Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #211
Compunerd

Drives: 2011 1LT SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Did your LT come with badges? Mine didn't.
No, it didn't, but aftermarket badges do exist. There are forum members who have them on their cars.

But the LT badge I was talking about in my prior post was on a Gen4 that actually DID come with LT badges. The owner added SS badges along WITH the LT badges.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #212
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthinds View Post
My wife caught this one the other day and took this shot for me.
It looks like a 4 year old wrote that "WS6" on there with a crayon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Wow!

9 pages...

I added a Hurst equipped badge in place of my rear SS badge... Am I posing?

Eventually, I'll have SLPs Redline wheels on my car... Is that posing?

I have a cam, heads and full exhaust; now my car sounds like a race car... Is that posing?
Does your car have a Hurst Shifter?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #213
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Wow!

9 pages...

I added a Hurst equipped badge in place of my rear SS badge... Am I posing?

Eventually, I'll have SLPs Redline wheels on my car... Is that posing?

I have a cam, heads and full exhaust; now my car sounds like a race car... Is that posing?
Only if you use the "ZL" center caps.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #214
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I added the headlight and taillights. I already have black door molding. So mine is now an RS and no one is telling me otherwise. . My SS's are orange though

Do you gave staggered wheels?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #215
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
It depends for me what was done to the car. If you put the RS package on it after buying it then I dont see the problem with wearing the RS badge. If you have a stock V6 and put SS on it ya thats kinda stupid. >.< If you have an SS/RS and take off the SS and replace it with the RS then its a sleeper and I personally think sleepers are cool.
I have rebadged a car before. And yes it made one guy my husband worked with all ticked off over it. Do i care? Nope. My husband always wanted a Trans Am with a WS6 package so while he was in afghanistan I turned his regular Trans Am into a "WS6" by adding the components that were in the original package. Of course I used some aftermarket upgraded parts. The new emblem on the back I had custom made to say WS6: Last of the Breed for him to make him happy. Only one person has ever complained and the only reason he knows it wasn't born a WS6 is because my husband told him. Personally I just think he's upset because he got shafted on the price of his OEM WS6 that ended up needing several thousand in repairs and my modified version whips his butt hee hee hee. :P
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #216
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
I'm gonna buy a v6, slap a pony & gt50,000 on the back a viper logo on the hood, bently grille, ferrari center caps, and a high wing subaru spoiler and plaster pictures all over the place along with my kill stories.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #217
CUONCRS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS/RS
IMO....

Posing is upbadging, without the mods to do so. The C6 with a bunch of mods and a supercharger added is still not a ZR1. You might even make it faster than a ZR1, but don't badge it as one. If you want to put the ZR1 badge with a red circle and line through it, or start adding ZR1 badges for each one you beat at the strip, dogfight style, go for it. But you shouldn't mis-represent a car on purpose.

A few cars ago, I found a 94 Corvette LT1 for sale that had "some mods" to it, and the poser badged it as an LT4. I just walked away laughing.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #218
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Well that cements it, tomorrow I am rebadging the camaro as a corvette. Think I'll fool many people?
You didnt know?

I have a Chevy 458 Italia Spyder RS

lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #219
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
You didnt know?

I have a Chevy 458 Italia Spyder RS

lol

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #220
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I'm gonna buy a v6, slap a pony & gt50,000 on the back a viper logo on the hood, bently grille, ferrari center caps, and a high wing subaru spoiler and plaster pictures all over the place along with my kill stories.
you'd cause some serious..."mayhem"
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #221
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
lol
Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #222
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
you ever run into fakes?
Yeah, but I lke'em..............I guess I just like'em big wither they're fakel or not!................Oh!............My bad!............Was this thread about some other kind of fakes?
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #223
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I never understand why people are worried about what others are doing to their cars. Last I checked, this is still America. If they aren't hurting anyone then let them be. Who cares if the guy/gal puts, "Boosted by NASA" on the hood.

This argument makes about as much sense as those who want to tell you what to do with your own body.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #224
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Lots of asshats pretending their SS's are ZL1's too.

Closed Thread

Tags
stop scaring the women away