Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #211
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
ok so if the RS/SS keeps the same bumper as we see here. then what does it get other than halo ligts?
Darker tinted taillights and darker colored wheels. That's it (at least that's all they've released as being part of the RS on the SS).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #212
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Wow that was an exceedingly straightforward answer. I'm actually a little disappointed there wasn't a fun cryptic message to agonize over. OK I'm over it.

wellllllllllllll..........

.................actually there IS ....

If you read it "sideways" -- it says "Elvis is alive and well in East Jepip, Iowa"....

(....I slay myself sometimes........)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #213
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
It's everything I expected it to be.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #214
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Really? I respect your opinion, but when I look at the non-halo headlights they just looks mundane and cheap to me. They actually look no more high class than those on my Aveo...

Interesting that some people see things one way and some another......

The base headlamp is a reflector optic lamp -- which means very good light coverage at a reasonable price. (go check out a 98/02 Firebird versus a 98/02 Camaro -- try 'em both out at night while in a dark parking lot.....-- you'll see what I mean...)

The Halo headlamps are expen$$ive -- and it's crucial that we bring this car in at a very reasonable price.

Headlamps must perform -- but it's also a feature that some don't care about........just as long as they perform well at night!............so it makes sense to include them in the RS package.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #215
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Camaros and counting View Post
Love the MAC Drag and drop no playing around with "right click back slash period sideways thing" to get a pic to drop to the desktop. MAC'S RULE
Right Click, Save As, Name the Image if you so choose and hit Enter. That's hard?

The person I live with has a Mac and I find most things have to be done the 'long way' on it compared to my PC. That's from his explanation and watching him doing it, not my playing with it. It would take me even longer. I hate it so won't touch it. LOL

Back on topic...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #216
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Scott,

Any word on the 5th gen lineup in Indy? Can you disclose that?

Since I'm on a roll, how bout a free trip to Indy. Call it a surpise internet secret sweepstakes and I'm the winner to be announced at a later date.

That should work right? I can get coffe from Starbuck's like no one else.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #217
ChrisL

Drives: 2000 Firehawk #295
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
and will be shipped overseas to another autoshow.....
grumble grumble
His - 2000 Firehawk #295
Hers - 2004 GTO
Boys - 2008 Yukon XL Denali
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #218
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
Actually, 40k is what I got from the dealer for an idea on a SS prior to our build list meeting. Was hoping for the lower, but the build lists do not start here till October.
Pricing won't even be released until sometime in December. The dealers know no more than the rest of us in that regard.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #219
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
I see a little more different than the halo's:
1) Grill
2) Mirrors
3) Rear quarter panels
4) height
5) hood length (concept look longer)
6) overall car length (concept look longer ... like a Jaguar)
7) not as sharp -- Look at cartoon drawing. Bad guys are drawn with sharp edges and points (like the concept). Good guys are drawn with rounded features (like the production). The differences are subtle, but important IMO.
The changes are there, sure, but they are extremely subtle. There isn't a single change from concept to production that can be classified as 'drastic' by any stretch of the imagination.

Regarding the side mirrors, imo the production mirrors are much better looking. The Concepts were too slim and tiny even for the concept.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #220
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
What was the reasoning behind making the V-6 and V-8 so similar? They both look great obviously but a few additional differences would have been nice. At least different wheels (I know they are a slightly different finish but the same design more or less) or the option for different wheels

Yes I know we can customize them and many will it just seems most manufacturers seperate the base and top model a bit more. Was it purely from a cost perspective to allow for the LS3, brembos etc? If so I can live with that. I'm sure you will have plenty of GM parts for me to buy.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #221
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
Hot damn... cross drilled rotors.
Boy do I ever hate being the bearer of 'bad' news. What you saw was the Silver concept.

1) look at the interior panels
2) look at seats
3) look at rims
4) if that doesn't convince you...look at the vents.

But here's some silver lining - you thought the concept was production! Just like Scott said we would. Drastic changes, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
What was the reasoning behind making the V-6 and V-8 so similar? They both look great obviously but a few additional differences would have been nice. At least different wheels (I know they are a slightly different finish but the same design more or less) or the option for different wheels.
The wheels on the Red and Yellow V6 cars are RS-specific wheels. So you'd have to pay extra for those; I don't think that's too bad. The standard V6 rims will be unique, and definitely different from the SS.

And I assume you want the SS, right? Well....those who want the V6 models don't want - and shouldn't get - a dumbed down car. That would kill the appeal of it from the get-go. But then, imho, there's very little to improve upon without wholly changing the design of the car.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #222
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Gorgeous! It's mine.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #223
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
the non rs headlights look pretty good honestly...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #224
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Boy do I ever hate being the bearer of 'bad' news. What you saw was the Silver concept.

1) look at the interior panels
2) look at seats
3) look at rims
4) if that doesn't work...look at the vents.

But here's some silver lining - you thought the concept was production! Just like Scott said we would. Drastic changes, indeed!
Yeah, I knew that too when I posted that, but I could not help myself. However on the plus side that means that the Camaro has been evaluated with Brembo cross drilled rotors which means the odds are good there will be a set available for them at some point in time (Brembo rotors I mean... I know there are always other manufacturers of rotors out there, but cross drilling is such a precarious activity for a set of rotors I would rather not buy a set from some guy in his garage with a drill press).
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote