Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Gibby'SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Trick Flow GenX 255 heads

I everyone. I just received my heads from Brian Tooley Racing!

I ordered the heads from Brian. Brian then installed new light weight valves along with his Platinum dual spring kit. He also performed his special exhaust valve job.

I have to say these heads are great looking!

I'm still waiting on my cam to be ground. It'll be another couple of weeks before I see it. The cam is a mild cam compared to some people are installing. So if anyone is waiting to see huge power numbers you will likely be disappointed. I do plan on future modifications that will require a larger cam and forged bottom end but not now. So the heads were purchased to grow with.

I hope you enjoy the photos.
Attached Images

[COLOR="Blue"]CAI Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and full exhaust, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, TFS Gen X 255 heads, custom VVT cam by Pat Guerra, RX Catch Can, Pedderized suspension, ghosted side markers, Technostalgia tail lights, Big Worm spears, Forgestar f14 in gunmetal, Nitto Invo 275/315

455HP/422TQ.
Gibby'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
Lmao you and your primates.

Sweet heads!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Yes!!! Your doing it right!!

No monkey business here!!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
Gibby'SS

I have to thank Brian Tooley for the work that he did. He is friendly, very knowledgeable and was more than fair with me on the price for the heads and the work that he performed.

The quality of the heads is excellent. I had originally purchased a set of heads from another manufacturer who is suppose to have high quality products. Needless to say I returned those heads. The return was not due to the heads themselves but other reasons.

I am no expert on manufacturing but inspecting both sets of heads I have to say the quality of the casting and the finishing of the Trick Flow heads seems much better than the original heads I purchased.

Thanks again to Brian Tooley.

I'm only waiting on the cam and the push rods. I have already spoken to Ted Jannetty and he has provided me with the initial tune necessary for my setup. So thank you to Ted for the quick turnaround on the tune. I am looking forward to the install and firing up for the first time!
[COLOR="Blue"]CAI Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and full exhaust, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, TFS Gen X 255 heads, custom VVT cam by Pat Guerra, RX Catch Can, Pedderized suspension, ghosted side markers, Technostalgia tail lights, Big Worm spears, Forgestar f14 in gunmetal, Nitto Invo 275/315

455HP/422TQ.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Awesome man! Mind saying what those set you back?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Synner

Drives: cars
Did you get turned down titanium valves or a hollow stem from someone? I know a few companies were coming out with them for the head.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Gibby'SS

I had a unique situation with Brian Tooley since the heads are new and the availability of light weight valves is new so Brian and I worked out a price.

Your best bet is contact Brian directly for a quote. I will say that they cost me more than a comparable set of PRC heads but not a lot more and less than Mast Motorsports.

455HP/422TQ.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby'SS View Post
I had a unique situation with Brian Tooley since the heads are new and the availability of light weight valves is new so Brian and I worked out a price.

Your best bet is contact Brian directly for a quote. I will say that they cost me more than a comparable set of PRC heads but not a lot more and less than Mast Motorsports.
All I needed...thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Quote:
I have to thank Brian Tooley for the work that he did. He is friendly, very knowledgeable and was more than fair with me on the price for the heads and the work that he performed.

The quality of the heads is excellent. I had originally purchased a set of heads from another manufacturer who is suppose to have high quality products. Needless to say I returned those heads. The return was not due to the heads themselves but other reasons.

I am no expert on manufacturing but inspecting both sets of heads I have to say the quality of the casting and the finishing of the Trick Flow heads seems much better than the original heads I purchased.

Thanks again to Brian Tooley.

I'm only waiting on the cam and the push rods. I have already spoken to Ted Jannetty and he has provided me with the initial tune necessary for my setup. So thank you to Ted for the quick turnaround on the tune. I am looking forward to the install and firing up for the first time!
Your in Virginia!
Why a mail order tune?! You need a dyno like Virginia speed they do awesome work btw. You have quality parts you'll need a quality dyno tune.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I've been waiting on these for months. How do I contact him?

Quote:

Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Old 08-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/
Old 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Did you get turned down titanium valves or a hollow stem from someone? I know a few companies were coming out with them for the head.
Did I miss the answer to this? Just curious as well to which valves u received with these heads?
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote