Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
More dumb salespeople at Bob Howard in OKC

Heard they had a CGM SS at Bob Howard in Oklahoma City. Since I was in the area yesterday, I stopped by to check it out. A young salesperson proceeded to tell me about this car. Just being interested in looking at the color and not really wanting to talk about why I'm there if I ordered from someone else, I just kinda played like I knew little and let him spill. First he told me the car was listed at $5000 over MSRP and I would be lucky to find one anywhere for less than 10. He said some people have said other dealers (mentioned Knipplemeir, the one I ordered from) have been selling at MSRP but it is simply not true. I asked when he thought they would start going for less than MSRP and he said never. He claimed GM was limiting production and you will not see them all over like Mustangs. I asked if they are only planning a couple years and he said it is likely. He then proceeded to tell me of all the exotic cars he has driven and the SS is hands down the baddest car he has ever driven. Now, I know this is an opinion, but come on. He said the Camaro would keep up with the Vette, no problem and also said it was a tad lighter than the Vette. Really? Not by much, but it's lighter.

I cannot stand salespeople like this. GM is having a hard enough time as it is. If you are in the central OK area, please say no to Bob Howard. You will be better off at Knipplemeir or Marc Heitz.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Camaro2010ss

Drives: '92 Ford F-150
Lol... salespeople these days.
Camaro2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
I love playing dumb and letting salesmen/women talk and make an ass of themselves without them knowing it. Isn't it fun!?!?!
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i had a bad experience with them when i was trying my charger. trying to tell me i couldn’t afford it and my credit wasn’t good enough. and tried to sell me a damn dodge stratus. well i bought one from Dallas. and i bought my camaro from Hudiburg (under msrp)
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
bob howard/moore dealerships are the worst ive seen

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
i had a bad experience with them when i was trying my charger. trying to tell me i couldn’t afford it and my credit wasn’t good enough. and tried to sell me a damn dodge stratus. well i bought one from Dallas. and i bought my camaro from Hudiburg (under msrp)
Under MSRP?? Did you have some discount or something from GM? Did you order and they agreed to a lower price? I went there about a year ago and they told me no way would it be selling for MSRP or lower.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i got the USAA discount. 750 dollars off. they said i pay msrp and any initiatives that are available i can have.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
Heard they had a CGM SS at Bob Howard in Oklahoma City. Since I was in the area yesterday, I stopped by to check it out. A young salesperson proceeded to tell me about this car. Just being interested in looking at the color and not really wanting to talk about why I'm there if I ordered from someone else, I just kinda played like I knew little and let him spill. First he told me the car was listed at $5000 over MSRP and I would be lucky to find one anywhere for less than 10. He said some people have said other dealers (mentioned Knipplemeir, the one I ordered from) have been selling at MSRP but it is simply not true. I asked when he thought they would start going for less than MSRP and he said never. He claimed GM was limiting production and you will not see them all over like Mustangs. I asked if they are only planning a couple years and he said it is likely. He then proceeded to tell me of all the exotic cars he has driven and the SS is hands down the baddest car he has ever driven. Now, I know this is an opinion, but come on. He said the Camaro would keep up with the Vette, no problem and also said it was a tad lighter than the Vette. Really? Not by much, but it's lighter.

I cannot stand salespeople like this. GM is having a hard enough time as it is. If you are in the central OK area, please say no to Bob Howard. You will be better off at Knipplemeir or Marc Heitz.
I had the limited availability line thrown at me, and that the plants were going to shutdown for a long time as well making the car even more viable and liable to go up in markup from their initial $10,000 markup..lol..
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Don't forget to lump in Smicklas in the Bob Howard group as they are one and the same now! Gotta love it when a dealer is ashamed to put their name on the sign.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
gotta love it...garbage like this makes us all look bad:(
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #11
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
this is the whole reason i got out the business. i got so sick of hearing other sales people tell people garbage that was not true. I sold fords (dont kill me i needed a job since I was let go from my previous one) i constantly heard a few other sales people telling people all kinds of crap about the mustangs that was so off based it was not even close to the truth. when you would try to help them, they didnt care, they just wanted to sell something. I know not all of us are that way and some actually are car guys/gals and know there stuff and keep it straight. sorry had to rant a bit. Do you remember the guys name at howard. I have a good friend that works there and I am just curious.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Mine told me the ipod/zune issue was a saftey implement. LOL. I didnt say shit to him. He felt pretty stupid when I was there a few days later getting the pdim updated and I told him why I was there.

Mine also told me the head unit could hold 8,000 songs and the l99 didnt have AFM.

Man, they should at least have some classes when a new car comes out. HOW ABOUT SOME ****ING PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE SO YOU DONT LOOK LIKE COMPLETE MORONS GM! These dumbass ****s are your diplomats to the general public. When I went to a mitsubishi dealer, the guy knew his shit about the evos.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
yeah we had a gal that knew nothing about the new mustangs. its not that hard. she even told a customer that the mustang was 10k cheaper than an ss camaro and it had only 20 hp less than the ss. I about shot her.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote