Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
iyam_lorne

Drives: '94 Grand Prix SE
ABM not getting canceled in Canada?

I recently have been reading about all the stuff going on with the ABM being canceled and started to worry, because I want to order my ABM one in spring. I'm from Canada by the way. So I called my dealer and asked my salesman about the ABM being canceled and he didnt know anything about it but he asked the guy in charge of orders and all that stuff that would know everything about that and he didnt hear anything about it either. He said that if it was to be canceled, they would know in advance about something big like that, and they hadnt so much as even heard about it. So it looks like I may still be getting my ABM yet. I dunno, but were maybe the people that werent able to order ABM anymore from the US and not from Canada? Maybe the color cancel, if it be so, is only in effect in the US.

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
iyam_lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
i am sure you know this already, but, people on here always know more and before the dealer "guys"
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
my dealer wasnt aware of this either till i informed him over phone, he said i wouldnt take that info for certain yet, but it seems to be the truth unfortunately. which is also strange cuz wouldnt you think dealers would be informed ahead of time by GM, so they can inform buyers that they have X amount of time to purchase this color before its gone for sure.

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Dealers are a bit behind people on this site. It was the same with the backup sensors and the white color being added. When I asked the dealer about those (at the time) they had no idea, and then they called back a few hours later each time and confirmed it.
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
B.Buster

Drives: 2010 AquaBlue 2SS/RS
My dealer knew nothing about ABM being discontinued. He called (his guy) in Detroit and was told it was internet BS .
B.Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Just like my dealer did not know about ABL changes or the recent Service Bulletins that were on here 10 days before the dealer got them.

ABM is going away. Bet your dealer a free oil change.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
iyam_lorne

Drives: '94 Grand Prix SE
well I sure hope I can get mine before ABM goes away. I hope to order mine to be ready for around april just after the snow goes away. my dealer says it takes about 6 weeks to make one up. ABM is one of the best colors the camaro has, I dont know why it doesnt sell. I just cant believe black is top of the list. I mean, of all the camaros I've seen in real life I have never seen a black one yet and if i did, no doubt itd be dirty anyway.

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
iyam_lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
sadly i don't think it'd going to be available for you to order in the spring :(
SS-Eric posted that thread a few days ago with all the changes on it, it's going away in a few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Aqua Blue Metallic Build Out
Aqua Blue Metallic (RPO: GBD) will end production for both Camaro and Impala the week of November 30, 2009. The last weekly DOSP cycle to submit an order for Aqua Blue Metallic will be the cycle that begins on Thursday, November 5, 2009, and concludes on Tuesday, November 10, 2009. After Tuesday, November 10, 2009, Aqua Blue Metallic will be on a full constraint, and removed from Order Workbench configurators and the Order Guide by the middle of November.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Order now or wait it out and hope some dealership has one sitting on the lot come spring time or fine a new color.

I hate to say it but your dealership is not in the loop SS-Eric is a salesperson who is in the know.

Good luck and nothing wrong with black I love mine

Sean
Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Rickie

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT Conv
Not sure about the spring, but for sure, no ABM in 2011 which starts to build mid summer next year.
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
example went to dealer to buy a camaro .he said they didnt make it yet .dealers dont know shit .on this sight we know a hell of alot more. if you cant get your abm i will sell you mine .
Old 10-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Buster View Post
My dealer knew nothing about ABM being discontinued. He called (his guy) in Detroit and was told it was internet BS .

Bet some $$$ ask them again in DEC and they tell you what we have been.
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Think of it this way:

If its getting cancelled in the US, how could they justify keeping it for Canada which has ~1/10 the sales?

They can't, so it gets the axe here too. All cars are painted on the same line, including Impalas.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
The dealers tend to be slow on things but my dealer had known about the delay in production several weeks before out site knew.
Im sure ABM is getting the axe here as well, but i dont know how it works. Some colours are available on cars in Canada that arent available on cars in the US and vise versa ie IOM for the aveo
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote