Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
HHR ride

My friend's Silverado was in the shop and they gave him a HHR LT and i have to say,that little car was hauling some ass. I was very impressed by how powerful and nice sounding the base(?) engine was. The rest of the car was okay,the interior was barely passable,but that car would move.
Has anyone driven the LT? I'm just shocked at how good it felt. I bet the SS must be a beast.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
ive driven it... its got punch but your gonna be very impressed with the SS if your this excited over the HHR.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i was driving yesterday and heard a whistly whine vroom past me. i looked around, and to my surprise, it was an HHR/SS! that sure gave me a little more respect for the car!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
I had an '06 HHR 2LT...would have held on to it, but my wife get smacked hard in the back end with it when it was only 3 months old. The dealership fixed it, but I decided to turn it in at the end of the lease. I have had problems with previous vehicles that had major collision repair and started falling apart in years following.

I was impressed by the power and the features for the price. Fit and finish was very good.

I heard the SS is a screamer!
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
My friend's Silverado was in the shop and they gave him a HHR LT and i have to say,that little car was hauling some ass. I was very impressed by how powerful and nice sounding the base(?) engine was. The rest of the car was okay,the interior was barely passable,but that car would move.
Has anyone driven the LT? I'm just shocked at how good it felt. I bet the SS must be a beast.
It was probably the 2.4, the 2.2 is a dog.. I have a 2.4 and it goes very well..and gets 30+ MPG on the highway and I get around 24 to 26 just driving around here to work and back.... and I could just Imagine what an SS would do ...
Old 03-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I've driven the HHR SS, and it's a fun car. I thought the 3/4 panel version in an SS would be pretty cool (if they make that combo?).
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
This car is interesting because it has succeeded whereas the SSR (hot rod truck) did not. Wonder why. My friend is always saying how HHR owners thought it would be so cool to drive the Dick Tracy car and then regret it within a week.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote