Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #29
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Maybe you could adopt...

Unless, of course, this ends up happening...

Or, a worst case scenario...

I would just get a car cover.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
Sick Rick
Baphomet's Wheelman

Drives: Everyone crazy.....
Umm, car covers are a NO. They make it easier for them to scale the car instead of jump on it. And scaling means CLAWS. Claws mean scratches, through the cover eventually, and into the PAINT. Now your out the car cover, the money for said cover, AND the paint. If its this bad, and my solution doesn't work, well, there is only one thing left.

Kill them. All of them.

Heartless, yes. But it works, and it is final. When it comes to my car, I have no problem with it, if they are on my property. Legal too by the way
Sick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #31
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt View Post
Completely understand your frustration, and it sounds like you've tried just about everything. All I can offer is cats don't like water. Is it possible to put water sprinklers like those used for the lawn around the car port? Or as ugly as it would be, maybe until you can have the car port enclosed, hang some tarps and weight down the bottom edge?
My cat loves water and jumps into the shower. You should just get a cover. A inexpensive cover from the auto parts store should run you 50 - 70 dollars and solve the problem. Also it they are Indoor out door cats and have always been indoor outdoor cats telling your neighbors to keep them inside (where they will poop all over the house) is not reasonable. Not to mention Cats, Squirrels, birds and dogs jump on things. Its what they do. Cover your car and that will be the end of it.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #32
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ammonia ATTRACTS cats and dogs to your car. It smells like piss to them and they will come to your car just to mark it. If you have a problem with one animal this is the worst thing you can do as you will now have a issue with dozens of animals.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #33
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordon View Post
I would have to continue trying to find out which cat it was and go that route. A car cover IMO would get old real quick and the first time it rained and I had to remove it would probably be the last time I used it. I know some that use them and if it works for them, great. Personally, I wouldn' want any animal on top of my car even with a cover, that's why I would try and find the culprit.
Good luck!
Finding out who's cat it is is irrelevant. Letting your cat out at night is not Illegal. I don't do it for other reasons but many people do. Also cat jumping on your car is not the fault of the owner doesn't even come close to negligence. Cover is your only option.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #34
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Don't listen to the heartless people.

My 'vet' told me that cats hate the smell of orange peels.

Try to put some around the car.

We did that when we didn't want our cat to go in the large

plant pots in the house. The cat never went again, he

couldn't stand the orange peels!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #35
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
car cover?

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #36
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rick View Post
Umm, car covers are a NO. They make it easier for them to scale the car instead of jump on it. And scaling means CLAWS. Claws mean scratches, through the cover eventually, and into the PAINT. Now your out the car cover, the money for said cover, AND the paint. If its this bad, and my solution doesn't work, well, there is only one thing left.

Kill them. All of them.

Heartless, yes. But it works, and it is final. When it comes to my car, I have no problem with it, if they are on my property. Legal too by the way
Not even close to legal. You cannot destroy someone else's property because it annoys you. Not to mention you got the right neighbor legal trouble with be the last of your issues. Full grown cats don't climb if the can avoid it there claws are not made to support there weight so they jump. Use the cat scat thing and a cover. Also are you sure the scratch came from a cat? Cats have jumped on my cars for years and I have never seen anything other than paw prints with there claws retracted.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #37
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Don't listen to the heartless people.

My 'vet' told me that cats hate the smell of orange peels.

Try to put some around the car.

We did that when we didn't want our cat to go in the large

plant pots in the house. The cat never went again, he

couldn't stand the orange peels!
My parents had the neighborhood cats that used the flower beds around the house as their litterbox and the orange peels did not work.

The spot of Dave's insanity sauce worked
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #38
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rick View Post

Kill them. All of them.

Legal?

Please be sure to let me know when you plan on doing this. I'll be sure to alert your local humane society and your local police department so they can arrest you for animal cruelty.

You don't see me killing the neighbor's stupid kids for hitting golf balls into my backyard, do you? Or killing them for riding ATVs through my backyard?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #39
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Get one of those box traps (won't harm the animal) and trap the culprit.
Then hold for ransom/repairs to your car.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #40
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
Get one of those box traps (won't harm the animal) and trap the culprit.
Then hold for ransom/repairs to your car.
Thats theft, which will only result in arrest conviction and prison sex.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #41
Bill Dillow

Drives: 2005 2500HD DuraMax, 2010 SS/RS Bla
The cat owners are no different then the idiots who bang your door at the shopping mall. THEY DON'T CARE....If they were responsible pet owners, they would make sure their cats did not damage your car.
Bill Dillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #42
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dillow View Post
The cat owners are no different then the idiots who bang your door at the shopping mall. THEY DON'T CARE....If they were responsible pet owners, they would make sure their cats did not damage your car.
How do you propose someone who owns an outside cat do that? Teach it English and reason. Kitty Camaro training? While were at it why don't we start training birds no to poop on and and have all the squirrels aim more carefully when they throw there nuts.