Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #113
traderfjp

Drives: Audi A4
Enjoy the Vette. It's beautiful. Makes me think....
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #114
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderfjp View Post
Lets hope that Chevy fixed some of the problems that it had with its 1st generation cars.

Good luck with your Mustang. For me the styling is just OK and I see too many chicks driving them. I have to say that you did a good job selling the car. It makes me want to take a look.

Is this somehow a bad thing?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #115
traderfjp

Drives: Audi A4
Not at all. Enjoy your new car. I think it would be smart for anyone looking to buy a muscle car to check out all the options and then go from there.
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #116
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
I sold my ABM LT and bought a 1SS.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #117
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
I have owned all Gens of the Camaro, with the exception of the 4th. Out of them all I only regret selling my 1968 that was in showroom condition when I sold it 4 years ago. I took out the Turbo 350 and put in a M21 4 speed and it was a really good looking car. I traded my 2010 Camaro to buy a 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew. I enjoyed the Camaro but regretted buying Black from the 2nd day I owned it. I even sold my motorcycle to garage it but that did not solve my obsession with the dirty appearance 2 hours after washing. There were other issues like the clutch and I put in a tune which always had me worried about my warranty. In the end I paid 31400 plus TTT for the Camaro and they gave me 30,000 on trade. The F150 stickered at 39700 and after promotions and negotiations it was sold for 30,700 plus TTT. I miss the Camaro but do not regret selling it one bit since I constantly worried about its appearance and somebody vandalizing it.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #118
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Sold mine at almost no loss and bought a 2011 5.0 Mustang. Both are pictured in my sig below. After driving the SS for a year, I just had taken it to the dealer for numerous fixes that are the norm for a first model year car and it was almost time to buy 4 new tires as well which would have cost a lot for the SS. My SS had an AC compressor problem that would fluctuate in power and would have died shortly after 36,000 miles and not be covered.. The dealer wouldn't fix it until it broke which was silly. After three trips to the dealer, the nuts holding the spoiler up would still come loose even with lock-tight. Wind noise in the cabin at highway speeds got worse after about 6 months and the dealer tested it and said it was within specs. THe major problem was with the clutch which made a clanking sound upon release. I know now there is a TSB for it but there wasn't one back then apparently. Lot's of problems that I didn't want to deal with anymore. So at first I looked for a 2011 in cyber grey 2SS with orange seats...None in Florida so I test drove a GT 5.0 and fell in love with the solid build of the car and smooth shifting. The Mustang has not had a stop in production for a long while so the fit and finish of the vehicle is second to none. 8 new insulators making the cabin quieter was added to the 2011 5.0 which makes it so silent when you're inside, they needed a tube hooked up to the engine so you can hear it with the windows up.. Now that's quiet and makes the car feel like a more expensive German car. Couple that with an engine that is faster than my SS's and it feels faster as well since the car is lighter in the turns and I was sold. Now I've driven the 5.0 for about a month now and will be doing the review of it in comparison with my SS that it deserves. I just haven't had the time yet for it.. But that is why I traded in my Camaro SS after 1 years time of ownership..

My Mustang 5.0 has lumbar support which you can adjust to fit your back with a press of a button. A big plus since I had surgery on my lower back 10 years ago..
And it was this member that got me thinking....I read his previous post and went to test drive a 11 Mustang. It was nice but I just wanted something totally different..I love the truck and it just fits better for me.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #119
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
I have owned all Gens of the Camaro, with the exception of the 4th. Out of them all I only regret selling my 1968 that was in showroom condition when I sold it 4 years ago. I took out the Turbo 350 and put in a M21 4 speed and it was a really good looking car. I traded my 2010 Camaro to buy a 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew. I enjoyed the Camaro but regretted buying Black from the 2nd day I owned it. I even sold my motorcycle to garage it but that did not solve my obsession with the dirty appearance 2 hours after washing. There were other issues like the clutch and I put in a tune which always had me worried about my warranty. In the end I paid 31400 plus TTT for the Camaro and they gave me 30,000 on trade. The F150 stickered at 39700 and after promotions and negotiations it was sold for 30,700 plus TTT. I miss the Camaro but do not regret selling it one bit since I constantly worried about its appearance and somebody vandalizing it.
I have to say I was worried that just having the Camaro parked in my driveway that it would attract too much unwanted attention from would be burglars and the like. I do have a garage but it is filled up and I could never make room for the Camaro. Congrats on getting the 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew. What a beast of a truck. I almost ended up buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited but they did not have the blue color I wanted with the trim and accessories I was looking for so that didn't work out. In fact, I visited quite a few Jeep dealerships before test driving the GT I ended up buying. IN the end you have to get what fits you best at the time. A truck has numerous advantages over a muscle car for practical everyday use, like a Jeep. We both were early adopters of a Camaro SS and even with its faults, we both will miss driving it.. However like you, I feel I made the right choice and am very happy after a month of driving my GT
Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #120
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Sold mine at almost no loss and bought a 2011 5.0 Mustang. Both are pictured in my sig below. After driving the SS for a year, I just had taken it to the dealer for numerous fixes that are the norm for a first model year car and it was almost time to buy 4 new tires as well which would have cost a lot for the SS. My SS had an AC compressor problem that would fluctuate in power and would have died shortly after 36,000 miles and not be covered.. The dealer wouldn't fix it until it broke which was silly. After three trips to the dealer, the nuts holding the spoiler up would still come loose even with lock-tight. Wind noise in the cabin at highway speeds got worse after about 6 months and the dealer tested it and said it was within specs. THe major problem was with the clutch which made a clanking sound upon release. I know now there is a TSB for it but there wasn't one back then apparently. Lot's of problems that I didn't want to deal with anymore. So at first I looked for a 2011 in cyber grey 2SS with orange seats...None in Florida so I test drove a GT 5.0 and fell in love with the solid build of the car and smooth shifting. The Mustang has not had a stop in production for a long while so the fit and finish of the vehicle is second to none. 8 new insulators making the cabin quieter was added to the 2011 5.0 which makes it so silent when you're inside, they needed a tube hooked up to the engine so you can hear it with the windows up.. Now that's quiet and makes the car feel like a more expensive German car. Couple that with an engine that is faster than my SS's and it feels faster as well since the car is lighter in the turns and I was sold. Now I've driven the 5.0 for about a month now and will be doing the review of it in comparison with my SS that it deserves. I just haven't had the time yet for it.. But that is why I traded in my Camaro SS after 1 years time of ownership..
This is why I am going to put my money on Mustang
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #121
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
a v6 for 32...... i got my 1ss/rs for 31k....
my v6 was priced right at 30k, i got it for less than that due to the discount i recieved for working at cummins!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #122
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
another thing is that the secondary market is very screwed up. Some places people have been able to trade/sell their 2010 for 1-2k lower than new car price.

If you can do that, then trading up to the new year model or a different car makes a good bit of sense.
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #123
IcallitROOSTER

Drives: Black 2011Auto/v6 2LT/RS blackint
[quote]An LS is 23K at best... not 32. Even a loaded 1LT isn't 32K... and a base 2LT shouldn't be either.[quote]My 2lt/rs was $30,070 it has rs/sunroof/cargo mat, interior trim kit.
IcallitROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #124
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
a v6 for 32...... i got my 1ss/rs for 31k....
thats a lot of money but you must live at home with mommy and daddy.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #125
Livestrg05

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM
I bought a used 2010 1LT/RS and ultimately decided to get a used camaro because no one could come close to the price I wanted on a new 2010. I was told by the dealership I bought it from that the guy who owned it before me had a kid and traded it in for something cheaper and more economical.
Livestrg05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #126
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
im thinking of selling mine just because im bored with it already