Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #113
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
For you naysayers who do not 'get' this whole program, Google Tom Medley and his 1940 Ford Coupe. Long story short, car burned to the ground - hot rod community chipped in with $$ and time and parts and got it back to him like new...he never asked for anything...it just happened.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #114
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Geez what's wrong with some of you people!?? This thread is about helping RJ! If you don't want to help don't post in here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
He's rebuilding and replacing his project car that burned to the ground and some of us are choosing to help him. If you have a problem with that then don't contribute; including contributing your negativity in this thread. He's done a lot for a lot of people on this forum and we're responding to that. You don't like it? Then stay out of it 'cause it's none of your business.
Doc, there's just something about you that I like perhaps it's your "tell it like it is" attitude, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
For you naysayers who do not 'get' this whole program, Google Tom Medley and his 1940 Ford Coupe. Long story short, car burned to the ground - hot rod community chipped in with $$ and time and parts and got it back to him like new...he never asked for anything...it just happened.
I read that story and saw the car at GNRS or Del Mar Good Guys, maybe SEMA, can't remember. Great story.

Love to see something like this happen the RJ.

Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #115
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post

I think the same thing happened to "spymaster" when his wrap or paint was damaged.
My mistake or lack of knowledge at the time , was not declaring all the mods done to the car with the insurance company ! I lost $$$$$ and during their
investigation they found out I was drag racing the car and terminated the policy!

With my ZL1 every mod that can be covered is documented with new carrier and a recent appraisal was done and valued at $105K.

Now I will not DONATE to "The Stig" but I will take him out for a nice dinner I just realized he switched his user ID and he's helped me out in the past !

So the question for "The Stig" are you a "all you can eat buffet type or steak and lobster type?"
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #116
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I'll admit, at first I was a bit skeptical about donating anything at all, but looking at over 100 pages of build thread really speaks to how much of the guys heart was poured into the car. Yeah, it's only a car, and at least he's ok... but as much as it was only an object - it was his pride and joy and one hell of a kick in the teeth. Especially considering the fraction of the car's physical value (not to mention sentimental) value that he's getting back from insurance.

Sure, a lot of people in Oklahoma are in worse situations, but that's not putting it into perspective all. Putting it into perspective is pointing out that children are starving in Africa and you piled too much food on your plate at the buffet. We can't feel bad for everyone and we can't help everyone in a bad spot. If we did we would all be miserable depressed wrecks, with nothing to show for it.

I'll donate, because we share a passion and I really feel for him right now. As a community we share that passion and to see anybody dragged down like this just flat out blows. My Camaro pales in comparison, but I'd be lying if I said I would not be in a rough place, both financially and mentally, in a similar situation. It's great that the community rallied around him so much, and I would be touched to see the same thing happen if I lost my mediocre Camaro.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #117
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post

I'll donate, because we share a passion and I really feel for him right now. As a community we share that passion and to see anybody dragged down like this just flat out blows. My Camaro pales in comparison, but I'd be lying if I said I would not be in a rough place, both financially and mentally, in a similar situation. It's great that the community rallied around him so much, and I would be touched to see the same thing happen if I lost my mediocre Camaro.
Very well said!

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #118
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I'll admit, at first I was a bit skeptical about donating anything at all, but looking at over 100 pages of build thread really speaks to how much of the guys heart was poured into the car. Yeah, it's only a car, and at least he's ok... but as much as it was only an object - it was his pride and joy and one hell of a kick in the teeth. Especially considering the fraction of the car's physical value (not to mention sentimental) value that he's getting back from insurance.

Sure, a lot of people in Oklahoma are in worse situations, but that's not putting it into perspective all. Putting it into perspective is pointing out that children are starving in Africa and you piled too much food on your plate at the buffet. We can't feel bad for everyone and we can't help everyone in a bad spot. If we did we would all be miserable depressed wrecks, with nothing to show for it.

Future President
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #119
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
My mistake or lack of knowledge at the time , was not declaring all the mods done to the car with the insurance company ! I lost $$$$$ and during their
investigation they found out I was drag racing the car and terminated the policy!

With my ZL1 every mod that can be covered is documented with new carrier and a recent appraisal was done and valued at $105K.

Now I will not DONATE to "The Stig" but I will take him out for a nice dinner I just realized he switched his user ID and he's helped me out in the past !

So the question for "The Stig" are you a "all you can eat buffet type or steak and lobster type?"
I really don't understand the reasoning Ins. Co's use to justify these cancellations.

Would they preffer that we street race and endanger the general public?

Your insurance doesn't cover you at the track anyway so WTF is the problem?

I just need my Ins to cover me from all the crazy drivers while I am on the street,I am perfectly safe at the dragstrip.

Can anyone in the Insurance industry answer this?
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #120
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
I really don't understand the reasoning Ins. Co's use to justify these cancellations.

Would they prefer that we street race and endanger the general public?

I just need my Ins to cover me from all the crazy drivers while I am on the street,I am perfectly safe at the drag strip.

Insurance is the management of risk. In their eyes, as a drag racer, they apparently, for whatever their reason, don't feel the "Drag racer" is a good risk.

To get the reason, you would have to speak with the underwriter to get their thoughts behind it.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #121
Moreno1

Quote:

Terry, it's guys like you that make this community great! Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #122
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post

Would they preffer that we street race and endanger the general public?

I just need my Ins to cover me from all the crazy drivers while I am on the street,I am perfectly safe at the dragstrip.

It's the risks...........People have wrecked their cars on the track, and have stage the scene elsewhere to get paid!!!

You wreck you car in street racing, etc, or anything perceived as racing related accident...........and your SOL
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #123
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Insurance is the management of risk. In their eyes, as a drag racer, they apparently, for whatever their reason, don't feel the "Drag racer" is a good risk.

To get the reason, you would have to speak with the underwriter to get their thoughts behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
It's the risks...........People have wrecked their cars on the track, and have stage the scene elsewhere to get paid!!!

You wreck you car in street racing, etc, or anything perceived as racing related accident...........and your SOL

Curious what insurance comapny/policy you guys think will cover performance mods for a DD?

I have geico and went to add my mods, they removed the exhaust and intake, but kept the lighting, paint, cosmetic stuff.

Is there anyway to get a policy that can insure my other mods?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #124
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Curious what insurance comapny/policy you guys think will cover performance mods for a DD?

I have geico and went to add my mods, they removed the exhaust and intake, but kept the lighting, paint, cosmetic stuff.

Is there anyway to get a policy that can insure my other mods?
Thats strange I have geico as well, I called them to add my mods after seeing what happend to Stig and they didnt question any of the mods to include exhaust, headers, intake, suspension. They added with no questions asked. Now maybe you are trying to put it in the wrong sections they added all of my parts on my comprehensive portion. I dont think that me being in the military makes a difference in their eyes as far as additions to the car.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #125
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Thats strange I have geico as well, I called them to add my mods after seeing what happend to Stig and they didnt question any of the mods to include exhaust, headers, intake, suspension. They added with no questions asked. Now maybe you are trying to put it in the wrong sections they added all of my parts on my comprehensive portion. I dont think that me being in the military makes a difference in their eyes as far as additions to the car.
Here is my email after adding my mods online.

"We completed your request to update your vehicle information. Your premium will remain the same.

To ensure smooth claims handling, please make sure to retain all of the receipts for your customizations.

We are unable to cover performance modifications (such as engine, transmission, intake, or exhaust upgrades), lifts higher than six inches, or equipment designed for off-road use, since these types of equipment are used for activities not covered under your automobile policy contract.

You may view your updated policy information by logging in at service.geico.com."
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #126
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Here is my email after adding my mods online.

"We completed your request to update your vehicle information. Your premium will remain the same.

To ensure smooth claims handling, please make sure to retain all of the receipts for your customizations.

We are unable to cover performance modifications (such as engine, transmission, intake, or exhaust upgrades), lifts higher than six inches, or equipment designed for off-road use, since these types of equipment are used for activities not covered under your automobile policy contract.

You may view your updated policy information by logging in at service.geico.com."
That is weird I havent got an email from them like that maybe try and call to add them dont do it online.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, camaro, donate, haters go away, stieger, stig