Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
New pal for my Camaro

Well I was looking into buying a house closer to work recently to cut down on gas costs and mileage(50mile one way drive right now), but it didn't work out with the house I wanted, so instead I used some of the money for the down payment on the house and bought a couple new wheels! 2008 Honda Shadow

So now I'll be saving money by riding this to work a few nights a week, with my long drive to work this will save me about $10-15 per day every day I ride it(plus adding a motorcycle insurance policy actually lowered my car insurance rate).

Now I just gotta decide how often I can go with leaving my Camaro at home and not driving it.
Attached Images

CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
looks like it worked out! deciding which one to drive is a good problem to have!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Congrats on the new ride.
Should save you some cash in gas.
I don't think deciding how often to leave the cage at home will be a problem....
Attached Images

Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
CookieCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
looks like it worked out! deciding which one to drive is a good problem to have!
It's a great problem since they're both a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Congrats on the new ride.
Should save you some cash in gas.
I don't think deciding how often to leave the cage at home will be a problem....
Nice ride ya got there. Won't be a huge problem, especially when the weather's nice, but I do love to listen to my music in the cage.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #5
13camarossva

Drives: 2013 inferno orange metallic ss
i love riding my bike in to work. its almost a necessary and equal evil... you have the Camaro ... no explanation needed, and you have the wind blowing in your face at 70+ miles an hour. im happy either way when i drive or ride.
13camarossva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #6
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Congrats on the new bike!

I unburied my ZX-14R last week, but it's still too cold to think about riding. I can't wait. Be careful!

Name:  ZX14R.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  134.7 KB
Name:  NINJA2.JPG
Views: 443
Size:  193.5 KB
thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 AM   #7
CookieCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Congrats on the new bike!

I unburied my ZX-14R last week, but it's still too cold to think about riding. I can't wait. Be careful!
My first ride on this bike was a cold one, it was 70 degrees out the day before I got it, then of course that day it dropped to just below freezing and was windy as all get out(Gotta love the bipolar weather in Georgia). It was still fun, but the only gloves I had with me were thin and fingerless so I couldn't feel my hands after about 3mins. Luckily the weather's been pretty nice since then so I've gotten some good rides in already.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #8
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Yeah, if it's below 45 degrees, I don't ride. People who don't ride may hear what you're saying about not feeling your hands, but they don't understand. The nice thing about your V-twin is you can shove your free hand in between those cylinders for a little relief!

A quick detach Memphis Shades windshield and some heated grips and you'll be set.
thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote