Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
AgsWin

Drives: 2008 GMC Sierra
Question Newbie Questions about Cam, Pulleys, Other Mods

Howdy, I am looking at the car that texas speed has for sale and I am pretty much an newbie when it comes to engine modifications. I have done mods to my cars like exhuast, CAI, wheels, etc, but never anything else.

Here are the items that were added by texas speed to their 2010 SS camaro. Can someone please tell me what each one does?

Also, I assume it voids the warranty, so should Ibe concerned about that at all?

Mods on car:

TSP Headers/Xpipe Magnaflow Mufflers
TSP Underdrive Pulley Kit
TSP 231/236 Camshaft Kit
PRC CNC Ported LS3 Heads
TSP Air Induction System
AgsWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Headers and x-pipe improve the exhaust flow out of the engine, thus freeing up a little bit of power. Under-drive pulleys reduce the work that the engine has to do to turn things like the water pump. An aftermarket camshaft generally changes the torque characteristics so that it can make more power at high rpms, though this often results in a sacrifice at lower rpms. Ported heads improve air flow into (and exhaust flow out of) the cylinder. Air induction generally reffers to cold air induction (or cold air intake, CAI either way). Cold outside air is denser than the hot air under the hood, and denser air makes more power.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Headers and x-pipe improve the exhaust flow out of the engine, thus freeing up a little bit of power. Under-drive pulleys reduce the work that the engine has to do to turn things like the water pump. An aftermarket camshaft generally changes the torque characteristics so that it can make more power at high rpms, though this often results in a sacrifice at lower rpms. Ported heads improve air flow into (and exhaust flow out of) the cylinder. Air induction generally reffers to cold air induction (or cold air intake, CAI either way). Cold outside air is denser than the hot air under the hood, and denser air makes more power.
I love brief explanations! thanks DG!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
AgsWin

Drives: 2008 GMC Sierra
Thanks DG
AgsWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
MTI Racing

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter

The MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter would be a perfect addition to the mods already on the car.
MTI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Which pulleys if any would you recommend I heard that they can mess up the balance of something in the engine or something. I really have no idea I just want to make sure if you buy a pulley is all you have to do is put it on and your good to go.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Which pulleys if any would you recommend I heard that they can mess up the balance of something in the engine or something. I really have no idea I just want to make sure if you buy a pulley is all you have to do is put it on and your good to go.
Good question....
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
MTI Racing

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
We have the Innovators West Underdrive Crankshaft Dampers.
2010 Camaro - 6 Rib Drive - 10% Underdrive

Great Quality!
$550

Call me at (770) 919-7774 and we can ship it to you.

Stephen
MTI Racing
Attached Images

MTI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote