Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #43
ifiwasperfect

Drives: 2012 1LS 6sp /1994 Z28 auto
IMO mustang steering wheel sucks balls, center stack is poorly designed. Wayyy to many plastic inserts on the body(like where the fog lights are supposed to go) and even on the lower fascia. It look like it is supposed to have 2 sets of fog lights. ARGHH that kills me. And that nose? Looks like pig. Also, the headlights are WAAAY over done.

IMO only thing the V6 mustang has going for it is standard HID headlights, those gorgeous tail lights, cool ambient lighting.

With that said, I would pull the trigger. If you don't have too much negative equity. Plus a nice down payment you'll be paying around the same you are now for a nice pre-owned SS.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #44
ifiwasperfect

Drives: 2012 1LS 6sp /1994 Z28 auto
Sorry if it seems like I was bashing YOUR car/taste.

P.S. - Nothing like that good ole tax credit when trading in a car! Basically free money! We have it here in MD also.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #45
Fiveg56

Drives: -
I just don't understand trading down to a car that is three model years older just so you can say you have a V8...make sure you think things over before pulling the trigger.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #46
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
I just don't understand trading down to a car that is three model years older just so you can say you have a V8...make sure you think things over before pulling the trigger.
For most it's the speed. For others it's a penis game. I bet there are some out there who'd take a 1994 SS over a 2013 LT simply because it has a V6, even if a new V6 was faster than an old SS.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #47
bluestang

Drives: mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Personally I like the interior of the 2010-2011 just fine. I like the leather on the dash of the 2012, but the steering wheel on the 12-13s are generic. They're the same as the Buick iirc. I like the vintage-y look of the 10-11s myself.

That said, I do not like mustangs. However, yours is really, really sharp. I have a 2LT/RS and I love it. I'd like an SS, but as much as I drive, I can't afford the gas. My biggest reasoning for getting a v6 after wrecking my big V8 truck was to save on gas. I ALMOST make payments on my car what I save in gas from a V8!

And not bashing whatsoever, but for some reason the bumper and grille remind me of the piggies from angry birds...I cannot unsee! D:
Haha no worries, it is your personal taste anyway, yeah the front is funny looking, kind of "chubby" if it makes sense. Well I don't drive much and it's usually 90% city so no matter what I get god awful MPGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWA SS View Post
Very sharp Mustang you have. And good luck getting into a Camaro. There is a lot of information here to guide you.
I bought a used 2010 and have had no trouble yet. Except I can't stop buying stuff for it!!
Yeah the mod bug bites and it hurts your wallet, I'm the exact same!
Thanks yeah I've been lurking some posts and gathering some info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
U should have known that info was incorrect. There is no way a v6 will have a better 0-60 time then a ss. Unless it's fi. Anyway ur stang is sexy
Yeah well the SS is 500 lbs heavier than my v6 so I just thought that's why it was so slow, but guess not! That's good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiwasperfect View Post
IMO mustang steering wheel sucks balls, center stack is poorly designed. Wayyy to many plastic inserts on the body(like where the fog lights are supposed to go) and even on the lower fascia. It look like it is supposed to have 2 sets of fog lights. ARGHH that kills me. And that nose? Looks like pig. Also, the headlights are WAAAY over done.

IMO only thing the V6 mustang has going for it is standard HID headlights, those gorgeous tail lights, cool ambient lighting.

With that said, I would pull the trigger. If you don't have too much negative equity. Plus a nice down payment you'll be paying around the same you are now for a nice pre-owned SS.
Have you looked at the steering wheel for 2013s? It's leather wrapped with all the controls right on it, feels fine to me. Look.

Well that's the Boss 302 Grille with the fog light DELETE, I can take the clips off for track days and it will ram the air into the engine on top of the honeycomb design, so that's not stock from the car.

I didn't get the lower fogs because the package was dumb, but they're projector fogs and the clip is there so I can just unclip it and install the new fogs so I don't see why they would make it PART of the bumper and make it harder on people. I love the headlights too, all personal taste of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiwasperfect View Post
Sorry if it seems like I was bashing YOUR car/taste.

P.S. - Nothing like that good ole tax credit when trading in a car! Basically free money! We have it here in MD also.
Yeah it's very nice, and no worries, you were bashing but it is your personal taste lol so it doesn't matter. I understand. I am looking for a camaro anyway and I do love the look of it but I still won't agree how the mustang interior is bad when to ME it's the best out of the three. It's just I'd rather give up a nice interior for a 6.2 liter engine.

I'm going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow so I won't be able to go to the dealer until tuesday. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #48
bluestang

Quote:
When did I say that I'm just doing it to say I just have a v8? I'm not an insecure teenager that falls for peer pressure. If I'm going to be dumping money to make a car faster, why do it to my current v6 when I will see little to no gains? I'd rather trade the car in/sell it and get a proper platform for an american performance car with an engine that's already extremely beefy.

If I take a loss bigger than 2k I am not going to do it. Don't worry I am still thinking about it and I am all about the numbers and money. The way I see if if I take a 2k hit is that if I would of put that 2k into my car now, I wouldn't even see 426 hp at the crank, so it's fine by me. Plus my insurance lowers.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #49
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang View Post
When did I say that I'm just doing it to say I just have a v8? I'm not an insecure teenager that falls for peer pressure. If I'm going to be dumping money to make a car faster, why do it to my current v6 when I will see little to no gains? I'd rather trade the car in/sell it and get a proper platform for an american performance car with an engine that's already extremely beefy.

If I take a loss bigger than 2k I am not going to do it. Don't worry I am still thinking about it and I am all about the numbers and money. The way I see if if I take a 2k hit is that if I would of put that 2k into my car now, I wouldn't even see 426 hp at the crank, so it's fine by me. Plus my insurance lowers.
It's not all about 0-60...make sure you are not giving up too much just to go a few tenths faster. Keep us updated.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #50
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Also. If you are able to sale outright, you should check the for sale section here. There are always some sweet used cars.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #51
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Keep that sharp looking '13 stang and enjoy it for awhile. Since you said you put a boatload of d/p, then just payoff your balance as soon as possible and then get a new Camaro or (Gen6) so you'll have both later on. This is one possibility.

If you decide to trade in, chances are the dealer will low ball you and you'll lose alot of $ from the equity. Good luck with your decisions... think wisely.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #52
bluestang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWA SS View Post
Also. If you are able to sale outright, you should check the for sale section here. There are always some sweet used cars.
Only if they were in the area, I could not buy a car online haha no way!

Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Keep that sharp looking '13 stang and enjoy it for awhile. Since you said you put a boatload of d/p, then just payoff your balance as soon as possible and then get a new Camaro or (Gen6) so you'll have both later on. This is one possibility.

If you decide to trade in, chances are the dealer will low ball you and you'll lose alot of $ from the equity. Good luck with your decisions... think wisely.
Well not a boatload but a little less than half yep, I have talked to some dealers on here, sticker on my car is 29k and some have offered as low as 19k and some as high as 22k without even seeing it, I know I can sell it for 25k privately and that would pay off my loan and leave me with cash to put down on the SS, I just have to really sit down and look at the numbers and see if it's even worth it in the long run, if not I can just do as you said and wait it out for sure.

I'm not just going to impulsively jump for it and take a financial hit, I can't do that while being a full time college student!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #53
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang View Post
So you found ONE source where the driver sucked and decided that's what an SS runs? I saw a stock SS with a crap driver run a 1/4 in the 14's, does that mean all SS's run 14's?

SS "official" 0-60 is 4.7, but many places with reviews got them lower.
No need to get so offended wow relax, yeah I looked at one source because Edmunds is a known car site so I wouldn't think times would differ anyway, relax.

Gotcha, I'll look around the dealer and see, I have about 5k on top to play with and no way I was going to procharge my v6, I'd rather have a strong reliable n/a than a unreliable f/i daily.

I'm young now so if I decide to keep the v6 or go for the camaro, I will keep the car for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

I was stating the obvious, wasn't upset in anyway shape or forum, with that said you are on a Camaro forum and you called the V6 Mustang faster, unless that was a troll statement.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #54
bluestang

Well the camaro was NOT in good shape! I want one that doesn't have crappy aftermarket mods done do it, like this one had the stereo replaced w/ some crappy off-brand 200 dollar screen. it looked terrible, and some ghetto wheels. I didn't even bother to drive it, those pictures were NOT on their site so I will avoid that dealer altogether.

The hunt continues!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #55
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
There is no way I'd make that trade. It's a downgrade. That Mustang is awesome! Don't let the V6 bashers get you down.
How is a V6 mustang to an SS a downgrade? You are crazy.
A V6 stang to a V6 camaro yes.
A 5.0 to an SS maybe depending on which year and package.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #56
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You amke me laugh your info is so bad. Camaro ss does low 4 second 0-60 with the manual and has 3.73 rear end gears, the 1le option makes the rear end 3.91, automatic l99 have the lower gearing at 3.45. The suspension with the toe links and sway bar changes just came through with their relocation outside the rear shocks on the 2013 model. If you only loose two thousand it would be a miracle as five grand drops off any car the second it drives off the lot sold. Frankly I think the new stangs are uglier than thier predecessors with the tail light changes and the front end changes. You can expect if your a good driver to do 12+ second quarter miles also with a ss unaltered form the factory. I traded in my 2011 2ss/rs camaro convertible for my newer 2013 coupe, and yes I lost over five grand with only 5,000 miles on it.

I am not sure if the 2010 camaro came witt the HUD heads up display, a very nice feature you would not see in a mustang, along with a whole laundry list of other options camaros have that mustangs do not have, nor could be easily added. Like my back up camera and warning, heated mirrors, heated seats, etc etc etc. You may want to really look at what you are doing before you jump.

Try finding the g.m. website and building your own camaro and look at the list of options on the site, compare it on other sites like edmunds or some other build site compaired to the stang. I was going to get a zl1, instead I settled for instant ss with all the options i wanted like dual mode exhaust for the nice sound and i do not have to worry about intercoolers or summer only tires or supercharger life span etc.
If I had bought the gt 500 I wanted it would have cost with the options i wanted 73K 10k more than all the options on a zl1 i wanted, and missing alot of ammenities that the stang just did no have. I know excitement of the minute is running high looking at new cars, you should investigate on your own more than just coming here. Good luck to you. And not driving it was a mistake, as mods can be changed easily, and you should know that. And frankly I do not have that much trouble seeing out the back of the camaro the mirrors are great, oh yes and auto dimming and yes the head lights are auto matic too.............

Closed Thread