Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #575
RavenZL1

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
And this is what GAP insurance is for.

Also why I said the dealer should have made it right in the beginning with a new identical car and had the customer agree that any compensation is the dealers. From either insurance company.

GAP insurance covers the difference between what the insurance is paying out on the car and what you still owe on your car loan. So if he owed 50K on his car loan and the insurance was going to give him 40, the GAP insurance would cover that extra 10K to pay off the loan. If he only owed 30K on the car, GAP insurance wouldn't kick in.

GAP insurance is generally for those that put little or nothing down on a car to help cover the immediate depreciation hit in case the car is totalled.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #576
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Can't believe this keeps getting more messed up and though GM may have no obligation this is a clear example of when they could be a great mediator and recieve some great PR for assisting a resolution in this matter. Best part is this is this can be classified two ways you have the criminal case because it was theft being the dealership was closed. The car owner should get a new car just from that then the civil case which he could actually come out on top with again. The owner needs to take some intelligent advice sit down with mr. hooper in front of a computer for 20 mins and let him put together his new ZL1 at what he payed for and transfer his loan recouping any discrepancy with the two so that it sits where he is now on payments. Now transfering the loan from a bank is a mess but the financial people at dealerships are jackals when it comes to this stuff s it's not some far out idea.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #577
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenZL1 View Post
GAP insurance covers the difference between what the insurance is paying out on the car and what you still owe on your car loan. So if he owed 50K on his car loan and the insurance was going to give him 40, the GAP insurance would cover that extra 10K to pay off the loan. If he only owed 30K on the car, GAP insurance wouldn't kick in.

GAP insurance is generally for those that put little or nothing down on a car to help cover the immediate depreciation hit in case the car is totalled.
Yes, I know that and so if the OP owed more than his insurance would cover then he'd be whole. We have not been told what the numbers are.

EDIT:

Going back and reading the OP it sounds like he paid for it cash? Trading his 5th Gen and selling a classic Camaro.

So, yes, GAP would not make sense in this case. I was thrown off when he said he's making payments on a Camaro that is wrecked. Probably had to finance a small amount after selling the other two cars.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #578
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenZL1 View Post

Exactly. GAP will not compensate Mr. Hooper for any equity he has in the car.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #579
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genob4c View Post
I'm not sure why somebody hasn't suggested this yet, but I think it's time for our Fbodfather to head that way with some black SUVs and get this taken care of. This is bad pub, not just for the dealer, but for Chevrolet and GM as a whole.

Geno
It's funny you write that, as I got the "FBODFATHER" aka Scott Settlemire involved in my C7 dispute with a dealer here.

As soon as he got involved, GM bought back the C7 !!! enough said!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #580
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW7 View Post
Justin, one big difference here vs. all the other examples you have listed is one giant one. The dealership was closed in this one unlike the others you posted. In those situations techs etc. drove vehicles during business hours. This one is absolutely different. In this case it is more a case of theft, no more no less.
This is actually a really good point. At that point though would the dealership be liable in this case? I mean from a perspective of if they where closed that is in fact stealing and the dealership would not be liable since it was their employee off hours commiting a felony. Thus making the empoylee liable? Granted the employee probably doesnt make near enough to afford a ZL1. That makes sense to me. I am by NO means a lawyer but logically speaking while I think about it that does make a little sense. Am I correct or incorrect in this thought?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #581
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I have been following this since it was first posted.
What keeps popping up in my mind is that the op shouldn't go after the dealership (even though they have the means to replace the car), but rather the crook (service writer) that stole the car. Because that is what happened, he stole that car with the intention of joy riding in it and never getting caught. Can't you go after him for damages? Shouldn't he be charged with auto theft?
He knew full well what he was doing.

Last edited by LuSe4; 01-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #582
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunSS View Post
I would pull the dealership through the mud !! Let all TV Programms ,newspapers and all the People know how they do their Business !!!

Absolutely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #583
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Heh. Got blocked from their Facebook page in record time. Gotta love their damage control team. At least they can afford that still.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #584
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I'm wondering why we haven't just started spamming their dealership with Phone calls on the subject to disrupt their business.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #585
BHW7

Drives: 2010 2SS
That is likely spot-on. It says several times it was stolen on a Sunday when the store was closed. Because of how this went down the real person the OP can go after is obviously the thief. The dealer seems to be in the middle of a mess not of their own doing by any stretch but the act of one rogue individual who acted on his own when the car was stolen.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #586
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Heh. Got blocked from their Facebook page in record time. Gotta love their damage control team. At least they can afford that still.
Yeap, got in there just in time to post the last comment
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #587
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I just left my own opinion on the matter in their Facebook page.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #588
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Yeap, got in there just in time to post the last comment

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1