#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #15
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Damn, thought I was the only one riding the crypto wave on here.

For those interested, I am stayin away from BTC. The structure of their blockchain application is a bit dated when you compare it to the likes of ETH and NEO. Seriosuly reconsider the hype of ripple. That is a PUMP and DUMP coin.

Look into ETH, but it will be a LONGGG term hold. 3-5 years and I think ETH will bypass BTC. A lot of respected financial analysts (even those who are skeptical) admit ETH could push 40-50k in in the next few years if regulation does not try to destroy this. It trades at 1,050 right now. Obviously, this is all contingent upon govts only taxing this and not completely attempting to outlaw it in China, Russia, Korea and the US. Japan is going knee deep into this and thats good news for us. I do NOT believe ETH is a short term hold. Long all day.

If you are looking for a potential short term payout (12-24 months) that could spike and moon look at DENT. It is a top 100 currency and has industrial application use in the telecommunication peer to peer market and it is ONLY trading on two exchanges. It is trading at more than 50% off its highs at below 4 cents, with a high of .10 just a few weeks ago before the big correction occurred.

It has a price forecase of .50 by year end with a 1-2 dollar forecast in the next 2-3 years. DENT is releasing an application for android in Feb/March and I expect more exchanges will pick it up later in the year as I believe its in the top 75 of market cap?

Otherwise, the "safest" bet is probably Ether (ETH)... but who wants safe?

I only have 5% of my portfolio in crypto, but I went heavy on DENT as the potential next heavy return if it gets on a few more exchanges. If DENT only hits 1 dollar I will have enough to pay my grad degree and mortage off..... If it gets on Bittrex or Binance its off to the races. Use COINBASE or any other wallet to get started, but do NOT trade on Coinbase. Fees are way too high.

If you guys are interested in learning more, I follow a few pretty knowledgeable dudes on reddit and rivals (college football forum). The guy I mimic went from 2k to 750k in the last 8 months. I tripled my original investment in about 30 days. Again, thats not to say this wont fail... but at least with US legislation taking tons of time to pass law, we should have enough warning signs if you guys pay attention and follow the forums. I know I have been lucky and I can lose it all at any time, but I went from looking at a ZL1 to know looking at holding another 12 months and pushing my mortgage and a 911 GT3 if forecasts are even half what some believe.
Yea, over time, I see this getting regulated, which means a less volatile market, meaning less gains over time. I'm trying to strike while it's hot.

I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm not a long term holder. I like Bitcoin for the fact that you can count on it dipping $500-$1000 in a day, then placing a buy order. Then, place a sale order at say $500 above your buy order. You don't make a killing, but that's a 5% gain. So, if you dump $100k on Bitcoin at let's say $11,000 and it goes up to $11,750 the same day, which it does all the time, you made $7k within a day. Sometimes within minutes. But I agree, it's a game. You are going to lose. haha. But, you have to bet big to win big. I'm still just playing around with $5k to $10k at a time and testing my skills. Today, I'm literally not even doing anything as every coin is down for the most part. Plus, I have my buy orders in on Bitcoin and Eth, so until those hit my buy order, my $ is tied up. Then, once they hit my sale order, I'll look at other coins that are pumping at that time. Cash out my profits, then move my $ to the coins that are moving. The hardest part is being satisfied. That is how I lost about $10k last week. haha. I wasn't satisfied. But, I've learned to just take profit and cash it out. Be happy with it. Even if it's $300 in a day.

This week has been like this. I cashed out $1800 on Monday. Bought more Litecoin and Eth on the down. Waiting for those funds to hit. Lost $10k on the crash. Made $500 on Fri and I'm up like $300 today. So, in a week, I'm down basically 8k. But, I bought a ton of Eth and Litecoin on the crash, so once that hits, I'm already gonna be up a good 20%, so I'll cash out my 20% gains, and keep my original investment in my account to day flip.

Eth is killing me. It's now under $1000. I bought at $1075 yesterday, have a sale order in at $1200, but I agree. Eth to me is going to be the big mover this year. Same with Bitcoin, I bought yesterday at $12,600 thinking it was going to push over $13k. Only to see it drop to $11,175.00 now. I have a sale order in at $13,000 so. I'm just waiting now. XRP to me is a super long term hold. I like Tron when it's moving as you can make a good 2-3% on any given day. Now, it's not even moving .5% daily.

I missed Verge last night. It went from .11 to .15 within a pump of about 1 hour. I missed it. Could of gone big.

Last edited by kttxz06; 01-21-2018 at 03:31 PM.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #16
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Those wheels may be “gorgy”, whatever that means, but I’d like to see the FEA on those spindly spokes before I’d put them on my hot rod.
"gorgy" = gorgeous.

I don't worry about those things considering they make wheels that are being put on 1000+ HP GTR's and Lambo's so. My measly 750 hp is nothing.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:17 AM   #17
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Yea, over time, I see this getting regulated, which means a less volatile market, meaning less gains over time. I'm trying to strike while it's hot.

I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm not a long term holder. I like Bitcoin for the fact that you can count on it dipping $500-$1000 in a day, then placing a buy order. Then, place a sale order at say $500 above your buy order. You don't make a killing, but that's a 5% gain. So, if you dump $100k on Bitcoin at let's say $11,000 and it goes up to $11,750 the same day, which it does all the time, you made $7k within a day. Sometimes within minutes. But I agree, it's a game. You are going to lose. haha. But, you have to bet big to win big. I'm still just playing around with $5k to $10k at a time and testing my skills. Today, I'm literally not even doing anything as every coin is down for the most part. Plus, I have my buy orders in on Bitcoin and Eth, so until those hit my buy order, my $ is tied up. Then, once they hit my sale order, I'll look at other coins that are pumping at that time. Cash out my profits, then move my $ to the coins that are moving. The hardest part is being satisfied. That is how I lost about $10k last week. haha. I wasn't satisfied. But, I've learned to just take profit and cash it out. Be happy with it. Even if it's $300 in a day.

This week has been like this. I cashed out $1800 on Monday. Bought more Litecoin and Eth on the down. Waiting for those funds to hit. Lost $10k on the crash. Made $500 on Fri and I'm up like $300 today. So, in a week, I'm down basically 8k. But, I bought a ton of Eth and Litecoin on the crash, so once that hits, I'm already gonna be up a good 20%, so I'll cash out my 20% gains, and keep my original investment in my account to day flip.

Eth is killing me. It's now under $1000. I bought at $1075 yesterday, have a sale order in at $1200, but I agree. Eth to me is going to be the big mover this year. Same with Bitcoin, I bought yesterday at $12,600 thinking it was going to push over $13k. Only to see it drop to $11,175.00 now. I have a sale order in at $13,000 so. I'm just waiting now. XRP to me is a super long term hold. I like Tron when it's moving as you can make a good 2-3% on any given day. Now, it's not even moving .5% daily.

I missed Verge last night. It went from .11 to .15 within a pump of about 1 hour. I missed it. Could of gone big.
Ok im now hooked! Where should I go to trade this crypto currency? Is coinbase any good? Thanks in advanced, any and all help is greatly appreciated
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #18
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
Ok im now hooked! Where should I go to trade this crypto currency? Is coinbase any good? Thanks in advanced, any and all help is greatly appreciated
Haha. Hooked already huh? lol. Coinbase is the start. You have to get approved I believe. There are multiple exchanges you'll need to get approved for as well and that might take some time. I personally use Binance. So, once you are approved, you can start purchasing and moving your $ around. I'd recommend a cold storage wallet as well to keep your coins in, but only once you start going big. I only store my big amount coins in my wallet. But, when I day flip, I just keep my $ on the exchange.

I'm taking another bath right now on Bitcoin and Eth. It's been 3 days and I still haven't hit my sale order so. Just tells u sometimes this game really sux. Looks like we are on another correction today.

Others can chime in. I don't want you taking just my word for it cus we all do it different ways.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #19
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
If you have money to play with, crypto is an "ok" gamble - nothing more. I know crypto fans will start spewing hate hearing that, but it's the absolute truth. Put aside the coolness factor, tech-speak and the belief that you are on the inside of the "next big thing" - and all you have is question marks. No one knows how this will all play out.

I have a buddy of mine that was bragging about his gains for months at lunch, trying to get us all into it. He kept putting more and more of his savings in, getting more confident - and then he just lost nearly all of it in the past 3 weeks. Cooooool!

Like any other get rich quick scheme - it might work out for a handful of people, but I foresee this trend costing a lot of people their life's savings.

Be careful.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #20
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
If you have money to play with, crypto is an "ok" gamble - nothing more. I know crypto fans will start spewing hate hearing that, but it's the absolute truth. Put aside the coolness factor, tech-speak and the belief that you are on the inside of the "next big thing" - and all you have is question marks. No one knows how this will all play out.

I have a buddy of mine that was bragging about his gains for months at lunch, trying to get us all into it. He kept putting more and more of his savings in, getting more confident - and then he just lost nearly all of it in the past 3 weeks. Cooooool!

Like any other get rich quick scheme - it might work out for a handful of people, but I foresee this trend costing a lot of people their life's savings.

Be careful.
That's true. Agreed completely. Holy crap on your friend. Yep, I've heard many a many stories like that. Look, I learned my lesson already. I didn't lose much, but I did lose $10k last week and it wasn't cool.

On the flip, you can't deny the opportunities. You either lose or you win in this game. It's quite simple honestly. I try to keep it simple. Just like stock. Buy low, sell high. Sometimes you wait, sometimes you make your $ in 1 hour. I'm waiting 3 days so far to get my sale order to hit. I've made nothing so far. If anything, I'm losing as it's way down today, but I'll never pull out cus I know it's going back up. When? Who freaking knows. haha. But, when it does go back up, I take my profit to the bank and play the game all over again. I got greedy, I won't lie. But, I've learned after that $10k to just chill the fuk out and let it ride. If it takes a week to hit my sale order, so be it. It takes a week. If longer, so be it.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #21
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post

Be careful.
That's another point. Was talking to a business friend of mine who is deep into this stuff. He's made millions, but he got in on Bitcoin back in the day. And he knows a ton of people in it. He doesn't know of any other crypto millionaires in his group so. It's rarified air. If you go on YouTube, you'd think everyone was rich. haha.

Me personally, I'm doing it for some extra coin right now, then I'm going to be doing it full time sometime this year once my company sells.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #22
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
That sir is what is keeping me up at night. haha. Matt Sorian says there is only one place in Houston he'd let touch these wheels, so it's going to be an all day trip to get them mounted. Then, I have to get it aligned so.

Springs are going on this coming up week. Going to drop the car first, then put the wheels on. Hopefully by the end of the month, it's done.

I added my meth kit, re-tuned. Got 747 at the wheels so I'm cool for now. It's gonna look good and hold it's own on the streets. I went out last night and put the beat down on a few Mustangs. Went home happy.
What are you planning to mount on them for tires? I'm putting down similar power and ran MT drag radials in back last year with pilot super sports up front. I really want get rid of my DR's and go with a handling tire, but I don't think there's anything out there in that category that can grip with that much power.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #23
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
What are you planning to mount on them for tires? I'm putting down similar power and ran MT drag radials in back last year with pilot super sports up front. I really want get rid of my DR's and go with a handling tire, but I don't think there's anything out there in that category that can grip with that much power.
So far, the Goodyears are holding up. I honestly don't think my power is enough to break the tires loose. Again, i do alot of roll racing so. I'll never see a track. I can see it happening at the 800 hp mark, but for now, it's holding pretty good. I don't need DRs right now. Now, would they help a bit more? Of course, but I'm not spinning, so no need to upgrade at the moment. Once I get serious, then yes, I'll upgrade and go with some Welds and a DR out back when I'm out beating the streets up.

Looks like you are running the same #'s I am. You having issues with traction cus I'm not. I mean, it might kick out a bit, but I usually just stay in the throttle and it straightens out.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #24
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
So far, the Goodyears are holding up. I honestly don't think my power is enough to break the tires loose. Again, i do alot of roll racing so. I'll never see a track. I can see it happening at the 800 hp mark, but for now, it's holding pretty good. I don't need DRs right now. Now, would they help a bit more? Of course, but I'm not spinning, so no need to upgrade at the moment. Once I get serious, then yes, I'll upgrade and go with some Welds and a DR out back when I'm out beating the streets up.

Looks like you are running the same #'s I am. You having issues with traction cus I'm not. I mean, it might kick out a bit, but I usually just stay in the throttle and it straightens out.
Oh no I'm not breaking loose or anything - I just missing carving up some farm roads with the car. My car's probably never going to see a track either and I've had my fun launching it and got bored with that already. I'm never going to get bored of making a Mustang read my vanity plate though lol. Was hoping I could find an R compound tire like the MT DR's that could also handle corners better.

From what I understand the Goodyear's can't hack it over 650rw...are you feathering the throttle when you take off or do you mash it to all the way to the floor?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 01-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #25
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Oh no I'm not breaking loose or anything - I just missing carving up some farm roads with the car. My car's probably never going to see a track either and I've had my fun launching it and got bored with that already. I'm never going to get bored of making a Mustang read my vanity plate though lol. Was hoping I could find an R compound tire like the MT DR's that could also handle corners better.

From what I understand the Goodyear's can't hack it over 650rw...are you feathering the throttle when you take off or do you mash it to all the way to the floor?
Balls out man. Then again, i don't run from a dig. I admit my launching capabilities will prob make me lose a race. I def need a driver mod. I don't suck, but I know my place. Then again, all I need is practice so. If I could spend the whole day at the track, I'd get it down so.

I heard the R888Rs? I heard those are the tire to go to, I might try those as my next set. I know nobody mentions them, but I've been looking at the Dunlops. I mean, those tires come stock on most Aston Martins, Lambos, and Ferrari's. According to Dunlop of course.

But so far, I love the Goodyears. They seem to be hooking fine for me so.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #26
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Balls out man. Then again, i don't run from a dig. I admit my launching capabilities will prob make me lose a race. I def need a driver mod. I don't suck, but I know my place. Then again, all I need is practice so. If I could spend the whole day at the track, I'd get it down so.

I heard the R888Rs? I heard those are the tire to go to, I might try those as my next set. I know nobody mentions them, but I've been looking at the Dunlops. I mean, those tires come stock on most Aston Martins, Lambos, and Ferrari's. According to Dunlop of course.

But so far, I love the Goodyears. They seem to be hooking fine for me so.
Yup, the R's are on my short list, but I've heard mixed things about the Toyo's though. I've been doing some research in between work today. I'll check out the Dunlop's as well, thanks. There's a site I've got in my browser history at home that had all of the tires broken out by rubber compound that I need to check again...hopefully there's something new out. Unfortunately I don't have an ELSD so I may be stuck with the DR's. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #27
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #28
Busted43

Drives: 2018 zl1,A10,16 GLC300