Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #113
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Sorry, you had problems with your LCD screen. I did the same thing with my first one. Luckily, hubby changed his to the Metra kit, so I could traded screens with his. However, I did put there was no need to remove the metal bracket. I'll edit the post though and put it bigger/red font maybe so hopefully the next person won't do the same thing..

Also, you might want to post this in the radio thread, lol. This one is for the speed/tach. And, yes, this IS the most challenging mod I've done yet.

Edit: Changes have been made to the Radio thread.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #114
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglwngss View Post
Sorry, you had problems with your LCD screen. I did the same thing with my first one. Luckily, hubby changed his to the Metra kit, so I could traded screens with his. However, I did put there was no need to remove the metal bracket. I'll edit the post though and put it bigger/red font maybe so hopefully the next person won't do the same thing..

Also, you might want to post this in the radio thread, lol. This one is for the speed/tach. And, yes, this IS the most challenging mod I've done yet.

Edit: Changes have been made to the Radio thread.
I didn't know about the radio thread
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #115
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

I thought that was how you took it apart?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #116
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...51#post3958351
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #117
Kumar07

Drives: black with white stripe
how can i change my led for my bottom 4 gauges?
Kumar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #118
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

I can't find any of the DIYs for the 4 pack gauges at the moment. What kind of help are you needing? How to take it apart? or How to get the 4 pack out of the car to begin with? lol
Old 11-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #119
ReD MaRo Ls

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to ReD MaRo Ls Send a message via Yahoo to ReD MaRo Ls
Here try this from 2SSRS, he's done a lot of mods. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138468
ReD MaRo Ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #120
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Okay, anyone have any links to DIY for the Window Switches and headlight switch? I Figure ill attack both of those before i dive into something like the speed/tac gauges or DIC. Thanks guys, i can't wait to do it. I have been reading articles on ow to solder all day and will be buying some wire soon just to play around and practice with lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #121
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Headlight:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=disable+drl

That thread is actually for a different purpose, but it'll suffice to figure out how to get it back together. The switch itself come out of the car very easily. Use fingernails and pull it towards you.

I don't think I've seen one for the window switches. Have you ever taken apart the door panel? Once it's apart, the window switches is just in a box with some plastic tabs to hold it in the door. There are two LEDs in the driver side and only one on the passenger side switches.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #122
Kumar07

i need help taking the 4 gauges apart and changing the led on it
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #123
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Black, the LEDs in the 4Pack are pretty easy, comparitively speaking... In fact, of all the lights I have done, these were definately the easiest.

I may have mine off again this weekend, so when I do, I'll take some pics (I'm not planning to take the guages completely apart again, but I think I can show what needs to be done...). Let me know if you need me to do that.

And Kumar, If you can use a screwdriver and a soldering gun, you won't need any help.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #124
creektrack

Drives: N/A
My best advice for any gauges is to use two spoons to pry up on the needles...and make sure you wipe off the gauge faces before you put it back together, fingerprints can be a huge eyesore...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #125
Kumar07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryE1 View Post
Black, the LEDs in the 4Pack are pretty easy, comparitively speaking... In fact, of all the lights I have done, these were definately the easiest.

I may have mine off again this weekend, so when I do, I'll take some pics (I'm not planning to take the guages completely apart again, but I think I can show what needs to be done...). Let me know if you need me to do that.

And Kumar, If you can use a screwdriver and a soldering gun, you won't need any help.
i would like some pictures thanks.. and i have never changed my leds yet and im planing on doing it really soon. when i change them do i just take the led off and put the other one on? or is there a way to take them off
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #126
creektrack

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar07 View Post
i would like some pictures thanks.. and i have never changed my leds yet and im planing on doing it really soon. when i change them do i just take the led off and put the other one on? or is there a way to take them off
There's quite a few videos on YouTube that show how to swap these leds out, especially if you search for scion tc...I would post a few but i figure there may be one that you will find to be a better lesson than what i might think of as better...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote