Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 10-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #43
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Modified 2010 camaro price caculator.

Hi everyone,
New guy here wanting to get a 2010, but just realized that I still have a year to pay on my current vehicle. So, I wanted to play around with different combinations of options and styles and see them side by side so maybe I could afford it.
Starting with TheMadHatter99's great spreadsheet, I began modifying it by adding 5 new columns, 1 for each model. You could even compare the same models with different options if you wish, it's pretty easy to figure out just by looking at it. Since I'm upside down in my car, I also fixed it so you can put in downpayment, estimated trade-in value and any payoff amount to get a final price. With that price you can plug in the loan amount, term and APR% to get your monthly payment. Hope someone finds it useful! Let me know if any calculations are off - I made it watching football at the same time.
File has been virus scanned. As the new guy, wanted to ensure I wasn't tainted!
Cheers

[EDIT}
Hm, when I upload the xls file as a zip and then download it, it's corrupt. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll email it to you.

Last edited by ZombieEatsYou; 10-21-2008 at 05:05 PM.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #44
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
(right-click-save-as)
Or for us Mac users, simply click :-)
Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Or for us Mac users, simply click :-)
All depends on your computer's file associations and how your browser handles links, my friend.
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #46
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Also, you have to know what your base comes with. Like my 2SS comes with the carpet front and the Boston sstem, so don't add things that already are a part of your base.

Thanks for the spread sheet.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:09 AM   #47
r8rs24

Drives: Camaro
not trying to bash on anyone but why get a car like this in auto? I've just never understood that.
r8rs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #48
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8rs24 View Post
not trying to bash on anyone but why get a car like this in auto? I've just never understood that.
Well, actually according to the numbers by Chevy, the automatic has faster 1/4 mile times and few other things as well I thought.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:41 AM   #49
r8rs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Well, actually according to the numbers by Chevy, the automatic has faster 1/4 mile times and few other things as well I thought.
surprising... but that aside, I personally think auto's are so boring to drive and you don't have as much control over the car.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #50
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
This is really nice to hear, puts it right on par with the 6.00 I would have paid here in Idaho anyways. So not hurting as bad as I thought since I will be in Texas for the next 4 or 5 years.
The 6.25% only apllies to the cash purchase of the deal. If you are trading in a vehicle, then the entire trade value is not taxed.

Example

35K car and 10K on trade you only pay sales tax on 25K
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #51
TLSTWIN

Quote:
surprising... but that aside, I personally think auto's are so boring to drive and you don't have as much control over the car.
Yeah, then they add the "paddle" shifters on the back of the steering wheel.

I agree with you, but they did a good job of trying to appeal the manual guys and automatic in one shot.

I personally am getting the manual.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #52
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

thanks for posting that ... NICE
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #53
r8rs24

Quote:
Yeah, then they add the "paddle" shifters on the back of the steering wheel.

I agree with you, but they did a good job of trying to appeal the manual guys and automatic in one shot.

I personally am getting the manual.
yeah I just went to look at the pontiac g8 the other day and I really liked it except for one thing... transmission. no manual. they have the auto/manual but i don't like it. not as much fun or control. They are coming out with the gxp that has an ls3 and manual but for nearly 39k. no thanks. I'll wait for the camaro.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #54
TLSTWIN

Quote:
yeah I just went to look at the pontiac g8 the other day and I really liked it except for one thing... transmission. no manual. they have the auto/manual but i don't like it. not as much fun or control. They are coming out with the gxp that has an ls3 and manual but for nearly 39k. no thanks. I'll wait for the camaro.
The G8 looks nice, but it isn't the Camaro.

If the Camaro never came about, I would have been getting a G8. I actually thought about getting a G8 when the camaro was still in question when the G8 came out.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:27 AM   #55
r8rs24

Quote:
The G8 looks nice, but it isn't the Camaro.

If the Camaro never came about, I would have been getting a G8. I actually thought about getting a G8 when the camaro was still in question when the G8 came out.
yeah I know but i like that it's a sedan and how luxurious it looks on the inside. also insurance on that is way less than what it's going to be on the camaro. I still don't know what I want to get. I've also been looking at the 09 impreza wrx. I've never liked rice rockets and have always made fun of them but I test drove one the other day for the hell of it and found it rather nice and quick. plus i like the awd for the winter. the camaro is definitely still an option. just wonder how hard its going to be to get your hands on one.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:45 AM   #56
TLSTWIN

Quote:
yeah I know but i like that it's a sedan and how luxurious it looks on the inside. also insurance on that is way less than what it's going to be on the camaro. I still don't know what I want to get. I've also been looking at the 09 impreza wrx. I've never liked rice rockets and have always made fun of them but I test drove one the other day for the hell of it and found it rather nice and quick. plus i like the awd for the winter. the camaro is definitely still an option. just wonder how hard its going to be to get your hands on one.
You are looking at two different kinda cars now. The Subarus are very nice cars.

If you wait until you can test drive a Camaro, then it could change your mind. Of course breing able to drive the WRX is going to be exciting, but you have nothing to compare it too (the Camaro). You do have the G8, but it doesn't have the HP the the 2SS has.

If you live in a place in which you see snow, and lots of it, and this is going to be your only car........I will get banned for saying this, but get the WRX.

**EDIT** I see you're from Califonia, so weather isn't an issue, and therefore I would wait for the Camaro and test drive it.