Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Lightbulb Finally made up my mind....CGM it is!!!

So after seeing CGM in person a few weeks ago (props again to teamlynn1 for letting me check the '09 Z06 over ) and giving myself a huge headache from going back and forth over this I finally went to the dealer tonight and changed my order from Black/Black to CGM/Gray. I was glad to see the color was darker in person than how it usually looked in pictures. I've posted them before but I'm gonna include a couple of the pics anyway of the Z06 that helped change my mind.

With all the advantages and disadvantages of both colors I figured that CGM/Gray was the best mix of everything I wanted......

I don't have to worry about as much constant cleaning to keep the paint looking it's best

It's still dark enough to look sinister with tinted windows and black wheels.

I can always add black stripe kit later or get custom ones painted

I wanted gray 2-tone leather but didn't like the idea of the black car with the gray carpet and headliner. But with the CGM I think the extra gray matches it well.

And lets not forget that AWESOME blue flake

Any of you out there still on the fence between black/CGM? If you are and you haven't seen CGM in person you owe it to yourself to check it out before you finalize your order.

2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
cheesesauce

Drives: 2SS/RS
I can sleep easy tonight knowing that you picked gray. Thanks for the post!
cheesesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Dude no get Black.......No, red.........wait get Silver,.............or, wait, dude Blue. ...................Oh, oh, oh, bro, get RJT............Yahhhhh RJT...............??????? uh ..................damn ..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Dude no get Black.......No, red.........wait get Silver,.............or, wait, dude Blue. ...................Oh, oh, oh, bro, get RJT............Yahhhhh RJT...............??????? uh ..................damn ..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I ended up with CGM.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Nice Choice... Join the club. Here's a crazy pic with and without flash.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I feel your pain, as of right now my order is Black/Black... but I've really been on the fence since seeing the pics of the first CGM... Recently I've seen a few black CTS's that had some crazy swirls and just looked terrible... Really thinking hard about changing to CGM......
Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
I feel your pain, as of right now my order is Black/Black... but I've really been on the fence since seeing the pics of the first CGM... Recently I've seen a few black CTS's that had some crazy swirls and just looked terrible... Really thinking hard about changing to CGM......
Too late for me, I'm at 3000+ so I just keep the black. But picking a color was harder than picking a woman. I agonized over it and literally lost sleep at night but eventually just went with my gut.

Jman, I know you've been pondering a while but I think you did well and you won't regret it.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nice Choice... Join the club. Here's a crazy pic with and without flash.
Those are great comparison pics!.....amazing how much difference the settings can make. That pic without the flash gives a much better idea of the true color. That first pic looks like alot of the ebay pics I saw of '09 vettes that scared me away from the color at first.

Quote:
Too late for me, I'm at 3000+ so I just keep the black. But picking a color was harder than picking a woman. I agonized over it and literally lost sleep at night but eventually just went with my gut.

Jman, I know you've been pondering a while but I think you did well and you won't regret it.
Thanks man.....I'm sure you're gonna love that black SS....can't go wrong with any color for this car. Black makes for the best looking car....I just wish I'd be able to keep up with the maintenance of it.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Thanks man.....I'm sure you're gonna love that black SS....can't go wrong with any color for this car. Black makes for the best looking car....I just wish I'd be able to keep up with the maintenance of it.
15 yr old son. He'll be wanting to drive it with his learning permit. He'll also be washing and drying it 3 times a week in return.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

Yeah i'm in that boat... Agonizing... I guess if there's a good thing about still being at 1100 is i have plenty of time to change, just can't make up my mind.

Quote:
15 yr old son. He'll be wanting to drive it with his learning permit. He'll also be washing and drying it 3 times a week in return.
HaHa lucky, he better be careful with it, it'd be his HIDE if he scratched it. In fact if i was in his shoes, i'd be scared to wash it!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
Yeah i'm in that boat... Agonizing... I guess if there's a good thing about still being at 1100 is i have plenty of time to change, just can't make up my mind.

HaHa lucky, he better be careful with it, it'd be his HIDE if he scratched it. In fact if i was in his shoes, i'd be scared to wash it!!
He's getting plenty of practice with Bonnies Lexus.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #12
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
Hey, I had pick CGM with Black, then when to Gray and now I have IOM interior. I hope I am done now. I just need the order to be pulled so I quit changing it. I think you made a good decision.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Hey, I had pick CGM with Black, then when to Gray and now I have IOM interior. I hope I am done now. I just need the order to be pulled so I quit changing it. I think you made a good decision.
Dude you made the right choice... IO interior with CGM will rock..
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Dude you made the right choice... IO interior with CGM will rock..
Thanks, I really haven't seen a bad color combination yet. This car rocks Big Time!!!