Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #15
Greenspock

Drives: 2SS/RS Black/black
Amen songsj.
Greenspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #16
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
the reason most is not goughing anymore is because it's almost winter and the dealers are tyring to get the cars off of their lots
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #17
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Customer orders are getting filled, dealer lots have cars on them now, and cold weather is coming. If someone paid over msrp they were dumb I said it months ago and now they realize they spent to much.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #18
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Still a 2 month wait in this area and the dealers that have them are jacking the prices up 5-7K. I went a whole 40 miles out of town and got it for 1500 under MSRP...
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
bobscogin

Drives: 2016 Challenger R/T, 1965 Impala SS
Economics 101. The supply curve and demand curve have intersected.

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #20
Days75

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS A6
http://orrtoyotaofsearcy.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=2603696

Currently going strong on the gouging in Arkansas.
Days75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #21
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
4 dealerships in my area sre still asking above MSRP for the Camaro this is why I was all set to travel to Michigan to get my Camaro at MSRP + GMS+ 60-day cash when at the last minute a dealership 2.5 hours away agreed to sell as above.

Sean
Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #22
5thgencamaro11
The Need for Speed!

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Days75 View Post
http://orrtoyotaofsearcy.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=2603696

Currently going strong on the gouging in Arkansas.
stay away from them 30k+ for plain lt no rs rip off

A6 /High Wing Spoiler / Black Rally Stripes/ Side Hockey Stripes
5thgencamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Some people don't forget though.....That's why we didn't play games and were the first on this forum to say MSRP or Less, and that we honor all GM discounts.

I've met and became friends with people from all over the USA - and it's made this job fun. I've been excited about this car for years, I've been here a while, and for the last two years have focused mostly on the Camaro. While I have been answering questions the last two years, I have lost many sales on the lot - but it didn't bother me much, I enjoyed doing what I was doing. Many times answering questions from people who ordered elsewhere...

But now I have 99.9% of the Camaro Sales out of our dealership, and my co-workers know it was a long road but are impressed by the hard work I put in, and by the friendships of those who bought here, as well as those special friends that stopped by the dealership from all over the USA, who followed my posts over the last year + .

Some sales staff now focus on the new Equinox....and right now, it is hotter than the Camaro - but you just can't get enough of them! Sure, I sell them too, but my main focus in on Chevy Performance cars - Camaro and Corvette. I'd like to think it gives me an edge.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #24
Lt16spSS
Motown Madman

Drives: 1991 Z28, 1997 Z28
I never priced over MSRP, but we had all our allocation sold ( over 100 deposits when the car was announced it was going into production). All orders are in,and now we can give the public even better deals than before. We are turning Camaros as quick as we can get them.

So as long as dealers keep over pricing the car and they don't sell keep gouging. Thats fine,the longer they sit on thier lots and the faster I sell mine
we will get more cars.
So keep selling them over MSRP.It just lets us keep receiving new Camaros,and the customer gets better deals.
Lt16spSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #25
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Gee, like we didn't see this coming. If you bought with dealer mark-up that's your decisiosn. No one held a gun to your head and made you buy the car at that price.

Read my postings on this. I always maintained that this was the right of the dealer to do this. Personally, I felt it was dubious at best. Many of us have long memories. My dealer bought a ton of good will by not BS'ing me at the front end. (Thanks Talty Chevrolet in Morris, Illinois)

If you bought with the mark-up, sorry, I don't have much sympathy for you.

Besides, the production capacity has basically, now caught up with demand.

I bought this car as a long term piece of entertainment. If I ever do sell it, I am pragmatic enough to understand the market for used vehicles. Don't kid yourselves. This isn't a Ferrari Enzo (or whatever exotic you may wish to identify with).

It is a solid, vehicle, with good value, and awesome performance.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #26
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
"This will also effect the price of used Camaro's which is what I intend to buy. I keep saying it, a loaded gently used 2SS auto with less tha 15k miles on it for around 28K, Very doable by next summer.[/QUOTE]"

----------to that... i sure hope thats true. that is my goal. at this point, its what i can swing/have to do.
havent been on here in a bit, but my fever rages on and now im zero-ing in on the "goal"!
...and LOTS of new 'maros around here.. which i love seeing EVERY day.
v
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #27
Blacklung27

Drives: 2010 SS L99 VR / 03 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I really dont believe the price gouging was ever as bad as everyone made it seem, i mean yeah there may be an extra thousand or so tacked on here or there but in all honesty there's a perfectly reasonable explanation why all SS Camaros are so expensive...this site already did a whole article on how a VERY large majority of all Camaros built have been 2SS, not just SS but 2SS with all the frills and luxury and stuff and those run around $37k with nothing added at all, so throw in an Auto tranny, power sun roof, and RS package and that EASILY tops $40k...i really dont think there was ever a whole lot of price gouging i just think people were mis-informed, lol
So, asking 50,399 isn't price gouging for a 2ss with only a sunroof and car cover? The other dealerships around here were fairly competitive with that price. I had to drive an hour and a half to find a dealership that wouldn't rape me.
Blacklung27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #28
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Got mine for under MSRP with a supplier discount and its not loaded with add ons I didn't want. totally happy with my decision as I knew I had to order to get just what I wanted.
All cars on the lots were 2 - 5g more with al the add ons.