Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #29
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Car is all fixed. Oil pressure sensor was the problem. i am so glad it wasn't the pump.
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Great news!!!! Got your baby back just in time for the weekend
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #31
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
I have a few questions for you guys that have had an oil pressure problem.
-how often are you changing your oil?
-what oil filter are you using?
-is this isolated to 2010 models or have 2011 models been plagued with this too?
-are you using synthetic oil and are you using 5w30?
-do you baby your car or drive it spiritedly?

If you don't want to answer these questions on the open forum, please pm me
. I'm worried about myself having a problem and since I tuned my car before I even found out via this forum that dealers are voiding warranty because of it. And I might trade this thing in before 10k miles and stay away from chevy because of it. I've had 9 brand new Honda vehicles and never had to worry about a warranty issue because Honda takes care if their customers no matter what. I'm sorry but I don't want to be wrenching on my brand new car and having to change an oil pump because of a factory defect and the dealer being lazy and pointing the finger at my tune....so give me your input guys if you don't mind.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #32
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I have 9400 KM on my car. Just had the oil changed 10 days before. That was my 3rd oil change. Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-30 I use.
I drive my car the way is was disigned to be driven. I have only lite up the tires 3 times.

DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #33
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINGO View Post
I have 9400 KM on my car. Just had the oil changed 10 days before. That was my 3rd oil change. Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-30 I use.
I drive my car the way is was disigned to be driven. I have only lite up the tires 3 times.

So in a nutshell, you drive your car easily? Any others? I drive normal alot, but it's to the floor more than three times per trip to and fro work.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #34
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
-is this isolated to 2010 models or have 2011 models been plagued with this too?

. I'm worried about myself having a problem and since I tuned my car before I even found out via this forum that dealers are voiding warranty because of it. And I might trade this thing in before 10k miles and stay away from chevy because of it. I've had 9 brand new Honda vehicles and never had to worry about a warranty issue because Honda takes care if their customers no matter what. I'm sorry but I don't want to be wrenching on my brand new car and having to change an oil pump because of a factory defect and the dealer being lazy and pointing the finger at my tune....so give me your input guys if you don't mind.
My question is...have any 2011's had this problem, because, being the astute observer of the obvious, only 2010 SS's have had this issue. No 2011's have chimed in. I'm at 8500 miles right now. DD'd in LA traffic, and only 20 passes down the 1320 right now. Zero issues with my car, except for driver inflicted curb rash on the left rear wheel.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #35
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINGO View Post
Car is all fixed. Oil pressure sensor was the problem. i am so glad it wasn't the pump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoul308 View Post
My 2010 2SS is pretty much a daily driver. Only has 9,532 miles and I haven't driven it in the last two days. This morning I started her up and after about 5 secs the DIC showed " LOW OIL PRESSURE, TURN OF ENGINE!"

Had it towed to the dealer, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The car still starts/drives, just throws that code and the oil pressure gauge reads all the way left (zero).

I checked the oil, it had plenty of oil too.

Thanks in advance for your input everyone.
Dingo and Silentsoul, what are your VIN numbers? I also have a 2010 with low mileage. TIA!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #36
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We would be happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, we will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me or Jeff your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage via private message, we will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
It's awsome to see you on this site trying to help. says alot....I work for GM and feel proud when I see my company stepping up to the plate.
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #37
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post

Finally a customer with a brain, thank GOD. I am in the same boat. Just got my L99 2011 SS and oil gets changed by me every 3000 to 3500 miles. No tune in my car at this time. Chevy take notice, this is an issue that can leave a customer on the highway between towns 100miles apart. Let's see ONSTAR help me when some goonie comes running out of the trees with a butcher knife for a CAMARO SS owner with a busted oil pump. I am also thinking of trading this car and staying away from CHEVY. They void warranties at every issue just to keep money, time, and parts this is all saves gets them less in dept. financially. I know the recession hurt us bad, but that is no reason to screw customers. If the mod ruined the part damaged I agree upon voiding warranty, but if the part was a manufacturer defect the replace it. Mustang GT 5.0 owners don't have this crap to worry about, just my 0.2 cents. Push come to shove that's where I'll be.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Finally a customer with a brain, thank GOD. I am in the same boat. Just got my L99 2011 SS and oil gets changed by me every 3000 to 3500 miles. No tune in my car at this time. Chevy take notice, this is an issue that can leave a customer on the highway between towns 100miles apart. Let's see ONSTAR help me when some goonie comes running out of the trees with a butcher knife for a CAMARO SS owner with a busted oil pump. I am also thinking of trading this car and staying away from CHEVY. They void warranties at every issue just to keep money, time, and parts this is all saves gets them less in dept. financially. I know the recession hurt us bad, but that is no reason to screw customers. If the mod ruined the part damaged I agree upon voiding warranty, but if the part was a manufacturer defect the replace it. Mustang GT 5.0 owners don't have this crap to worry about, just my 0.2 cents. Push come to shove that's where I'll be.

I had this same issue and GM immediately voided the warranty and refused to even diagnose. I replaced the oil pump with a Melling pump, fired the car back up and have not had any issues since.

I would encourage EVERYONE that is considering a tune to have your oil pump replaced under warranty BEFORE you tune. As others mentioned, there is a TSP for this issue and GM will void your warranty if you have a tune.

Mine was the sticking relief valve and I would be willing to bet that Dingos was as well...and as someone mentioned...a little knocking about loosened his up. If it's happened once, it will likely happen again...just hope your sensor notifies you in time and you stop your car in time before you have catastrophic damage.

If you are opening up the front of the motor (cam), replace your oil pump, timing chain, and tensioner...three relatively inexpensive preventative items that could save you big $$$ in future repairs...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #39
rasputinkiller

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2010 Prius, 2002 Avalanch
Got stuck over the weekend with a low oil pressure light. I was a quart low of oil for some reason. I only have 3900 miles on my 011 SS. Added the quart and it didn't make a difference. Personally had my car towed out my on pocket to my house since I broke down 90 miles away and OnStar only allows a tow to the dealer closest to where I broke down.

I just got a call from OnStar stating that my car was picked out a minute ago to be delivered to my local dealer.

Hopefull it is just the sensor also.
Galatians 2:20 He has fun too..

Mods: Borla Atak Exhaust, Volant AirIntake

rasputinkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #40
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Is this an l99 issue or a ls3 issue,or both?
Getting a little disturbing reading this nOnsense on here.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #41
rasputinkiller

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2010 Prius, 2002 Avalanch
I have an LS3
rasputinkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #42
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
It's awsome to see you on this site trying to help. says alot....I work for GM and feel proud when I see my company stepping up to the plate.
Thank you for the kudos lionssfan. Like the lady said, you can send me your information and I'll do what I can for you. I hope this helps. rasputinkiller, how is your vehicle doing? Has your dealer been able to take a look at it yet or get back to you on what might be the problem with it? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Svc; 06-07-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote