Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #43
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Put your temp tags back on and you are good to go.
Pardon the ignorance but what are Temp Tags?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #44
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
I think they mean Temporary plate provided by the dealer.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
I think they mean Temporary plate provided by the dealer.
This. Temp tags get you respect in the staging lanes. But two weeks ago a new ZL1 owner did us all one better. He drove directly from the dealer after delivery to the Test and Tune.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #46
Led Boots

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le ashen gray
Break in

According to one of the two engineers who actually designed the 1le package (chassis dynamics and stability) and is the husband of my wife's friend and also owns a 1le, he advised me to break in the car as follows to avoid rear differential whine later:

Drive the car gently, under 3000 rpm with no sudden launches, hard shifts or extreme downshifts for at least 500 miles. Gradually increase rpm to 4,000 max for about another 500 miles. Use the provided oil and follow the maintenance schedule. After 1000 miles the car will be broken in.

You can do what you want, but he developed this model, has driven hundreds of them on the road and on tracks and I believe he knows what he is talking about.
Led Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #47
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
My break in was driving off the dealer lot and taking it on hwy 49 for some mountain twistys. Then off to the highway for some pulls. Already have 2 road course events planned. Have seen the rev limiter more times than I can count. Shift at 4000rpm. In the meantime I wi be doing as much curvy driving as I can fit in. At 1000-1500 miles I will dump the engine oil and diff oil and repeat the process until 5000 miles. After that this car will be properly broken in.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #48
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I drove "swiftly" but not abusive right off the lot. That included pulls on the freeway and close to redline shifts.

The oil was changed at about 800 miles and the car was on a road course, Dyno and drag strip between 1000 and 1300 mile. I now have over 5500 mile on the car, 4 tracks days and many mile of hard driving. There is no smoke and the car does not even sip any oil at all.

To each their own.

Matt
Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #49
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I drove "swiftly" but not abusive right off the lot. That included pulls on the freeway and close to redline shifts.

The oil was changed at about 800 miles and the car was on a road course, Dyno and drag strip between 1000 and 1300 mile. I now have over 5500 mile on the car, 4 tracks days and many mile of hard driving. There is no smoke and the car does not even sip any oil at all.

To each their own.

Matt
Very nice.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #50
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post

To each their own.

Matt
Matt, were you running with temporary tags at the strip? If so you are an automatic member of the Temp Tag Racing team.

I will have to look into getting some jackets, patches and refrigerator magnets made up.

Well at the very least a jpeg for sigs.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #51
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
According to one of the two engineers who actually designed the 1le package (chassis dynamics and stability) and is the husband of my wife's friend and also owns a 1le, he advised me to break in the car as follows to avoid rear differential whine later:

Drive the car gently, under 3000 rpm with no sudden launches, hard shifts or extreme downshifts for at least 500 miles. Gradually increase rpm to 4,000 max for about another 500 miles. Use the provided oil and follow the maintenance schedule. After 1000 miles the car will be broken in.

You can do what you want, but he developed this model, has driven hundreds of them on the road and on tracks and I believe he knows what he is talking about.
If I get any "Rear Differential Whine" you can bet Chevy will be fixing it....
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #52
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
According to one of the two engineers who actually designed the 1le package (chassis dynamics and stability)

FYI: Despite what you were told by your wifes friends husband there were more than 2 engineers that worked on the 1LE package at GM and there where not 100s of mule 1LEs to drive on road and on tracks....there were only a handful built. Only stating as this is the interweb and I don't want everyone to believe what they read just because it is on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Matt, were you running with temporary tags at the strip? If so you are an automatic member of the Temp Tag Racing team.

I will have to look into getting some jackets, patches and refrigerator magnets made up.

Well at the very least a jpeg for sigs.
Never had temp tags on it....the SOS gives most dealers plates and then the Dealer just assigns the plate to a VIN and turns the paperwork into the SOS. I had a plate on mine from the get-go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
If I get any "Rear Differential Whine" you can bet Chevy will be fixing it....
My thoughts exactly with break in and any other issues....For those of us that do not mod (too much) we have a 5 year/100K power train warranty if anything goes wrong....

-Matt