Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
BBK Long Tube Headers & Magnaflow Exhaust (sound video)

BBK LT, Magnaflow axle back, and Injen CAI

In Cabin (windows up)

In Cabin (window up)

In Cabin (windows down)

EDIT: Added 2 new videos

Outside vehicle (drive-by hard acceleration)

Outside vehicle (manual mode 1st to 2nd)

Added start up and rev

Cold start

Idle and rev

Last edited by WHIPPLECHARGED; 08-31-2010 at 08:19 PM.
WHIPPLECHARGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Sounds Great!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
sounds pretty good...kinda hard to judge the last vid...how would u describe it bro?
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil02 View Post
sounds pretty good...kinda hard to judge the last vid...how would u describe it bro?
Yeah I'm going to have to redo the last vid in a different location.
It's kind of hard to describe sound, but a lot people on this forum think that with long tube and high flow cats these cars are to raspy. With my setup I don't think it is raspy at all. The Magnaflow mufflers is one the the more tame ones available for the camaro IMO, so I think it helps tone down the LT's. I was worried about my car being to loud, but now I'm glad I installed them. When my car is sitting at idle it almost sounds like a V8 loping. When cruising with little or no acceleration it sounds like any other car. when you step on the gas it has that bad ass deep tone that I was hoping for. Of course this is a matter of opinion and there will be people that disagree and that's OK.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
sweet man thx....hey thx for postn some good vids btw
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
ive always been a fan of the magnaflows and yours sounds great my only thing i might do is add the magnaflow resonated x pipe, it might help cut alot of the rasp out of it, has it thrown any codes, im waiting on some cash to pull the trigger on this set up execpt im doing my own custom magnaflow set up useing the same mufflers and resonated x pipe, i cant see spending all the $ on that i think magnaflow is a bit pricy for there stuff
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
ive always been a fan of the magnaflows and yours sounds great my only thing i might do is add the magnaflow resonated x pipe, it might help cut alot of the rasp out of it, has it thrown any codes, im waiting on some cash to pull the trigger on this set up execpt im doing my own custom magnaflow set up useing the same mufflers and resonated x pipe, i cant see spending all the $ on that i think magnaflow is a bit pricy for there stuff

My exhaust set up only cost me $1200, it pays to shop around. I used the axle back exhaust because I like to install everything myself and I don't have access to a welder. I don't think the resonated x pipe is nesesary for this setup IMO.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR BEE View Post
Yeah I'm going to have to redo the last vid in a different location.
It's kind of hard to describe sound, but a lot people on this forum think that with long tube and high flow cats these cars are to raspy. With my setup I don't think it is raspy at all. The Magnaflow mufflers is one the the more tame ones available for the camaro IMO, so I think it helps tone down the LT's. I was worried about my car being to loud, but now I'm glad I installed them. When my car is sitting at idle it almost sounds like a V8 loping. When cruising with little or no acceleration it sounds like any other car. when you step on the gas it has that bad ass deep tone that I was hoping for. Of course this is a matter of opinion and there will be people that disagree and that's OK.
Im at work now, can't wait to get home later and listen to these with my nice speaker setup.

I really have to agree with what you said about the Magnaflows. I have magnaflows on my car with a resonated X pipe (which smooths things over even more) and really like the sound. Its louder than stock, but not a lot louder....not as loud as most of these other setups, but what I like about it is its deep, smooth tone and in cabin sounds sweet. I don't know when/if I'll ever get around to doing LTs, (although I'd love to) but the fear of messing up the sound is what really scares me....along with possibly having to get a tune, but sounds like people are starting to find ways to fight off a CEL without needing a tune.

So that said, I'm glad to hear you say your car still sounds good even with the LTs installed

I'll probably add this post to the V6 exhaust sticky thread so it should get more visibility...and keep them vids comming!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
hey bee where in vegas do you live? I live near ann and losee I would love to her your
car in person do you ever go to any off the meets?
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Finally got to give it a good listen. I think it sounds awsome! Theres some kindve a strange scratch - like sound in the last video...prolly a hint of rasp but not as bad as most of the other setups Ive heard. Sounds very throaty and muscular! Would love to hear more.

FYI...added this page to the sticky thread. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Finally got to give it a good listen. I think it sounds awsome! Theres some kindve a strange scratch - like sound in the last video...prolly a hint of rasp but not as bad as most of the other setups Ive heard. Sounds very throaty and muscular! Would love to hear more.

FYI...added this page to the sticky thread. Thanks!

The last video has back ground noise. I will try to post a better video of Start Up. Thanks for Posting in The Sticky.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
sounds great, i cannot wait to get it. i have an slp loud mouth 1 axle back so mine will be a lot louder. its already too loud without the headers. time to switch the exhaust out for corsa cat back i think
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
i forgot to ask you, did you get this with ceramic coating or just stainless.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
sounds great, i cannot wait to get it. i have an slp loud mouth 1 axle back so mine will be a lot louder. its already too loud without the headers. time to switch the exhaust out for corsa cat back i think
I ordered my corsa last week. i'm expecting it to show up any day now. i'll try and get a vid up after i get it installed, if you want to wait to see what it would sound like. My bbk long tubes are already installed.