Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #43
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I'm spending the weekend installing a 4 post lift. Have to get the nest ready for the new arrival when she finally makes it home.
Your wife will be OK, tell her to look at it like the Cubs, There's always next year!
We are going to Barrett Jackson Vegas for our honeymoon. (maybe there's a 69 Camaro wedding present brewing)
Have you had any luck with getting that thing to hook up off the line? Wheel hop? or just smokin the tires off of it? I don't want to dump any money into my front suspension but I am thinking the rear needs improvement to help with hook up. I'm wondering what you have found.
and keep grinnin!
Barrett Jackson sounds great - that would be a blast. Especially in Vegas!! A 69' would be an awesome wedding present - good luck with that one

On the street it seems to hook pretty good - as it is always a little ways into a first gear roll before I really get on it. From a stand still, it really has to be launched about 1500 - 2000rpms - rolling on the clutch. If you pop the clutch, it is all over. I need more practicing with the G-Tech and then I'm going to hit the drag strip on the 15th again. I would love to be in the 11's on stock tires but I'm not sure its going to happen with the wheel spin.

I had some wheel hop when I was staging and doing the burnouts but I found if I let off a little and then got back into it - the wheel hop stopped. From a launch, I don't notice much wheel hop.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #44
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
We will be putting on drag slicks at the track. Gunna try to get it to stick from the get go. I have alot of concerns about breaking axles or trans shafts as the trans is proven but in the lighter Vette.
Kevin at Lingenfelter brought up the wheel hop thing to me. They are working on some different combination's as we speak.
A friend of mine here runs a Pro Stock car and I am going to look to him also for suggestions to lower the ET. Attrition is eminent!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #45
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Hey did you tell them you were going to run slicks on your car?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #46
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey did you tell them you were going to run slicks on your car?
Yes, I have been discussing it with Lingenfelter and RPM. The snafu is there is little to go off of. I haven't been in a hurry to complete the car as I am watching incoming information.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #47
Speed74SS

Quote:
Yes, I have been discussing it with Lingenfelter and RPM. The snafu is there is little to go off of. I haven't been in a hurry to complete the car as I am watching incoming information.
I will be watching your build closely and maybe do some of the same things next year. I would like to get some DR and see how she runs.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #48
1320junkie

Quote:
Yeah I can imagine that its pretty tricky
Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #49
Windy City

We'll break it, we'll fix it, we'll make it go faster, we'll break it, we'll fix it, we'll make it go faster..........and so it goes.
It's like a disease!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #50
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Well I signed the new quote, and out of guilt told the wife to start on the bathroom. Just thinking about more horsepower than the ZR1 makes me giggle like a little school girl. At least my two buddies with the GT500's will only see the back of my Camaro. Also will have to take on the lawyer with the Z06, should be fun to see his face. I have another friend with an '09 twin turbo Porche, but I dont think I can get him to run me, he is gun shy after flipping his Z06.
I am really looking forward to putting together a day at the Demming NM track, I hear they have a road course with an awsome straightway. That of course will cause a few susp. upgrades. I dont think this game will ever end, but should be a lot of fun!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #51
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Well I signed the new quote, and out of guilt told the wife to start on the bathroom. Just thinking about more horsepower than the ZR1 makes me giggle like a little school girl. At least my two buddies with the GT500's will only see the back of my Camaro. Also will have to take on the lawyer with the Z06, should be fun to see his face. I have another friend with an '09 twin turbo Porche, but I dont think I can get him to run me, he is gun shy after flipping his Z06.
I am really looking forward to putting together a day at the Demming NM track, I hear they have a road course with an awsome straightway. That of course will cause a few susp. upgrades. I dont think this game will ever end, but should be a lot of fun!
HOO RAH Glad to hear it! Like I told speed before, the first part to wear out will be the rear view mirror from looking at the faces of the guys behind ya! I think I'de have to pack up my car and head to NM for that! GOOD LUCK
Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #52
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Don't worry, we'll tempt you to spend some of that hard earned cash on your ride as well! (thanks SPEED! LOL See what you started?)
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #53
1320junkie

keep on pushing the modding limits...lol...btw I love this thread
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #54
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Don't worry, we'll tempt you to spend some of that hard earned cash on your ride as well! (thanks SPEED! LOL See what you started?)
And now you guys that are doing more and more are giving me ideas - thanks alot. Like I haven't spent enough money!! I went to a car get together last night and there were a few nice cars there. One guy I met had a 1000hp GT500, a 2009 Nissan GTR and he had a SRT Challenger with a custom Coach convertible package done and a KB Supercharger putting out about 610 to the flywheel. It looks like the 650 package may have to be an upgrade sometime. I look to you guys to keep me going!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #55
Windy City

Going, Going, Gone! (In 60 Seconds?)
I'm hoping to hear some new info from Kevin at Lingenfelter next week. He said my motor was done and they were waiting for the trans. He was attending a "Track Day" Friday that RPM Transmissions was sponsoring.

Hopefully something they were doing was applicable to the Camaro! Yup, it must be a real b**ch when you "have to" go to the track for work.

Lucky bastard! Kevin has ADM sending over a boost gauge for my car and we are adding that.

Seen a car in VR with white stripes like mine today a few miles from my house. Told my girl, "Wish we were driving mine!" but she had no sympathy. Said I was the one who had to "send it away" right away. But that's ok, cause it's gunna be a bad puppy when it finds it's way home!

Speed, sound like your still having fun. Face hurt?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #56
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Now I miss my car, the El Paso owners are getting together, and I am car-less. Oh well at least I can try to get them together when she comes home. My wife is looking at granite and marble, damn bathroom is going to cost more than the LPE work. Bad part is she is still talking about the kitchen, I am trying to talk her into one project a year, you know the economy is bad stuff, I hope she buys it.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote