Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Scosche Kit

Hello everyone, Today I installed the Scosche kit, and while I must say it is not bad their are a few problems that I would like to try and fix. First off, my whole shifter bezel got a nice carving in it from the guages not fitting, do you put in scosche face first or the guages? Secondly, every single one of my speakers buzzes even If I don't have music on. Lastly, my usb connection no longer works in my center cubby, does anyone know how to connect it to the kit? Also running DX570HD from Kenwood, thanks!
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
I changed my stereo to the kenwood system, the buzz is the amp...it cannot handle the power of the kenwood. Its in the trunk on the right rear quarter panel. I put down some insualtion where the spare tire goes and bought an after market amp and installed it there. The Boston speakers are awesome no need to change them...The sound is awesome now.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
You put the scosche kit in first then the guages. The guages are a tight fit. If you connected the blue and white amp remote wire, that is the buzz / cut it and cap it off, you do not use it unless you are going to hook up an aftermarket amp. You will have to run the usb port from the new head unit to the console if you want it to work. I just ran mine to the glove box. The stock one is not connected to anything now so it is dead.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Jerry S

Drives: 2010 2LT and 1969 SS 350
I know this is a thread is a little old, but my amp would not power up without hooking up the blue/white wire. I use a Kenwood DNN990HD and do not have any buzz at all. I also modified the bottom of the Scosche kit to make it easier to install the dash gauges, it also helps to un clip the anti slip button and the power socket and slide them up. After installing the gauge cluster push them down back into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilborne View Post
You put the scosche kit in first then the guages. The guages are a tight fit. If you connected the blue and white amp remote wire, that is the buzz / cut it and cap it off, you do not use it unless you are going to hook up an aftermarket amp. You will have to run the usb port from the new head unit to the console if you want it to work. I just ran mine to the glove box. The stock one is not connected to anything now so it is dead.
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
The amp they were referring to was the factory one.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
All you need to do is get you a 6ft usb cable that has the regular usb and a usb mini on the other end. Run the cable threw the console and disconnect the factory and connect the 6 ft cable.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #8
Jerry S

Drives: 2010 2LT and 1969 SS 350
The factory one is the one I am referring to also, mine would not power up without hooking up the blue/white wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
D94

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Does anyone know where to get the CAMOSM for the scosche kit? I have a 2014 LS and I want to change out the head unit, but still keep the onstar for the phone feature and such. I've searched everywhere on the internet, Ebay, Amazon, etc. All say " out of stock", " not available". Even scosche site says " out of stock". Anyone have any ideas? Thx.
D94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:47 AM   #10
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by D94 View Post
Does anyone know where to get the CAMOSM for the scosche kit? I have a 2014 LS and I want to change out the head unit, but still keep the onstar for the phone feature and such. I've searched everywhere on the internet, Ebay, Amazon, etc. All say " out of stock", " not available". Even scosche site says " out of stock". Anyone have any ideas? Thx.
CAMOSM is now available!
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote