Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Sully

Drives: Orange 2SS/RS LS3
haha i love some of the replies!
yea i dont understand were he got the "i thought you were trying to loose us" either...

i did tell him i was lost and explained what i was doing, and thats when he laughed "oohhhh so thats why you turned around twice and went in and out of that other complex"

when he threw the lights on i was 1 apartment over from hers so he just pointed and said "i think thats were you need to be... wished me luck on the date and got back in his car"

date when well, she giggled like a little school girl when i caught a red light and hit 100... shes into cars and her dad owns a nitro drag car i guess which is pretty frickin sweet so she appreciated the car

and yes shes very pretty, short dark hair "curvy" with one of those chizzled model faces (she thought that was funny)
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #30
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
date when well, she giggled like a little school girl when i caught a red light and hit 100... shes into cars and her dad owns a nitro drag car i guess which is pretty frickin sweet so she appreciated the car
)

Hopefully you didn't mean you ran a red light at 100mph.. :P
CamaroVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #31
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Cop pulled me over a few weeks ago - it was night but I'm betting he saw the car and assumed I was a guy and would make an easy ticket...
I think he was surprised to see little old me...and that I have a clean record...
let me off with a verbal warning and was very nice.

My question is tho - how can you evade a cop if they aren't chasing you?? Pretty sure if he had his lights on you would ahve noticed and not keep cruising thru the neighborhood....LOL
I think they put that in the suspicious activity category.

Lets say you are driving down the street and a cop pulls out behind you and you take the very next turn. To them it looks like you may have turned to avoid them. That's where the suspicion comes in. Now if he is thinks it suspicious and follows you and you make another turn or a couple more turns, then they believe you are trying to elude and they have probable cause to stop you.

A lot of people that have been drinking will try this behavior to avoid being stopped, it can backfire on them in most cases.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #32
aban

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LS
I got pulled over at 10:50am. I was going 45 in a 35 zone weaving through cars when he got me. He asked me why i was speeding and me and my girlfriend both replied "going to mcdonalds for mcdonalds breakfast." I was rushing because it ends at 11 and i live about 15 min away. He lectured me saying "you were going to get a $100 speeding ticket for egg mcmuffin?" And all i could say was that I was hungry. So out of suprise he let me go, i make it to mcdonalds with 1 minute to spare and guess who i see coming out of the drive thru....the cop that pulled me over! LOL
aban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #33
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Quote:
haha i love some of the replies!
yea i dont understand were he got the "i thought you were trying to loose us" either...

i did tell him i was lost and explained what i was doing, and thats when he laughed "oohhhh so thats why you turned around twice and went in and out of that other complex"

when he threw the lights on i was 1 apartment over from hers so he just pointed and said "i think thats were you need to be... wished me luck on the date and got back in his car"

and yes shes very pretty, short dark hair "curvy" with one of those chizzled model faces (she thought that was funny)
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #34
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
so,was she worth it?
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #35
Finchman20

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT RS
This JUST happened to me too on Monday night!!... Me and my "friend" both got off work at midnight, and were gonna go watch a movie at my house... well the dvd was at her house, and she wanted to change clothes.. so i drop her off and decide to just drive around the block. Well 1 time around the block turned into 7, which turned into me creating my own maze in her neighborhood. I see car lights in my rearview, but thought nothing of it. Until he joined the maze with me, making every turn I made. Then i knew it was a cop. Finally she calls, and I'm on the main street with him right behind me. I was afraid to make one more turn, cuz I CANNOT get another ticket. I told her,"Well what do I do now, there's a cop right behind me, and been following me for the last 5 mins!" She didn't believe me. Until she saw me from her yard pass up her street with the cop right behind me lol I went down the road a little ways, and made a quick but legal turn into a parking lot, and he kept on going! So I go back to her house, and she's not outside!! so I drive around again for another 2-3 mins and she finally calls saying she's outside, so I head back to her house.. And as I'm about to make my turn onto her street, who do i pass coming from the opposite direction? Cop! He never stopped me thank god! but he did stop my heart lol and thats cuz im in a big ol white dodge pickup! 2 months from now, he will prolly stop me when i have the Camaro! But it'll be worth it to have the car of my dreams!
Finchman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #36
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
How about attention in a different way...I'm sort of new one to having an aggressive looking, and fast car, so in the 3 weeks that I had it, I've been challenged a good half a dozen times, or so. The latest incident unfolded like this:

I'm driving in the Camaro, and behind me is this SUV, and he's revving it, and weaving in and out of traffic. He's got these real annoying pipes, and I know he would be as slow as a boat, but he believes he's fast. And he wouldn't be show boating it if I wasn't right in front of him. I then signal to make a right, then proceed in making the right hand turn, he then continues on, while flooring it, throwing out some serious noise....

What the heck? He probably felt good in that he felt he beat out a "right-turning" Camaro. Why does this bother me? I know it shouldn't...but it did.

But then again, it might be me. Perhaps if I was driving a 4-cylinder, he'd done the same thing, right???? hmmm
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
yea his exact quote was "i thought you were trying to loose us" or something to that effect... in my head i thought "really?"
its a little suburb outside of the city so they make their money on every little ticket they can write... if i was the cop i would have known i was lost just by me turning around on a random block, pulling into some crazy church assisted living type complex and then turning in at the very next apartment complex... it was 2 younger cops so they kinda laughed about it thank god, but still i've had cops follow me before during the day when i was doing nothing wrong and shifting at 2K
i guess thats what you get for having a nice car and being young
Sounds like wishful thinking on the cops' part then. He probably saw that nice new Camaro turn around and thought 'come on, run from me, make me chase you, pleeeeaaaaase!!'
Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
It does bring attention... I was pulled over two weeks ago for my 20% tint... Owned vehicles for 20 yrs now and every one of them had 20% or darker and I have never been stopped in any of them till the Camaro! Sherriff officer.., let me off with a warning seeing my record was clean then tells me only troopers and county will check it, because the city doesn't have an ordinance on it but they do! I dont get how that figures out.. plus a friend in his Tiburon with 20% and a really obnoxious exhaust has never been stopped to this day! Damn Tiburon lol!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
[QUOTE=nvpliers;1749656][FONT=Verdana]How about attention in a different way...I'm sort of new one to having an aggressive looking, and fast car, so in the 3 weeks that I had it, I've been challenged a good half a dozen times, or so. [QUOTE]

I get that sometimes too - mainly the people who try to keep up with you or ride your a$$ so they can go home and feel tough for being stuck behind the slow Camaro - fools..
I also have people pull over to let me pass like I'm tailgating and weaving behind them - and I'm not even doing anything....I know my car looks mean (and I'm secretly wishing they could find their gas pedal) but I do not tailgate in this car...I don't want to hit anyone and screw up my car....
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #40
reefdiver

Drives: Cheverlot
You're lucky he didn't charge you with FFD.

Failure to follow directions! LOL
reefdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #41
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I think they put that in the suspicious activity category.

Lets say you are driving down the street and a cop pulls out behind you and you take the very next turn. To them it looks like you may have turned to avoid them. That's where the suspicion comes in. Now if he is thinks it suspicious and follows you and you make another turn or a couple more turns, then they believe you are trying to elude and they have probable cause to stop you.

A lot of people that have been drinking will try this behavior to avoid being stopped, it can backfire on them in most cases.
Translation: The cops can just make up whatever reason they want to pull you over. Thats been my experience anyway.

My singular experience was getting pulled over in college because supposedly a red car drove off without paying for gas somewhere in town. Really? Seriously? So were they going so fast all they got was the color from the blur? No make, no model, no nothing? At that point I knew it was all BS and he was just making stuff up "fishing." I was kind of a smartass and told him he was in for a long night stopping every red car in town.....

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #42
J3ffZ28

Drives: 2010 2ss blk white stripes camaro
i think he just wanted to take a better look at your car ;]
3000, Order accepted by production control:8/20/09
TPW: 9/14/09
3300, Order scheduled for production: 8/31/09
3400, Order broadcast 9/14/09
3800, Order produced 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship 9/22/09