Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Bumblebee SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Arrow Fastlane Turbo Kit Review

So here’s my review on Fastlane’s Stage4 Single Turbo Kit.
I had picked this kit over other turbo kits for the 5th gen Camaros. Looking at the kit I liked how it sat in the engine bay real nice and clean, dyno sheet showed nice steady power through the RPM range, and was told that they are a reputable shop. I called up and ordered the kit from Mike at Fastlane. From my experience with talking to a lot of the employees there, Mike was the one who always helped and returned emails. I received the kit it pieces, one box had the boost piping and exhaust piping, another had oil pluming, bov, wastegate, and injectors. Setting everything down in the shop I noticed I was missing the following: intercooler(Mike told me it was backordered and will ship asap), oil catch can and breather, or ANY hardware. I called up and told them what was missing, by that time I got the tracking number for the intercooler(very fast on getting that out), oil catch can they said they were sorry and will ship it out, and as for the hardware, well I got transferred to their guy that puts the kit together and apologized for that, Meanwhile I couldn’t wait any longer for bolts and washers to be sent out, so about $80 worth of hardware I bought. That’s where it all started going downhill. Putting the kit on the car I noticed the changes in the advertised kit in the picture below to what I actually got.

I got the kit with the understanding it wasn’t an open dump wastegate setup, got the kit and it’s an open dump so now I have to make piping for it to dump into the exhaust. Continuing the exhaust install I noticed that there was no rear o2 sensor bungs welded as the picture shows. They also added a flex pipe to the turbo manifold. Now getting onto the boost piping; the bracket that holds the intercooler to the car had to be fabricated to bolt onto the car no matter which way I put it. The boost piping was an extremely tight fit but is very nice on the fabrication. Now onto the fuel injectors, this is where I got extremely mad, when I ordered the kit I ordered it with 65lbs injectors, come to find out the hard way on the dyno that I had 50-55lbs injectors. I called you and never got a call back, a total of 6 messaged I had left. So after that I sent an email to Nick and Mike explaining that I spend a lot of money on this kit and nothing was like was advertised and was missing about $300+ worth of miscellaneous parts and hardware. Finally got an email back about the injectors. Spending all this money on the kit and having all these problems they told me to PAY them 550 for the 65lbs injectors that I ordered and didn’t receive and will refund me the money when they get the 50lbs injectors back. I don’t have that kind of money nor can I be down a car to send their wrong injectors back. After that I was told they will get back to me and 3 weeks go buy and still nothing. I’m tired of playing the tag game and using all my time to just try and get a hold of them via email or phone. After I got the kit and they got their money, customer service was terrible and trying to get a hold of anyone was a joke. I still have the turbo kit on the car and fixed all that was wrong. Will not be getting anything from them again or recommend this kit to anyone after this experience. I had bought a bolt on kit and it turned into more finding my once hardware and adding what wasn’t on the kit.

Originally Posted by speedmon
But I would let Bumblebee install a Turbo on my car any day.....
So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Bumblebee SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Thats sucks but Wrong section for this post.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
9072SS/RS

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS RS
That really sucks people sell items and post a pic advertising their product to find out you don't get what they put in their pic. Bad business. Maybe they expect everyone that buys from them to just eat like you did when it ships to your door, they were probably too busy dealing with other customers who felt like they were getting shafted on false advertising and wrong parts shipped.

Thanks for posting and hope you get taken care of on your issues the correct way.
9072SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Well to help you keep it here, how does it perform? Other than having small injectors does it spool ok?

It sux when a company treats you that way, I have had that happen to me in the diesel peformance world.
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Yea I almost got tied up with that "BUNCH"..couple of years ago.They would send emails two weeks later.....sorry bout your bad experience with them sounds like you got your car heading in the right direction..Ok mods you can move it now
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
I don't know why clowns like this don't understand the power of the internet.....absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully they won't sell another kit ever.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
i would consider legal actions... thats not right terrible business ethics.
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Sorry Mike that sucks I can relate bro
Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Bumblebee SS

It makes good power, just got done with the bugs and what not. Spools really good though, full spool around 2700

So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Awesome! You got screwed by a aftermarket guy but you improvised and pushed through to completion! Thats a good feeling, right?

Full spool at 2700? thats great too!
How much Boost is it pushing?

Is it tuned for WOT yet?

In the future....get a parts list in writing before you buy, cuz this is what you are buying. Always pay by credit card. If it shows up short (or substituted) send it back and reverse the charge....it that easy.

But now you have installed you can tune it.......
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Thats sucks but Wrong section for this post.
Why is this wrong section?

A turbo is forced induction and we should hear about "challenges" on the road to success, especially when he framed the content as kind of a consumers head up warning.

Many of the threads hear in this section are progressive builds....and it sounds like his is progressing. He flippin installed an incomplete turbo system and got it to run.....I think he needs support and encouragement, not GO AWAY you're in the wrong section.

Bumblebee you are my hero!

Push on and post the dyno results!

I'd like to see more close up pcitures of the hot side routing to the turbo.
And what kind of turbo is it?
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
Why is this wrong section?

A turbo is forced induction and we should hear about "challenges" on the road to success, especially when he framed the content as kind of a consumers head up warning.

Many of the threads hear in this section are progressive builds....and it sounds like his is progressing. He flippin installed an incomplete turbo system and got it to run.....I think he needs support and encouragement, not GO AWAY you're in the wrong section.

Bumblebee you are my hero!

Push on and post the dyno results!

I'd like to see more close up pcitures of the hot side routing to the turbo.
And what kind of turbo is it?
I was not telling him to go away. I just said this isn't seller/vendor reviews All this does is make a mod have to move it. There is a reason the forum has certain sections. I wasn't being an a** about it so don't quote me thanks.

Last edited by JLE58; 06-10-2012 at 12:25 AM.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
I think this will be ok if we talk about the install and results along with what happened
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Bumblebee SS

so far i made 581rwhp on 5psi. and im not advertising anyhting. This is a boost forum and i though people would like to know my experience on a product before they spend 6xxx plus on their car. Its a nice setup but there were alot of ploblems that people should know about

Tags
fastlane, fastlane turbo, fastlaneturbo, fastlaneturbo review, fastlaneturbo.com