Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #295
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Nathan, when can we get a sneak peek at the 90 degree boots you're going to put over your injector connectors?
Blazzin, I'm going to check the mail, if it there, I post pics. If not I should have them in the next day or so.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #296
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
def ,time consuming tedious work...are you doing this by hand or using a buffer wheel also...
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #297
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
def ,time consuming tedious work...are you doing this by hand or using a buffer wheel also...
Mike, I did it all you could say by hand. I took a sheet of 120 grit and taped it a work bench This way it wouldn't move. Than I ran the flat part back and forth till I got rid of everything. If you look at the stock part, it had about four different counters. I keep sand til it was one flat surface. Than I repeated the process with 320, 400, 600. Next, I used the "gray" scotch brite which is the equivalent on say 400 to finish it off.

Tip, playing music in the back round help get into a rhythm and your not focused on the tediousness as much. Kinda like doing cardio workout on a treadmill.

The nooks and crannies I had to do by hand to get in there. Didn't take pics. I try getting some action shots when I do the alternator bracket.

The way I see it, it's something that will take a few hours but, if it's a one time deal and its done, than what the hey... You enjoy the results every time you pop the hood. So it better than going to a movie because you spend the sometime but you only enjoy it once. PPlus you get the cardio workout, LOL.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #298
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo8888 View Post
...anyone aware if the rotofab radiator cover will fit the CAI intake?
Seriously.....LOL, you must be joking somebody asked exactly the same question yesterday and it was answer on post #292. Than they deleted it after 572HP answered it. The first time on post # 177 by brantley847 and deleted after Rotofab answered it. (see Below).

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by John5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Yes, I ran that combination. No problems at all. Fit perfectly. I'm not running the radiator cover right now, and I couldn't find a picture of it from before.

Nathan, OMG!!! That bracket is beautiful! You could make some money polishing out parts...not that you would want to, I'm sure. Are you going to clear-coat the aluminum so that it stays looking that way?

Last edited by Moreno1; 02-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #299
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Nathan, any clearcoat on that alternator bracket when you finished it? Also did the pulley have to be removed or not to get the bolts out?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #300
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Nathan, any clearcoat on that alternator bracket when you finished it? Also did the pulley have to be removed or not to get the bolts out?
Paul, I didn't need to pull the pulley to remove the bracket. I did get the tool to remove it but that will be to detail the actual pump. I'm painting the reservoir tank in a satin black and the pump perhaps in a textured black to give it some contras. I'm not sure if I'll leave the bracket in a natural finish or anodize it black or gray. It will depend after I do the water pump and alternator and alternator bracket and what color I powder coat the intake. Still deciding on colors. I got the intake clam shell yesterday from the powder coater. We were using it as a test panel. The finish was texture black and I'm glad we did the test because I didn't like it. I'm leaning towards a “Jet Anthracite” for the intake. It's a little falter than "Gun Metal" l think it would complement the high tech - mechanical look I'm shooting for. Will see....... will be doing another test panel.

Here's a pic. Please, any thoughts or input are definitely welcome.

Last edited by Moreno1; 02-09-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #301
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
So my newest present came in the mail yesterday - polished evap line.
Sure looks like a coolant tube to me lol.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #302
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
Sure looks like a coolant tube to me lol.
is that the technical name? I'm not going to lie, I refer to parts, as well as some of my tools, as "thingy"
Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #303
Synner

Drives: cars
Tough to judge a color over the internet but my personal taste favors some contrast but a consistent theme. Everything a single color is just as bad as everything being a different color. I like the gun metals with some metal flake in them and probably a bit on the lighter shade as it gives them more depth than the darker toned ones. But consider the car as a whole and be consistent with the theme and what fits the body color.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #304
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Tough to judge a color over the internet but my personal taste favors some contrast but a consistent theme. Everything a single color is just as bad as everything being a different color. I like the gun metals with some metal flake in them and probably a bit on the lighter shade as it gives them more depth than the darker toned ones. But consider the car as a whole and be consistent with the theme and what fits the body color.
Synner thanks for the feedback. I agree, it is tough judging colors 's online. Thats why a greatly appreciate Mike at http://thepowdercoater.com/ working with me on test panels. It sounds like your taste is similar to mine. I also like a little contrast to make it interesting. As long as its within the same theme. Having a monochrome look gets kinda bland and boring.

Part of the reason I'm addressing the intake is because after removing the clam shell, you have these flat spots on each running that look funky. I think some shade of gray will compliment the valve covers and brake up the black from the throttle body, coupler and air intake. Will see. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and judge whether you like it or not afterwards, LOL.

Last edited by Moreno1; 02-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #305
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Synner thanks for the feedback. I agree, it is tough judging colors 's online. Thats why a greatly appreciate Mike at http://thepowdercoater.com/ working with me on test panels. It sounds like your taste is similar to mine. I also like a little contrast to make it interesting. As long as its within the same theme. Having a monochrome look gets kinda bland and boring.

Part of the reason I'm addressing the intake is because after removing the clam shell, you have these flat spots on each running that look funky. I think some shade of gray will compliment the valve covers and brake up the black from the throttle body, coupler and air intake. Will see. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and judge whether you like it or not afterwards, LOL.
Nathan, Mike does excellent work as I'm sure you know. I was just over there last weekend dropping off some parts and picking them back up. He did my calipers, throttle body, and a whipple pulley bracket. Great guy that pays attention to detail!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #306
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
One of the best posts in the V8 section. Definitely needs to be stickied or highlighted in some manner.

This shows that even just some time and effort can be used to make a huge difference.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #307
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
One of the best posts in the V8 section. Definitely needs to be stickied or highlighted in some manner.

This shows that even just some time and effort can be used to make a huge difference.

I agree. I follow this thread daily.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #308
stangkilr

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
OP, looks real nice man!
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote