Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #43
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
I am not sure we have even seen an 11.....let alone a 9.

>> I << ran a 10.92 my first night out... and there is a lot more in the car, just working on the driver mod... and we made some more changes since then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Don't let them steer you in a direction you don't wanna go, I have YET to see a turbo car build without and issues, sure they make power but yet to see one not smoke,burn oil, blow a turbo or some issue. For what you want a PD blower will suit you fine with room to grow if you want.
This is sooo true... I'm on turbo's 5 & 6, trans # 5, clutch # 3, drive shaft # 3, diff number 2, etc... If you buy a good kit, bolt it on, tune for it and leave it alone, you will get many happy years out of it..

Chris @ HPS, Hellion TTI and others have great single and twin turbo kits... If you push the envelope though... Break out the check book and get ready to watch it dwindle... you will break stuff and either end up with a garage space occupying weight, or a money pit...

The Blowers from Maggie, Whipple etc are great bolt on tune and drive kits... you can buy them with or without a handheld tuner.. If you have a shop you trust to tune, but it without the handheld, or buy it with it and let the tuner load a custom tune in it...

We are fortunate there are soo many options out there...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #44
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Unless the engine get's Forged I wouldn't recommend a twins. I'm thinking the boost would KILL a stock LS3.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #45
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
While I agree with Huffer to maximize your system it's always better to have it dyno tuned but each will come with a tune and tuner to put in the car. They are usually tuned for an otherwise stock car. But it's enough to work for the time being.
They only come with a tuner if you order it like that. It doesn't come automatically...and the stock tunes blow chunks....so I'd forget that idea.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #46
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
>> I << ran a 10.92 my first night out... and there is a lot more in the car, just working on the driver mod... and we made some more changes since then...
Ah my mistake...we have one!!

Quote:
This is sooo true... I'm on turbo's 5 & 6, trans # 5, clutch # 3, drive shaft # 3, diff number 2, etc... If you buy a good kit, bolt it on, tune for it and leave it alone, you will get many happy years out of it..

Chris @ HPS, Hellion TTI and others have great single and twin turbo kits... If you push the envelope though... Break out the check book and get ready to watch it dwindle... you will break stuff and either end up with a garage space occupying weight, or a money pit...

The Blowers from Maggie, Whipple etc are great bolt on tune and drive kits... you can buy them with or without a handheld tuner.. If you have a shop you trust to tune, but it without the handheld, or buy it with it and let the tuner load a custom tune in it...

We are fortunate there are soo many options out there...
Yes..pain and misery OR buy a Supercharger kit. Lol.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #47
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
They only come with a tuner if you order it like that. It doesn't come automatically...and the stock tunes blow chunks....so I'd forget that idea.
Agreed. Especially if you have other mods.

BUT they will get you by for a while til you get to a tuner.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
The Maggie seems to maybe be the one I'll go with. From what I heard the E-force is great, has a clean look, but is the quieter of the bunch. I kind of want that supercharger Whine .

All I [B]plan on doing is putting some Long Tubes, CAI, and aftermarket exhaust.
Would it be best to work my way up to the supercharger, or get the kit and install everything else afterwards?
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #49
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
The Maggie seems to maybe be the one I'll go with. From what I heard the E-force is great, has a clean look, but is the quieter of the bunch. I kind of want that supercharger Whine .

All I [B]plan on doing is putting some Long Tubes, CAI, and aftermarket exhaust.
Would it be best to work my way up to the supercharger, or get the kit and install everything else afterwards?
The Maggie will come with a tuner by default. And if you don't have the headers and exhaust yet then the tune it comes with will work just fine till you do the rest and dyno tune it.

Are you installing yourself?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #50
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Quote:
The Maggie will come with a tuner by default. And if you don't have the headers and exhaust yet then the tune it comes with will work just fine till you do the rest and dyno tune it.

Are you installing yourself?
So as far as the CAI it doesn't matter, I can get it now or later?

Well, I'll look at the instructions, look at myself in the mirror and decide if I can install it myself with a couple of my buddies. I know a lot about engines but I'm just not very good at the hands on work
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #51
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

Well, I'll look at the instructions, look at myself in the mirror and decide if I can install it myself with a couple of my buddies. I know a lot about engines but I'm just not very good at the hands on work
The Maggie wasn't that hard.

CAI will certainly change things. You will still want to get it tuned by someone but with just a CAI the stock Mangnacharger tune will be fine. Just not maximized.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #52
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Unless the engine get's Forged I wouldn't recommend a twins. I'm thinking the boost would KILL a stock LS3.
Close... 7 lbs of boost is seven lbs of boost...

They use smaller turbos for the twins set ups.. The advantage of this is faster spool time... A big single or smaller twins...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:

"MOST" of the CAI companies have a SC conversion Kit. CAI doesn't make one for the E-Force though... So I had to buy a new Cold air intake, even though I may try to fabricate the CAI to fit.

I went with E-Force. We are in the process of doing the install (Saturdays) right now. My Dad is a ACE Master Tech and even he looked at the directions and shook his head in disbelief that we were taking the front end off the car. We haven't gotten to the SC yet because we are doing the LS3 Conversion first. I like the look of the E-Force, but I wish I would have went with Magnacharger to take advantage of the flexibility of it because I'm already planning my next mods. lol

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #54
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:

You won't regret the Maggie & like PQ said it comes with a SCT Tuner, and you can make some mods to it. But once you're settled in with it, then you'll go and get it dyno tuned.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #55
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
I am more than happy to make amazing deals with ANYONE on ANY supercharger.
Just throwing that out there.
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #56
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
Quote:
Yeahh......might see Big Foot too.
looooooool
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote