

1 - Zaino
1- Mequires Check out my truck 10 years old liveing outside!! And I goes to the sand storms...Still looks good in the clouds.I wax it maybe 3 times a year.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #24
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Looks good! My process to get the shine was:

Wash, clay, wash, dry, Z2, Z6 spray, Z2, Z6 spray, Z2, Z6 spray, Z8 spray.

Took 2 days but it was worth it. The up keep is a snap and you can not get the car wet. Water just beads and comes right off. Plus, unlike typical waxes, with Zaino being a polish, youcan build up multiple coars. I used the mequires 3 step before but you can not build it up. once its time for a wax, you have to start over. Like Moose said, use what you are happy with. Zaino is by no means the only good product out there but it is one of the best going... once you learn how to use it properly.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #25
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
I think the problem some have with the Zaino is they can't wrap their heads around the different process and think they can apply it like any Wal-Mart branded wax...then run into problems.

Have not yet used the Zaino on my Camaro since I don't have it yet, but have on my wife's Caddy and boy does it make a HUGE improvement.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #26
YELLOW2SS
2010 Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS yellow black stripes
Anyone every used the 5 Star Shine protectant. I put it on my wifes red 06 Monte SS and it looked better than new, its been 3 months now and it still shines better than new, you can not lay a towel on it because it just slides of. Seems like great stuff.
YELLOW2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I have a Black 2SS and followed the Zaino process from the day I brought her home. It's great! 1/3 of the small bottles does the entire car - including the wheels! Only think I don't care for is the Z8 - the car HAS to be cool and it takes extra work to get it off the car. I like the Z6 and just bought a couple more bottles

Car cleans up so easily with the Z6! She actually had hard water spots on her for about 4 days :( She lives outside. With 1 more wash (no more Dawn) the spots came right off! I'm sticking with Zaino!

PS Never used the 5Star products...
PPS Make sure you dampen the wax applicator before putting on the wax. I didn't do this the 1st time and it still came out great!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #28
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I used Zaino for the first time on my Camaro. I had one little problem with water spots but after Ed ( Moose ) helped me out andwe figured out the problem I have had nothing but great use and satisfaction with Zaino.
Attached Images

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote