Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Friends and Family Discount Confusion

Can someone help me with this? Yesterday I set up a possible purchase of a new Camaro with a dealership here in Kansas City. I have a friend who is letting me use her Friends and Family Discount. She said it was a 10% discount. The price of the Camaro is $31,950 so I kind of assumed I would see an approx. $3,100 discount or so. I told the sales rep that I have this discount to use so when the pricing sheet was finished I reviewed it and did not see this discount spelled out anywhere. So I asked about it and that's when he pointed out that there was a Savings box showing about $1000. I asked what this was and he said it was the Friends and Family discount. I said I was told it was a 10% discount. He said that the 10% discount did not apply to the Camaro, that it just allowed me to receive Supplier Pricing. Can anyone here verify that this is correct and that I'm not being taken advantage of here? The sales rep seemed like a really good guy so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, I live in KC, but they are going to be bringing me the car from about 400 miles away. They said they will either drive the car here which will cost me nothing except miles on my car or they can have someone go up with a trailer and picked it up, but it will be a $700-$800 charge that I will have to pay. Is this standard practice? I hate the thought of 400 miles being put on my car before I even get to drive it, but then again I really don't want to pay $800 out of my pocket for this.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
10%?? They weren't even giving that last year when the discounts were better. No your not gonna get 10%.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Your sale rep is correct. I also qualified for the Family and Friends discount. Mine was good for $1000 off (supplier pricing) and my car arrived on 12/22 so I was able to take advantage of the 60 day Satisfaction Guarantee (which expired 1/4/10) - so I got $1500 off my purchase price. Every little bit helps.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB43TD View Post
Can someone help me with this? Yesterday I set up a possible purchase of a new Camaro with a dealership here in Kansas City. I have a friend who is letting me use her Friends and Family Discount. She said it was a 10% discount. The price of the Camaro is $31,950 so I kind of assumed I would see an approx. $3,100 discount or so. I told the sales rep that I have this discount to use so when the pricing sheet was finished I reviewed it and did not see this discount spelled out anywhere. So I asked about it and that's when he pointed out that there was a Savings box showing about $1000. I asked what this was and he said it was the Friends and Family discount. I said I was told it was a 10% discount. He said that the 10% discount did not apply to the Camaro, that it just allowed me to receive Supplier Pricing. Can anyone here verify that this is correct and that I'm not being taken advantage of here? The sales rep seemed like a really good guy so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I just wanted to make sure.
10%? I've never seen that discount reach 10%. The Friends and Family Discount is the same pricing as Employee Discount and the highest I've ever seen it is 7%. On a fully optioned out 2SS/RS it was around 5% before they changed the pricing structure January 1, 2010. Now all discounts are the same price (the price of what use to be the Supplier Pricing) and is called Preferred Pricing. On my 2SS/RS this came out to be about $1,200.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
Yes, the GM preferred pricing is the new employee discount. If you go to www.gmfamilyfirst.com you can price your car and see the exact preferred price. What options are you trying to get? I can't believe there isn't one similar in K.C./Jo.Co. The good old days of 10-20% are long gone my friend. A small price to pay to keep GM in business.

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Go pick it up and drive it home yourself...you could just about have her broken in and then the miles are all yours.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
Rich1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Camaro Hot Red
I was one of the very lucky ones. I was able to get employee pricing last year and saved approximately $2800.00 on a $38,815.00 2SS/RS loaded Camaro in addition to the $500.00 for not taking the 60 day return program.
Rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #8
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Totally Bummed. I finally got a job lined up and my med board is about done. Things were lining up nicely and I had the wife convinced we could afford it (the discount was the kicker..) and now I can't get the extra cash off that I could. Oh well, guess I'll just wait a little longer... Maybe I'll end up a Z28 owner after all! (keeps fingers crossed)
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote