Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #561
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
All in all I like my version 1.0 however my whole point was that I believe there were more than ten system affected based on some of the feedback on this list.

It is what it is but my beef is just to acknowledge it and quit hiding their head in the sand.

Just out of curiousity are you getting free installs or free parts from MRT? Nothing wrong with it if you are.....
The thing is no one is actually calling MRT about their issues. Seems everyone here works through any issue and then posts here AFTER the fact. People are not calling MRT... In fact Scott even added the following in BOLD LETTERS as part of the install sheet:

"Question or Help contact MRT at 734-455-5807"

Trust me if there are issues Scott wants to KNOW! The other things is apparently we are only seeing a small fraction of systems here on Camaro5! Like I mentioned Scott can't keep them in stock!

As far as the 10 system. That is how many they built with the new welder which was welding at a lot higher temperature...

As for me, i got the MRT ver 1.0 and 2.0 free since my car was used as a test mule...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #562
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
The thing is no one is actually calling MRT about their issues. Seems everyone here works through any issue and then posts here AFTER the fact. People are not calling MRT... In fact Scott even added the following in BOLD LETTERS as part of the install sheet:

"Question or Help contact MRT at 734-455-5807"

Trust me if there are issues Scott wants to KNOW! The other things is apparently we are only seeing a small fraction of systems here on Camaro5! Like I mentioned Scott can't keep them in stock!

As far as the 10 system. That is how many they built with the new welder which was welding at a lot higher temperature...

As for me, i got the MRT ver 1.0 and 2.0 free since my car was used as a test mule...
I called Kim and they are aware of that issue, and they have shipped me the improved versions, so I am not to worried.

But I tell you guys, MRT and ARH have been easiest people to deal with.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #563
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
I agree. I called Kim about my headers a few times, and she went out of here way to check on them and get them to me! MRT is a quality place with good people. I wouldn't hesitate to but from them again and know that they'll back their product!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #564
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Alright guys i just installed my MRT 2.0 first of all i got to say the sound amazing!!!! Love the sound and thanks to everyone for the great reviews and for uploading videos for us. Just 2 things id like some help with now.

1. What is the clearance you guys have from the top of the tip to the diffuser i have about 1/4 inch clearance and i am worried this might touch when vibrating and melt the plastic.

2. I have read many ppl modified the hangers to help this. Now you guys are prob more creative then me. How did you guys modify/bend the hangers to get more of a clearance. Maybe a quick MS Paint drawing will help me out a lot. (and yes i did try all the great tips you guys gave me to line up the tips from twisting the exhaust b4 tightening it to holding the tips in the center will tightening the clamp)

Thanks again guys.
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #565
firefighterEMT33

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by francone13 View Post
Alright guys i just installed my MRT 2.0 first of all i got to say the sound amazing!!!! Love the sound and thanks to everyone for the great reviews and for uploading videos for us. Just 2 things id like some help with now.

1. What is the clearance you guys have from the top of the tip to the diffuser i have about 1/4 inch clearance and i am worried this might touch when vibrating and melt the plastic.

2. I have read many ppl modified the hangers to help this. Now you guys are prob more creative then me. How did you guys modify/bend the hangers to get more of a clearance. Maybe a quick MS Paint drawing will help me out a lot. (and yes i did try all the great tips you guys gave me to line up the tips from twisting the exhaust b4 tightening it to holding the tips in the center will tightening the clamp)

Thanks again guys.

My clearance is 1/4" to 1/2" at best. No melting whatsoever.

Before bending the hanger,try to twist the mufflers first to get them into a more favorable position. If you like where they end up, get them welded. Doesn't have to be a full weld, just a single tack weld should hold them in place.

When I tweaked my hanger I took the exhaust off, and placed one arm of the hanger in a vice and bent in the direction I needed to, and did the same with the other part of the hanger. It only moved 2 or 3 mm, but this was enough to move the tip down a bit to clear the diffuser. Make sure you have a way to stretch out the pipe as the clamp will bend to the exact OD of the pipe making it dang near impossible to get it back on.

Another thing you can try after getting it into position is to make sure the clamp is positioned as best as possible and as tight as humanly possible.

1100 Order accepted at dealer: 3/15/2010 - NVTZ1X
3300 Scheduled For Production: 3/17/2010 TPW 4/5/2010
3800 Produced: 4/7/2010 2G1FT1EW3A9208281
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 4/21/2010
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/23/2010
firefighterEMT33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #566
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
A little off topic.. but this is what we need developed for us V6'ers.

Im actually jealous. Lets see if MRT can make something sound like this. :P

(yes i know a V6 wont sound like a V8.. we can dream right??)
Old 03-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #567
Blade

I know a shop who has 5" tips on their SS and there is no melting effect on the diffuser.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #568
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:

Thanks again guys.

Well at least your tip was not touching the opening. I had to heat up and bend the hanger just to get about a 3/8" clearance.

But don't worry there are no issues and MRT fixed the problem. Since you haven't called MRT to report the problem my tip was the only one MRT ever had a problem with.

These are not the droid you are looking for.... you can move along now.

But if I had gotten it free I guess I wouldn't complain.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #569
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterEMT33 View Post
My clearance is 1/4" to 1/2" at best. No melting whatsoever.

Before bending the hanger,try to twist the mufflers first to get them into a more favorable position. If you like where they end up, get them welded. Doesn't have to be a full weld, just a single tack weld should hold them in place.
I did that didnt help out much at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I know a shop who has 5" tips on their SS and there is no melting effect on the diffuser.
How much clearance did they have? What is the size of our diffuser hole?
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #570
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Well at least your tip was not touching the opening. I had to heat up and bend the hanger just to get about a 3/8" clearance.

But don't worry there are no issues and MRT fixed the problem. Since you haven't called MRT to report the problem my tip was the only one MRT ever had a problem with.

These are not the droid you are looking for.... you can move along now.

But if I had gotten it free I guess I wouldn't complain.
You are the only one that called... Every one else seems to be able to deal with it on their own...

YAWN... seriously man... Every one has heard you... i'm sorry this is just so upsetting to you.. But I really think you need to get over it... Posting this over and over again... You've stated your case... can you just move on? Or are just going to keep repeating yourself?

BTW.. it is customary to keep products you are a test mule for... get over it...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #571
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
You are the only one that called... Every one else seems to be able to deal with it on their own...

YAWN... seriously man... Every one has heard you... i'm sorry this is just so upsetting to you.. But I really think you need to get over it... Posting this over and over again... You've stated your case... can you just move on? Or are just going to keep repeating yourself?

BTW.. it is customary to keep products you are a test mule for... get over it...
But I'm having so much fun with this......

Haven't you heard that the glass is half empty?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #572
Blade

Quote:
How much clearance did they have? What is the size of our diffuser hole?
Not much at all, the tips were almost touching the diffuser.

Check out the picture of the exhaust on this page.

http://www.totalperformance09.com/camaros.htm

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #573
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
It would seem that my shop ran into the slightly-offness of one of those units. I've come to expect SOME tweaking to be necessary with EVERY modification, especially to the exhaust system.

The shop owner said that the tweak was no big deal, didn't charge me a penny for it. First 2010 Camaro he's had in his shop for anything, absolutely loved it (He's got a '69 Yenko). Can't wait to pair up to some JBA's with this system and to get a little carbon on those resonator guts

I can understand bringing the point to MRT's attention so they can fix it, but getting an attitude over such a minor tweak is more than a little ridiculous. I'd expect only a novice to be surprised when a part bought online doesn't fit EXACTLY without some tweaking. Hell, that's usually half the fun for me. (I woulda done the install myself, but kinda tough without a lift or even half decent jackstands on a gravel driveway.)
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #574
bucky1399
bucky1399

Drives: 1LT, '99 Chevy ZR2
I put my pipes on the other day and had to do some tweaking to get them on. I am getting a small air leak at the clamp on one of the pipes at start up, can't feel it once the car settles down to low idle. I took the pipe off a couple times and tweaked some more, but still have the leak. I'm wondering if after running it for a weekend will the pipes expand a bit and seal up the leak on it's own? If not I might have to take it to a shop. I'm just throwing the question out, I don't plan on pulling the car out of storage for about a month.
bucky1399 is offline   Reply With Quote