Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
JustinTXranger

Drives: 2010 Black LS3
Installed BMR adjustable trailing arms

Just got my BMR adjustable trailing arms in today and I decided to go ahead and put them on. I've also ordered the Full bushing kit, pro version, and some adjustable toe rods, and even though it probably would've been easier to install everything at once, I went ahead and put in the trailing arms to hold me over until the rest gets here.

The install was quick and easy. Only took me about half an hour, and most of that time was spent looking for the correct socket in the lube center I work at. But it was a very straight forward installation and the instructions BMR sends with the parts are very easy to understand and go through.

After the install I took the car for a little test drive in the parking lot next door. I honestly didn't think that one part could make such a difference. I did a small clutch drop in first at 15mph (was a little worried to go any harder at first), and absolutely no wheel hop. Then on the way back to the shop, I decide do a little drifting, and if you look at the the picture of the parking lot, the tire marks actually started at the far right of the light pole, and once again NO WHEEL HOP!

Overall I'm extremely pleased, and surprised by, BMR's trailing arm. Great Product and I can't wait to get the rest of the parts I ordered in!
Attached Images

2010 1SS/RS, muffler delete, K&N cold air intake, too be continued.......
JustinTXranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
JustinTXranger

And btw props to Kyle from BMR for helping me out with what parts to choose for my car. If your looking to do some suspension work on your car and have some questions, you should definitely give him a call.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
+1. Suspension work is often over looked. Kyle at BMR is a great guy. We're glad to carry their products. Top notch stuff.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Congrats!

This will just be the start of your BMR purchases. It never ends....

See those nasty stock black LCAs, they will soon be replaced with a set of nice clean red adjustable LCAs.
Attached Images

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTXranger View Post
And btw props to Kyle from BMR for helping me out with what parts to choose for my car. If your looking to do some suspension work on your car and have some questions, you should definitely give him a call.
No problem Justin I am glad we were able to get you taken care of. If you ever need anything else let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
+1. Suspension work is often over looked. Kyle at BMR is a great guy. We're glad to carry their products. Top notch stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
Congrats!

This will just be the start of your BMR purchases. It never ends....

See those nasty stock black LCAs, they will soon be replaced with a set of nice clean red adjustable LCAs.
Thanks for all the good words guys. If anybody needs anything or has any questions I am always more than happy to help them out even if it is on products other than ours.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Holy crapola!!! I have been running my L99 at the strip for 2 full years and never experienced axle hop/tramp in a Gen5. it consistently ran low 1.9/high 1.8s on stock Perellis and 12.4s @ 111s, but.....I traded it for an LS3 and ran it for baselines last night at MIR Memphis and can't believe the axle tramp problem...it's horrendous! So, BMR guys is this thread the right fix for the problem and how much do the adjustable trailing arms cost. I'm reluctant to install further power adders until I get this fixed.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Looks good Justin- congrats!

Last edited by ActNup NY; 04-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #8
JustinTXranger

Should be picking up my suspension bushings and adjustable toe rods at about 8am for the UPS ops facility. Really excited to see how much of a difference everything will make if just the trailing arms did so much.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Holy crapola!!! I have been running my L99 at the strip for 2 full years and never experienced axle hop/tramp in a Gen5. it consistently ran low 1.9/high 1.8s on stock Perellis and 12.4s @ 111s, but.....I traded it for an LS3 and ran it for baselines last night at MIR Memphis and can't believe the axle tramp problem...it's horrendous! So, BMR guys is this thread the right fix for the problem and how much do the adjustable trailing arms cost. I'm reluctant to install further power adders until I get this fixed.
Trailing arms are definitely the first mod to perform when targeting wheelhop specifically. We have multiple versions but are not allowed to post pricing on the forums. Follow the link below to get pricing on our trailing arms:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=77&catid=227

Also, don't forget to upgrade your outer bushings as well. They can be viewed HERE.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
JustinTXranger

Look what I got in this morning! I have one class I have to go to today then it's off to my work to get my car up on a lift and put these in!
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTXranger View Post
Look what I got in this morning! I have one class I have to go to today then it's off to my work to get my car up on a lift and put these in!
Get those parts installed and let us know how they work out for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable, arms, bmr, ls3, trailing